Dangerously Chloe 21-06-18 Returning to Class

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Cortez

Re: Dangerously Chloe 21-06-18 Returning to Class

Post by Cortez »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:51 am

Who rescued Chloe from Heaven after the angels mistook her for Pandora?
That happened because of Pandora. You don't get credit for fixing a problem you caused.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

@Cortez - Though Pandora got Chloe into that mess, she didn't have to go and save her bestie; she could have left her there to face whatever punishment the angels had in store for who they thought was Pandora.

If you still don't want to give her credit for that - then how about sneaking into Heaven to save both Teddy and Abby, who had went to rescue Chloe themselves and almost got caught by the angels, as a result. If it wasn't for Pandora, all three would have been captured.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Ordra

Post by Ordra »

Eh, given Pandora's past actions I really don't understand how anyone can be even the tiniest bit upset that Teddi decided to get a dig in on her.

Not only that, it's not like Pandora was some damned soul that escaped the torments of Hell. We're not talking about her facing eternal agony and torture. She's a demonic teenager who got caught skipping school and is being made to go back. Om my. How horrifying.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I'm not saying I'm unhappy she's gone.
The timing is just a teensy bit awkward because she might have taught Abigail how to morph away her unholy attributes.
That, and giving her a hope spot was just... petty. More fool her that she fell for it, of course.

In hindsight, this is where Pandora proved she was irredeemable.
If she had actually cared for the humans she'd been sponging off, she would have acknowledged that she was going where she belonged, and would have insisted Teddi keep the card.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:17 pm
@Cortez - Though Pandora got Chloe into that mess, she didn't have to go and save her bestie; she could have left her there to face whatever punishment the angels had in store for who they thought was Pandora.
She didn't have to put her in that situation either, but she did. None of that would have happened if Pandora hadn't set up Chloe to take the fall for her. She doesn't get credit for fixing her own mess.

As for saving Abby, she did that begrudgingly. She was ready to leave her dead.
Last edited by Cortez on Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

HAH!!!! ahahhahahaha!!

See you on the flipside Pandora =)) =)) :)) :)) :))

Also let's not forget she was about to be taken away anyway? I'm with BioYugi, very well put :ymapplause: :ymapplause: *claps*

Zafnak

Post by Zafnak »

That Karma, she be a bitch, eh Pandy?

otaku247

Post by otaku247 »

While I can understand all the Pandora-hate on the forum, she is simply a chaotic hedonist true to that nature. Everything she has done in the course of her being and interacting with the others in this comic has been in that pursuit, and nothing more. As for people not getting credit for fixing their own messes, don't forget that rules out any chance of ANYONE being redeemable in that way as Abby is in the fix she's in out of her own actions, as is both Chloe and Teddi/Teddy. I'm not saying Pandora doesn't deserve some (ok a lot of) karmic punishment but she is hardly alone in that regard.

dmra

Post by dmra »

One thing puzzling me is that I don't recall Alchemy getting anything like the hate that Pandora does yet her behaviour was far worse.

Deliberately injecting Teddy with her blood/ectoplasm just to see what happened was pretty damned reprehensible. Pandora may have done more bad things but I can't think of anything that she has done that is half as bad as carrying out experiments on an unwilling victim.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

otaku247 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:58 pm
As for people not getting credit for fixing their own messes, don't forget that rules out any chance of ANYONE being redeemable.
Agreed.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

otaku247 wrote:
While I can understand all the Pandora-hate on the forum, she is simply a chaotic hedonist true to that nature.
And? That's not an excuse for Teddy not getting some payback. Sounds more like you can think of anything to defend her.

In fact by that logic, she's just being sent back to where she belongs. She is a demon and belongs in hell. By that logic, Teddy was right to mess with her the way he did.
As for people not getting credit for fixing their own messes, don't forget that rules out any chance of ANYONE being redeemable.
No it doesn't, you're being ridiculous. That's not how redemption works.

Saving Chloe from a situation she intentionally put her in is not a good example of her being a good person, because if Pandora was a good person she wouldn't have made Chloe take the fall in her place.

That's the part you seem to be missing. That and the fact that Teddy and Abby had to make Pandora do the right thing. So no, she doesn't get credit for being forced to save Chloe from a situation she put her in.

Very few times has she done the right thing of her own free will.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:24 am
otaku247 wrote:
No it doesn't, you're being ridiculous. That's not how redemption works.
Yes, that's exactly how redemption works. Even outright villains can atone for whatever sins/crimes/etc. they've committed.

If you want a *C-verse example: Cess and Laura used to be minor antagonists to Layla and even used Nina to try to dethrone her. But by the end of Vol.3, they changed for the better thanks to Nina showing Laura kindness. Since then, they've made up for it by helping her (or at least, trying to).

Granted, I doubt Pandora will ever have such turnaround, nor do I care for her character, but I think otaku has a fair point.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Pandora isn't entirely without some sort of morality. She initially thought that Chloe would only be held by the angels for a couple of days. When she found out it was going to be more she decided to do something to help. And did it at the risk of getting caught herself. So selfish and mischievous but not without some redeeming qualities.
http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips-dc/The_best_part
http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... _on_shorty

Starphoenix

Post by Starphoenix »

Yeah, not really seeing Pandora "fixing her own mess" as being on par with some of the other redemption arcs.

And Pandora getting screwed by the plot? Considering breaking my hiatus from the series because of this...
Pretty much here for the ****posting.

Last Dangerously Chloe Comic Read: 09/18/17

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Cortez wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:24 am

Saving Chloe from a situation she intentionally put her in is not a good example of her being a good person, because if Pandora was a good person she wouldn't have made Chloe take the fall in her place.
Going to go with the 'agree to disagree' option here in regards to that first example.

However, it doesn't change the fact that all the other examples that I had provided in an earlier post proves Pandora is not the completely lazy, troublesome mooch that many people think she is. Not saying she doesn't have those negative qualities about her (because she sure as hell does); I'm just saying she has redeemable qualities, as well - few as they are.
Last edited by Fluffy on Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.