Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

19-06-18 Make it fair

Post by Giz »

Passing Through

Re: 19-06-18 Make it fair

Post by Passing Through »

Their sins found them out very quickly this time. Impressively so I'd say.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Must be emphasised how exceptional the emotion in the art is - get a palpable sense of the characters' each feeling.

Now, I guess cue the "how long have you been there?" question... And waka waka, I guess. Peggy and DiDi might've been there the entire time, and their prior experiences occurred much earlier to this current meeting? Unlikely, but also unlikely is the not-so-pristine apartment door being both unlocked and silent.
Old hat having newcomers crash an awkward situation at its most embarrassing, but it works fine enough, as well as being a more palatable and less frequently used option in the strip than the arrivals to walk in upon an X-rated scene.

Peggy appears nonplused (a little sense of surprise at hearing Gary saying such things to Zii, but not shock), which makes sense as she and Gary have an established casual relationship, although one might wager her time around life-threatening spy crap earlier that day has still kept her senses numbed. Rather sly to keep DiDi's face hidden, so her reaction is still up in the air; likely possibilities seem like either her desperation for an orgasm will make her insist upon a threesome (or fourway to be *polite* to Peggy), or she will flee in a melodramatic yet DiDi-like fashion.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

My guess is that they've been there long enough to hear the last three words and nothing else.

Also: Zii's expression in Panel One? Good lord, Giz, how did you do that!? There's so much going on there.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

I'm guessing they also just heard the last 3 words, which is funny enough as itself, since they are so extremely speedy at arriving back at the apt which must be the next house down next to the hotel :D. Also, is it going to be ménage' a quatre now? ). O.O (of which I would approve) ^:)^

AnUnconcernedCitizen

Post by AnUnconcernedCitizen »

Due to the nature of the phrase "blow me", Peggy and Didi might believe that Gary and Zii are actually fighting. If so, then we'll probably get to see a) relief that they were misunderstood, b) guilt (more on Zii's part) that they were definitely about to have sex, and c) regret that they were interrupted as their partners take them to separate bedrooms for some "stress relief".

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yep, Giz is presumably having a lot of fun broadening Zii’s range of depicted facial expressions.
lordoffiling wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:36 am
My guess is that they've been there long enough to hear the last three words and nothing else.
That’s my guess too. Of course, Peggy is sane and rational enough to ask for some context — what this was all about — before she passes any judgements, and honest enough not to get hypocritical about Gary not being faithful to her. But DiDi is another matter; she’s fully capable of any amount of solipsistic nastiness these days.

Though I dunno. The way this scene has been set up — with nobody actually in flagrante and all — almost suggests that we may be about to get a semi-rational conversation between these four. Just to change things up a bit and facilitate the comic moving to its ending if so, I suppose.

Also, I’m struck by the way that Gary is actually being a bit more verbally explicit and blunt than has usually been the norm in this comic. It’s never been shy about sex, obviously, but people in the strips don’t often talk about “screwing” and “blow jobs” in so many words on screen. I’m sure that they use such words and cruder plenty off screen, sure, but writing things that way keeps the tone light and naughty rather than crass or crude. I guess that one could say that Gary is still a bit too nerdy to have mastered the art of erotic euphemism, or that he’s now too mature and honest to duck the plain truth when necessary.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

If DiDi and Peggy arrived at the scene only to hear and see Gary shout "BLOW ME, Zii", then they could possibly construe it as a fight.
FIRRIB

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Well, I think we may have actually hit what Didi might call "le dénouement."

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

This reminds me very strongly of the time Suzi messed up her relationship with Erik -- and this time, she can't blame Sonya for setting things up.

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

Memo to G & Z: Make a sex tape already and leak it to the Internet.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:56 pm
Well, I think we may have actually hit what Didi might call "le dénouement."
Three syllables?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

The music for this strip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfe8tCcHnKY

(first 30 seconds or so is sufficient)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

ven

Post by ven »

Man, this comic has gotten so predictable it's not even fun any more.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:17 pm
Though I dunno. The way this scene has been set up — with nobody actually in flagrante and all — almost suggests that we may be about to get a semi-rational conversation between these four. Just to change things up a bit and facilitate the comic moving to its ending if so, I suppose.
Less talkie more wafflie. :|

(And with wafflie, I mean... Erotic euphemisms and all that. :P )
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)