14-06-18 A gift

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

JoybuzzerX

Re: 14-06-18 A gift

Post by JoybuzzerX »

lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:33 pm
Not sure if true, but wouldn’t blame him in the slightest if so. How many years have these comics been running? I’d imagine everybody involved is bored by now. Anyone would be.
I always found that to be the oddest thing to say. "I'm bored of my own creation and working." :p I can't say I know how successful this is, but I do know they make the KS goal and have no promise that whatever they do next is going to succeed as much.

As for the comic, have to agree from above. Why the secret keeping of the relationship, unless it was just for the reader, but even then, I would wonder why. This is the Me3 universe, where there is no such thing as a straight female. :p

If we're coming to a close, I also have to wonder when Sonya is coming back in. I don't care for Yuki's ending, but we at least have some idea of what it is.

KichiMiangra

Post by KichiMiangra »

Does anyone else get this vibe where with how quickly Bianca was introduced and then pushed out of the plot so nonsensically that her inclusion was just meant to introduce her to either be used in a new 'Sexy Action' comic after MA3 ends or get included as a cast member in an existing comic like STB or Sandra on the Rocks? :-?

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

So it's looking like Didi and Peggy are going back to the apartment at the same time. Will Didi and Peggy walk in on Gary and Zii making out or having sex? Time for Dave to flip a coin or throw another dart at the dart board. Dillon, Ruby, Amber, and Kiley continue to be MIA.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Is this the first time someone was shot in Ma3?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:49 pm
As for the comic, have to agree from above. Why the secret keeping of the relationship, unless it was just for the reader, but even then, I would wonder why.
I’m not sure why anybody thinks there was any secrecy here. Peggy said that she experimented with lesbianism in college; now in turns out that the experimenting was with a good friend, Bianca, with whom she evidently parted amicably, but would now consider reuniting for a more or less serious relationship (if it weren’t for the, y’know, guns and death and stuff). Nothing odd or inconsistent there.
KichiMiangra wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:02 pm
Does anyone else get this vibe where with how quickly Bianca was introduced and then pushed out of the plot so nonsensically that her inclusion was just meant to introduce her to either be used in a new 'Sexy Action' comic after MA3 ends or get included as a cast member in an existing comic like STB or Sandra on the Rocks?
Nah. Bianca reeks to me of one-off plot device. I doubt we’ll see her again.
Cortez wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:45 pm
Yes. And?

Triple post merged. Lazy today, old chap? The DAMNed
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Shinjischneider

Post by Shinjischneider »

My thoughts about the current storyline and the spy-arc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p7GU5Oql2w

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

KichiMiangra wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:02 pm
Does anyone else get this vibe where with how quickly Bianca was introduced and then pushed out of the plot so nonsensically that her inclusion was just meant to introduce her to either be used in a new 'Sexy Action' comic after MA3 ends or get included as a cast member in an existing comic like STB or Sandra on the Rocks? :-?
Both SDB and SotR are slated to end this year. AFAIK after the last strip wraps up, that's it for Pixie Trix. Giz has a new unrelated project and there are no new titles planned for the MAverse or the C-verse. Bianca could be a character that they intended for a plot line that never got off the ground; but I'm inclined to agree with Spidrift: she's a plot device and a pretty piss-poor one.
Last edited by Lokitsu on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:29 pm
Cortez wrote:
Yes. And?
And nothing, just curious.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

So, a while back, I was musing about the idea of a Multiverse within the Many-Worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics. :-?

Essentially, it says that each possible outcome of a quantum process occurs, but in each case an entirely new universe is created.

Now, my point is, this implies that basically anything that CAN happen, DOES happen "somewhere out there". And this may apply to the plotline and "end configuration" of this comic. Somewhere out there is a universe which will make any shipper happy. Even the Eulice/Gary ones. And these universe's will not even be ruled by madness, but in some form or fashion, Giz and Dave will have reached conclusions they feel are in some way logical to reach this point.

Of course, you can still (somehow...) create statistics, I guess certain outcomes (Gary + Zii or Gary + Peggy for example being ones that would not really surprise people) are more prevalent than other (Last panel is Gary being tentacle-raped by Cthulhu!).

And if you wished to be judgemental, you could call the rather prevalent, unsurprising ones "normal" and the Cthulhufuckers "outliers".

Considering...

a) the ending of Cool Cat Studios
b) Donald Trump being the POTUS
c) the sudden Bianaca plot

I think we live in an outlier already. :|
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Cortez wrote:
Even in my life getting shot or being around when someone gets shot is a rare occurrence. I' almost 60 and I have only seen it once, but I hve seen 6 people get killed by cars and one guy lose an arm at the shoulder in a car wreck. What's worse is I count myself in the 6 dead (long story). :-B
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Admittedly the spy caper is a bit of a stretch, but if the ill fated assassin died a cleaner would take care of the corpse and if he lived then Bianca's people would arrest him and take care of all the police reports. Now I would be worried for Peggy since she's naked and getting a lot of his blood on her. It's one thing to suspend disbelief for a spy plot, but cross contamination is another matter.

Although it probably doesn't matter I think he lived since that would be turn into dark humor territory for someone to die. However, if he had to die there are worse ways. Having a naked nurse attend to before you slip away is how I'd like to go. ;)

I know a a lot of people think DiDi and Peggy will return to Gary and Zii going at like Dillon and Matt in the very first strip, but there seems like a lot more to go before that bookend theoretically arrives. Perhaps they'll return and Gary and Zii will be playing video games or something else non sexual. That would be quite the twist.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Watching Transformers together would be a real twist. Did she ever watch all of them like she promised?
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Don Alexander wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:20 am
Essentially, it says that each possible outcome of a quantum process occurs, but in each case an entirely new universe is created.
“The number of parallel worlds is uncountably infinite - infinite like the real numbers, not merely like the integers.”
— Greg Egan, “The Infinite Assassin”. Which I thoroughly recommend, especially to Don.

Hmm. Perhaps Bianca is an Egan-esque infinite assassin, stable across all possible versions of reality and seeking to stabilise the current situation, by any means necessary.
brasca wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:42 am
Admittedly the spy caper is a bit of a stretch, but if the ill fated assassin died a cleaner would take care of the corpse and if he lived then Bianca's people would arrest him and take care of all the police reports.
If there’s one thing I learned from a certain movie, it’s that you do NOT want to be an inconvenient loose end when the Cleaner is sent in.

As to what these two will find when they get back to the apartment — who knows, honestly? It does feel a bit like Giz and Dave are rolling dice to determine the plot just now. (“Three sixes! A gunfight breaks out!”)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

OldBrit

Post by OldBrit »

brasca wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:42 am
... if he lived then Bianca's people would arrest him and take care of all the police reports.
Depends on who Bianca's people are. If they're the opposition they may not have arrest powers, or clean-up powers.

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:30 am
Watching Transformers together would be a real twist. Did she ever watch all of them like she promised?
Since when has "Wing Girl" ever followed through on a promise? Especially one that benefited anyone besides herself?