21-06-18 Are we interrupting something

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Dragon Paladin

Re: 21-06-18 Are we interrupting something

Post by Dragon Paladin »

I bet zii's libido shrivels up once she and Didi get started, and she realizes what a selfish lover Didi is.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Hurts a bit to see Gary basically lying to Peggy in the first panel... Man up and say "Why, yes, you are, we were on our way to having sex!"

But of course, all the does not matter at all considering what Zii is doing.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Be fair; it wasn't yet entirely clear that they were on their way to having sex -- they were still at the talks-about-having-talks stage -- and it was generally a pretty weird situation. I honestly can't hold it against Gary that he wasn't sure what to say there and waffled his way out of it. That wasn't even a lie, by a strict definition; he and Zii were having a conversation.

And I guess that the other thing that may now get tested is whether Gary has actually taught Zii the swirly.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

All is proceeding according to Lita's plan. Gary is hers. ;)

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I haven't said this before, and in-universe hardly anyone would believe it, but... you can do better than this, Suzi. Much better. And you wouldn't need to look very far to find a superior candidate, either.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yep. Jung does the reading, and would do wonders for the range of her wardrobe.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I didn't want Gary and Zii ending up together anyway and this is why. Zii still doesn't know who or what she wants. As for Gary, I'm hoping against hope that Peggy has a change of heart and gives Gary a chance for a more serious relationship with her. If not, then I guess that means Gary ends up with no one. Oh well, that's life.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Don Alexander wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:18 pm
Hurts a bit to see Gary basically lying to Peggy in the first panel... Man up and say "Why, yes, you are, we were on our way to having sex!"

But of course, all the does not matter at all considering what Zii is doing.
He didn't lie to her. They hadn't done anything and were only talking about it. Even so, while with Peggy it really shouldn't matter as she was already screwing someone else that night, Didi was right there. He shouldn't be saying to much about the conversation, as the conversation was based on the idea of Zii and him have sex, because Didi already put the relationship into open status, when it wasn't what Zii wanted.

Now Didi is there, didn't do anything and Zii can say, "No. I don't want that."

My guess is this is were Didi breaks it off with Zii. Didi has broken it off with people before, don't see why she can't break it off with Zii.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

leann123 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:48 pm
I still think that she and Gary will end up together in the end which I want still. Just look at the sadness on her face in the last panel. She's already regretting her choice.
Clearly not happening, not as long as DiDi is around. Zii wants DiDi so bad she's destroyed her band and ruined friendships and relationships over that lust. Gary is clearly not an effective substitute, not in Zii's mind anyway. Zii may regret walking away from Gary, but she'd clearly much rather be with DiDi.

Suzi wants Gary, true. But she wants DiDi MORE. A LOT more. So much more that I suspect that if DiDi dumps her, she'll move out and disappear again rather than take Gary as a consolation prize.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

More subtly; Zii wants the idea of DiDi — the ultimate prize, the perfect sex object. She wants the reality of Gary — the one guy who complements her, the potential lover who’s also a friend.

This “idiot ideal vs. sane reality” clash is hardly new. And the downer ending (where the protagonist fails to let go of the foolish idealism) is fairly common in tragedy, while the happy ending (where she recognises sane reality at the very last minute, and probably rushes across town carrying a ghetto blaster) is a howling cliché of romcoms. So let’s see where this goes.
---------
Spidrift

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I don't think we are going to get a "Downer Ending" but a "And The Adventure Continues" ending is looking very likely though.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

well, with only 1 week to go before the book finishes (im guessing) I don't think there will be enough time to talk and then do the action deeds :(

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

One week? I thought we had until the end of the year.

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Zii still doesn't know about poly-fidelity. Not open, but also not monogamous. Like a mono relationship, but with more partners. Assuming Peggy is willing, slot her in there beside Gary and Didi. I'm betting that when Peggy gets treated like another member of the family Didi loves her efforts on Didi will also be successful as Didi's were on Peggy. Now that would be an interesting polycule.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

tcrpgfan

Post by tcrpgfan »

TheFoolishOne wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:22 pm
well, with only 1 week to go before the book finishes (im guessing) I don't think there will be enough time to talk and then do the action deeds :(
No. Giz has gone on record stating that the story will be done when it's done. Not when it reaches a certain number of strips.
"Time... Lines? Time isn't made out of lines... It is made out of circles. THAT is why clocks are round." -Caboose from Red vs. Blue