Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: 05-06-18 Too exciting

Post by Spidrift »

Don Alexander wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:52 pm
So, Alpha Flight? :-?
Don't flaunt or feign ignorance, old chap. Given the debt that every other cinematic action girl owes to Diana Rigg...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:10 pm
Confirmed that Peggy and Bianca weren't just play-flirting, anyway...
Why do people keep assuming that Peggy/Bianca had to be either: 1) play-flirting or 2) finding true love with each other?

How about they just wanted to have a friendly roll in the hay for old times' sake?
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

ThePonyGuy

Post by ThePonyGuy »

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

Rosa wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:56 pm
I'm guessing Bianca is involved in something Gwynn wouldn't approve of... some shady, dangerous business, probably illegal... :-s poor Peggy, she'll be really sad and disappointed...

Of course, the other possibility is that Bianca is working for the government's secret service and actually is a Canadian James Bond of sorts? (He-ey, I wouldn't mind that one at all! :ymblushing: )

I see Bianca's and Peggy's future:

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Rosa wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:04 pm
Why do people keep assuming that Peggy/Bianca had to be either: 1) play-flirting or 2) finding true love with each other?
I don't know about (2), but for (1), while it's not quite accurate to say we hadn't seen her show an interest in women, it was always kind of kicking-and-screaming? For that reason, play-flirting made more sense than having had a female FWB for her character's entire run.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I don't think I've heard the word 'floozie' again since Avatar: The Last Airbender.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

So... we were confused as to whether scene a or scene b would happen with a Cblock for both WHEN AN ACTION SCENE BROKE OUT :D

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:00 pm
Don't flaunt or feign ignorance, old chap. Given the debt that every other cinematic action girl owes to Diana Rigg...
Oh, you mean THOSE Avengers - the ones I vaguely know as "Mit Schirm, Charme und Melone".

Sorry, never watched that, OLD CHAP. :P

(Not even the Uma Thurman version.)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Jean wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:51 pm
I don't think I've heard the word 'floozie' again since Avatar: The Last Airbender.
I think of it as old-fashioned enough that it’s usually used as a joke, but I run into occasionally on that basis.

Actually, I’d define it as something like “mistress” with overtones of, well, cheapness and especially loose sexual morals; the sort of woman you see hanging off the arm of a bad guy in an old-fashioned gangster movie, chewing gum and possibly making eyes at the hero. Definitely dated, of course, and not quite the right word here, though I get what Zii is saying.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

By the way, I wonder if someone really sharpened the cheese grater.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

The lines in the last panel are what's calle "action" lines rather than "speed" lines and are meant to convey that the panel is a fleeting moment of a dynamic fast-paced sequence
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Don Alexander wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:07 pm
By the way, I wonder if someone really sharpened the cheese grater.
Okay, Google let me down on that one.
---------
Spidrift

gormadoc

Post by gormadoc »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:34 pm
Nah, we know she was educated in Canada. The Black Widows were a Soviet programme. She’s more like a product of the Canadian branch of the other Avengers organisation.
I thought it was a reference to that terrible Dean Martin spy series, but that was "The Ambushers." Turned out not to be too far off.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Anyhow, if we’re talking about possible inspirations for Bianca — well TV Tropes has a fairly extensive list.
---------
Spidrift

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Poor Gary, Peggy has absolutely no real desire other than fuck buddy and roomie. :(