Dangerously Chloe 25-06-18 Go Live With Her

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

lordoffiling

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-06-18 Go Live With Her

Post by lordoffiling »

When kids are twelve there are times their intelligence surprises you, both in the “Wow I can’t believe you can get your mind around this” sense and the “OMFG, I have to explain?!” sense.

Abby seems about right, to me.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

You're giving Abby way too much credit here. Most twelve year olds (or younger) would see people getting choked out/having their lives threatened as a dangerous situation and to get as far away as possible.

Abby - instead - wants to follow the person who was doing the choking because she doesn't like what her brother did.

The girl simply isn't that bright.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

TtheLurker

Post by TtheLurker »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:18 am
Also, it is a weird message(?) for Teddi to identify only as a female, which is only happening because he was forced into it
Speaking of which, why is he still female after being injected with angel blood several strips ago? Is there something I missed?

DarkAsh

Post by DarkAsh »

Teddi wasn’t injected. You’ll note we never see the needle contact the skin. Plus she’s been shown looking at the needle contemplating whether or to to go through with it. Also, they only assume it will turn him male. Shape shifting may not be something angels can do in this universe.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Chloe, for all her failures, could be an acceptable big sister figure as long as she's watched to prevent slip-ups 24/7 and feeds away from the house. She does mean well, in her wrongheaded wsy.

Pandora is not a big sister figure. Pandora is that bad kid responsible parents won't allow their children to play with, because they might be corrupted... as Abigail clearly was.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Error of Logic wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:36 pm
Chloe, for all her failures, could be an acceptable big sister figure as long as she's watched to prevent slip-ups 24/7.
Even with those safeguards in place, Chloe's stll too much of a risk to be around Abby. She fills her head with bad advice and misinformation. Chloe needs to learn how to look after herself first.

TtheLurker

Post by TtheLurker »

DarkAsh wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:21 pm
Teddi wasn’t injected. You’ll note we never see the needle contact the skin.
Thanks, your eyesight is better than mine.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:35 am
You're giving Abby way too much credit here. Most twelve year olds (or younger) would see people getting choked out/having their lives threatened as a dangerous situation and to get as far away as possible.

Abby - instead - wants to follow the person who was doing the choking because she doesn't like what her brother did.

The girl simply isn't that bright.
Yeah, Abby should really know better at this point.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Oh FFS LET HER GO

Once she is gone there will be one less idiot affected by terminal stupidity around

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

crimzontearz wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:08 pm
Oh FFS LET HER GO

Once she is gone there will be one less idiot affected by terminal stupidity around
And then the plot would switch to something far more entertaining - rescuing Abby from Hell/saving her from eternal damnation instead of Teddy prepping himself to punch Chloe's V card.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Cortez wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:33 am
TJgalon wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:04 am
It almost like she a little sister or something.
This might shock you, but most little sisters don't act like brats.
No, but to make things interesting they usually are. Consider Dawn from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The mystics turned a universal key into a kid sister Buffy would protect. That actually makes sense, but for the sake of making everything interesting the writers couldn't make her a studious girl who wants to avoid danger, but a little brat that constantly gets into trouble. How many plots would never happen in this webcomic if Abby wasn't a brat?

Perhaps now Teddi will seek out Chloe since she really is the lesser of two evils as far as teaching Abby to control her powers.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

How many plots would never happen in this webcomic if Abby wasn't a brat?
She certainly wouldn't have killed herself with a scythe.
No, but to make things interesting they usually are.
That's not always true, there have been many stories where siblings get along and are protective of each other.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

brasca wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:22 am
How many plots would never happen in this webcomic if Abby wasn't a brat?
I don't mind her being depicted as a brat so much as I mind her being depicted as incredibly out of touch, ignorant, idiotic etc. for someone her age and in her situation. Yes kids can be ignorant but she passes from that into extreme obliviousness.

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

Cortez wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:33 am
TJgalon wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:04 am
It almost like she a little sister or something.
This might shock you, but most little sisters don't act like brats.
Please tell that to my two little one then, haha
"Somebody just stake me now"