Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

31-05-18 Nothing weird

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: 31-05-18 Nothing weird

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Never imagined this thought would arise, yet: Zii looks earnestly innocent and sweet in panel 3.
Gary seems to be remaining impressively neutral; an intriguing role reversal as Gary is the calmer one, while Zii is becoming increasingly flustered.
Got to give credit to Lita for being one hell of a sassy cat without having to do or "say" anything. :))

Guess we'll see what happens with the underwear wrestling match later; seriously hoping it just becomes a wrestling bout, without any salacious follow-up. Maura being *converted* to bicuriosity because of Lynn capitalising on the former being so starstruck, is quite disconcerting; DiDi's cluelessness could lead to either an unintentionally serious fight or the sexual entanglement, but I'm getting ahead of the current ambiguity.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ah, okay, Giz and Dave playing at cliffhangers.

But please remember this β€”
A kiss is just a kiss,
A sigh is just a sigh.
The fundamental things apply,
As time goes by.

Hey, we have Gary playing Victor to DiDi’s Rick and Zii’s Ilsa! Cool. That makes Lynn into Louis, I guess (and Yuki into Sam). So DiDi and Lynn do have a bautiful friendship lined up...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

Lita substitutes the readership in this strip πŸ˜‹

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Much like The Terror in the new Tick episodes, I’m beginning to feel a beat here.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

OllieOrOlly wrote: ↑
Thu May 31, 2018 9:31 am
Never imagined this thought would arise, yet: Zii looks earnestly innocent and sweet in panel 3.
Gary seems to be remaining impressively neutral; an intriguing role reversal as Gary is the calmer one, while Zii is becoming increasingly flustered.
Zii the nervous 13-year-old virgin. Now I seen it all.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Tragically, Zii doesn't realize that Gary is Lita's pet. That boy's her territory, marked and claimed.

This could get brutal. ;)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Antinerd wrote: ↑
Thu May 31, 2018 2:02 pm
Remember that Amber implied that she had never had a boyfriend, and was unsure quite how to go about her new relationship.

These people have ... odd ... life experiences.
Last edited by Spidrift on Thu May 31, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Jackass Mask

Post by Jackass Mask »

Hogan wrote: ↑
Thu May 31, 2018 12:23 pm
Lita substitutes the readership in this strip πŸ˜‹
Indeed, I'm making a similar face as I wait for this to fall apart.

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

Even Lita's looking at them lik: " Will you two just bang already?"

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

cheshire86 wrote: ↑
Thu May 31, 2018 2:03 pm
Tragically, Zii doesn't realize that Gary is Lita's pet. That boy's her territory, marked and claimed.
Zii has gone on record by stating that Lita is mostly his now, seeing as how much time she spends nearer him (or in his room) than with her. Not very surprising since he seems to be her caretaker/responsible hooman. Remember: cat's are our overlords.

Cliffhanger after cliffhanger. Naughty naughty creative team. The suspense is building. X_X :YMDAYDREAM: :-ss ~X(

I still appreciate Gary not taking advantage of the situation... or being clueless to Zii's libidometer... and taking the high road by respecting the acknowledged relationship that Zii & Didi have. TBH, I also think that if the role of Gary was anyone else other than Gary that Zii would have been banging them relentlessly right now. Even with Lita staring on. Perhaps there's some sort of graduated result of Zii treating Gary as she has and only now realize he's interesting? Perhaps something more meaningful even then what she shared with Erik? It isn't respect for the SGR that is getting her acting like a nervous teenager; she's proved her overall techniques are better (at least versus Didi... all that matters it seems).

I see Lita silently being the one nonchalantly telling Zii something akin to "Well it's about time you noticed this one. Took you long enough. Come on, now. Get shagging." If my theory holds, she knew all along.
Last edited by worldshaking00 on Thu May 31, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

Yes, I do think that's it. Zii's reaction in panel 4 confirms it.

Looks like you were right all along about Lita. B-)
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Lita's face says it all.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Antinerd wrote: ↑
Thu May 31, 2018 2:02 pm
OllieOrOlly wrote: ↑
Thu May 31, 2018 9:31 am
Actually, we have already seen Zii like this. When she started dating Eric, she was constantly flustered, nervous and fidgety -- and her behavior around him (or even when she was alone but happened to think of him) was exactly that of a timorous, insecure 13-year-old virgin.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Badman!

Post by Badman! »

This ... will not gonna happen.

As sad as I am it won't, it feel weird for me. Those two have too much history behind them, beside of that, I feel there's still the Kiley case to close...