02-06-18 Little man

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

leann123

Re: 02-06-18 Little man

Post by leann123 »

I like the idea of Zii and Gary because they bring out the best in each other. Honestly some of the best comics are when they are together.

brasca

Post by brasca »

JoeNobody wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:44 am
Dave and Giz are SUCH hypocrites.

They won't give us any more nipples, but looky here -- a clitoris! Admittedly, a cartoon depiction of one, but still...
It avoids looking like the real thing enough that it will slide past the censors.

I think Gary has found the right balance. Passivity has worked so well, but also gotten him into trouble. This time around he's more conscious of helping out a friend, but won't be drawn into any more crazy shenanigans.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

He's grown a lot.

tcrpgfan

Post by tcrpgfan »

leann123 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:05 pm
I like the idea of Zii and Gary because they bring out the best in each other. Honestly some of the best comics are when they are together.
She makes him more open to different lifestyles while he is really good at giving her a rather unbiased perspective on the shenanigans she finds herself in.
"Time... Lines? Time isn't made out of lines... It is made out of circles. THAT is why clocks are round." -Caboose from Red vs. Blue

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

DarkAsh wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:11 pm
I'd be willing to pay extra for the next volume if that last panel is still colored. There's been other panels with color and guest art that unfortunately were printed in gray scale. http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/A_sweet_pair

Can someone verify if Adobe Portable Document Formats are all black and white like the physical publications or do they match what's on the website?
The PDF version of that strip is purely greyscale, I’m afraid.

It’s not surprising that the prints don’t feature colour; that’d require printing the whole thing on a colour press, which sends the costs way, way up. And if they’re going to convert to greyscale when creating a PDF, might as well do it straight away in case one forgets otherwise.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

DarkAsh

Post by DarkAsh »

Thanks, Spidrift. I prefer physical media and am glad I won't need to buy a few PDFs for the odd bit of color.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

JoeNobody wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:44 am
Dave and Giz are SUCH hypocrites.

They won't give us any more nipples, but looky here -- a clitoris! Admittedly, a cartoon depiction of one, but still...
Come to think of it, is there an equivalent to the little man in a canoe for nipples?
The closest I can recall just now is the old joke about the girl who loses her bikini top in the ocean, claps her hands over her chest and makes a dash for the dressing-booths only for a little boy to stop her and say: "Excuse me, miss. If you ever want to sell your puppies, may I have the one with the pink nose?"

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

Hey...

We know Gary is 30 years old. And Don Alexander has confirmed Zii is supposed to be 22/23 years old. So where does she get off calling Gary a "little brother"!?

Cheeky brat. Humph. :-Q
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Error of Logic wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:03 pm
Come to think of it, is there an equivalent to the little man in a canoe for nipples?
Aside from the million-and-one slang terms for breasts generally (I guess one could show a small garden bird or a gannet-like seabird), the only thing I can think of offhand is a pea on a plate.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

O:-) Still, Love the pink Canoe <3

rpr

Post by rpr »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:34 pm
And Gary may be much more clueful now than he used to be, but he still can’t see through a ridiculously thin comics-conventional denial.
My impression from the second panel is that he is not totally convinced yet, so maybe he actaully see through, but what should he do? Call Zii a liar?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Essentially, err, yes. But politely. If you see a friend talking themselves into something that will hurt them, because they’re lying to themselves, then you usually have to find a polite, tactful way of telling them that they’re lying. Because that’ll likely hurt less than the alternative.
---------
Spidrift

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:07 pm
Essentially, err, yes. But politely. If you see a friend talking themselves into something that will hurt them, because they’re lying to themselves, then you usually have to find a polite, tactful way of telling them that they’re lying. Because that’ll likely hurt less than the alternative.
What have you seen, that you think Gary should see Zii see's him as more? Even if Gary wasn't clueless, what indication has Zii given him, to think "She's into me."

She's dating Didi. She's been lusting after her forever. She's also seemed to have leaned more towards other women than men (that may just be the comic though, and going for the girl on girl fan service).

Even this kiss is on the pretense of helping her please Didi even better.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

He says in the first frame of this strip that he can see that the idea of kissing him is making her uncomfortable — and although she denies it, her expressions and body language continue to scream discomfort.

He doesn’t need to realise that she fancies him; he just needs to see that the idea of kissing him is a problem for her, somehow, despite what she says. Why doesn’t matter much.
---------
Spidrift

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »