2018-06-01 That word you called him

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Spidrift

Re: 2018-06-01 That word you called him

Post by Spidrift »

Eisu wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:10 am
Those things happened BECAUSE of Sandra...
Fine, infatuation makes her do crazy stupid things. But the fact remains that she does crazy stupid things, simply because of an infatuation with someone she’s only met relatively recently. That’s exactly the sort of chuckle-headedness that makes someone look like ... what’s the word ... oh yes, an amateur.
Why do you assume that she and Anette are roommates? They are friends, yes, but show me a strip that tells you they are roommates.
They’re evidently fairly close in some way — when Aaina and Sandra were arranging the slumber party, Sandra threw Anette’s name her way, and Aaina talked like she’d know Anette’s state of health — and when Anette wanted to run home from the party, she grabbed Aaina to go with her. I jumped to a conclusion from the last, evidently wrongly (but why did Anette do that — car sharing?), but I don’t think it was an unreasonable mistake.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Eisu wrote:
A professional cat burglar (assuming that’s what she is) who apparently shares an apartment with a police officer really ought to be very careful indeed of her secret, because one over-emotional lapse too many is going to mean ten years inside or a long foreign trip.
Why do you assume that she and Anette are roommates? They are friends, yes, but show me a strip that tells you they are roommates.
I think Spidrift may be referring to this strip. But, telling a friend they want to go home isn't necessarily an indication that they live together; it could just as well mean that they arrived at the club together and one may not be able to leave without the other one (and the other grabbing a cab isn't an option).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Hm, the look in the last panel would indicate Cammi is asking too many questions, making too many connections, and will need to be disposed of soon. :P

Unfortunate limo accident...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Given Cammi's claimed skills, that would probably be the worst possible way to try and dispose of her. Though I'd be interested to see Eisu's take on a care chase through Paris sequence.

<Also, insert tasteless gags about limos in Paris, tunnels, attractive women, paparazzi, wearing seat belts, et cetera.>
Last edited by Spidrift on Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Balancer

Post by Balancer »

I don't know why but my mind keeps expecting this scene to slip into a different genre written by G.R.R.Martin where Aania pulls a you know too much and spins kick her off the roof. Must be her expression.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

brasca wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:46 am
I would think this would be more of a problem once Eloise brings Pierre around than potentially destroying her modeling career.
Oh, yes, in where we learn that, for Eloise, revenge is a dish best served *hot*.

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:22 am
Given Cammi's claimed skills, that would probably be the worst possible way to try and dispose of her.
In all seriousness, though, Cammi might be skirting into dangerous territory here. Aina does not strike me as someone to be trifled with.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:14 am
Fine, infatuation makes her do crazy stupid things. But the fact remains that she does crazy stupid things, simply because of an infatuation with someone she’s only met relatively recently. That’s exactly the sort of chuckle-headedness that makes someone look like ... what’s the word ... oh yes, an amateur.
Well, not everybody can be Danny Ocean (although he also did crazy things when he lost Tess to the point of getting caught and going to prison before the events of Ocean's 11)...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:14 am
Eisu wrote:
Those things happened BECAUSE of Sandra...
But we have established NUMEROUS times how much Aaina is infatuated with Sandra. I think we can safely assume that normally, she's a professional but Sandra makes her do crazy things. This is NOT an uncommon trope. Admittedly, yes, it makes her look like an amateur because of Sandra, but it is only the case IN FRONT of Sandra. Thankfully, her job doesn't entail her to be in front of Sandra all the time so we can, again, safely assume, she is normally, let's say 95% of the time, professional. And 95% professionalism over 5% amateurism does make her a good professional. You're making it sound like she's just stupid clumsy ALL the time like an actual amateur.
(but why did Anette do that — car sharing?)
In this same storyline, Sandra literally did the same thing with Lavali and they're not roommates/housemates either. Friends do that, they share cabs or ubers or whatever to go somewhere together. Your assumptions of them being roommates/housemates are... understandable, but to believe in it so much to the point that you're using it as facts feels too much. Assumptions should stay as assumptions and should not be used as facts to point certain other flaws you think are present.