Dangerously Chloe 28-05-18 Done With All That

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

dmra

Re: Dangerously Chloe 28-05-18 Done With All That

Post by dmra »

The bottom line is that the authors could have come up with a better story than the ridiculous one they did but they chose not to. Since they couldn't be bothered to explain anything about the reaction to Teddi's seeming 48 hour transition there probably isn't a lot of point the readers bothering trying to do the job for them.

Like the near complete absence of any kind of responsible or intelligent authority figure it's best to just accept it as a fact of life and not worry too much about it.

A bit like nobody in the story has really given any thought to the practical effects of Abby overnight becoming a foot taller - several feet larger in one of her proportions and seemingly several years older than her true age.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Fluffy wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 3:07 pm
No, there were better explanations; namely - the transfer student/DeCarlo relative options that Gotoh suggested.
Except that's not an explanation for the change, which is what this conversation is about. Don't change the goal post.

And if he changed his identity, there would be no point to going back to school, since he wouldn't have the same grades. Making the whole thing pointless. At that point Teddy should just be a stripper full time, because "Teddy" himself wouldn't be able to graduate, whatever persona he came up with would.

And then there's a matter of Teddy being absent. Do remember that at that point Chloe couldn't fill in as Teddy and Pandora won't do it(Nor would Teddy trust her).

Plus you know, Chloe might kill one of the boys.

So that suggestion is just awful and pointless. Teddy has no reason to return to school if it's not as himself.
dmra wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 3:22 pm

A bit like nobody in the story has really given any thought to the practical effects of Abby overnight becoming a foot taller - several feet larger in one of her proportions and seemingly several years older than her true age.
Teddy seem worried about it.

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

brasca wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 1:01 pm
Hyper Magi wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 5:26 am
Did the Lacy's mom incident really upset that many people? Or was it just one or two very very loud people? I'll admit I purged it from my memory because I found the whole "controversy" to be nonsense in the first place.
It was enough to compel the editing of the dialogue balloon to give the impression that Lacy's moms didn't want her dating boys because of fear she might get pregnant. And there were some posters who have never returned since that plot.
Don't tell me that's why Artemisia doesn't come around here anymore(Or was she part of the EC/MC crowd)?
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I really hope that isn't why! 0_0

dmra

Post by dmra »

Cortez wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 3:31 pm

dmra wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 3:22 pm

Teddy seem worried about it.
Teddi was worried because Abby had been turned into a succubus full stop. We've never seem him talking about practical things like Abby going to school after her change or what might happen if Lance decides to come home. Which might be implicit in his worry but school still seems to be open and there's not been a single sentence said about what to do for a cover story for Abby.

Which given how worried Teddi was about her academic future before (it was one reason he used to justify the stripping) seems a bit odd.

And if anybody was really concerned about Abby is it likely that they'd let her out of the house on her own?

Tako

Post by Tako »

Honestly, I can't see why the thing with Lacy's moms was such a big deal... most people in Pixie Trix's comics are horrible assholes who do horrible stuff to each other... they coerce each other into unwanted sexual acts, enslave each other, kill each other... etc.

Man-hating lesbians are like, vanilla in this world...

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

dmra wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 4:41 pm
And if anybody was really concerned about Abby is it likely that they'd let her out of the house on her own?
I'm thinking it's because she snuck out while Teddy wasn't looking and Pandora was too distracted by Chloe's absence/sexy times to bring it up.
Tako wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 4:50 pm
Honestly, I can't see why the thing with Lacy's moms was such a big deal... most people in Pixie Trix's comics are horrible assholes who do horrible stuff to each other... they coerce each other into unwanted sexual acts, enslave each other, kill each other... etc.

Pay in mind that the lesbians raising their daughters to hate men came about long before Teddy turned into a girl and made his peers into his personal harem (which he still, somehow, fails to notice he's responsible for).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Not really sure that walking out of the front door constitutes sneaking out but even so Teddi has managed to find the time to notice and have sex with two gardeners and Pandora but not the time to notice that Abby hasn't been around. Even though he's been talking about her with Pandora.

You'd think that he'd know what Abby is like by now and if he was really concerned about her well-being would be keeping a slightly closer eye on her than that.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

But Teddi has been shown again and again to be less intelligent and less alert than Teddy, hasn't she?

dmra

Post by dmra »

I try to resist that conclusion because it reminds me too much of the dumb blonde cliche. It's certainly not a good look intelligent male turns female and gets stupid.

None of the other succubi seem to be anything like as gormless as Teddi and Slash-stab is pretty sharp so reduced intelligence doesn't seem to be a general feature of succubi. So there doesn't on the fact of it seem to be anything about the transformation that should have made him a less good thinker.

Or possibly it's down to the influence of Alchemy's ectoplasm. She doesn't seem to be the brightest spark but she doesn't seem to be that stupid either.

Could just be another case where there are no proper reasons except comedy plot.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Comedy is the most likely reason, but it might be down to Teddi's whole body chemistry being different from what Teddy grew up with. A human brain is trying to deal with being flooded with succubus and reaper hormones as well as a new oestrogen/testosterone ratio. Bits may have died off.

Tako

Post by Tako »

Fluffy wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 5:24 pm
Tako wrote:

Pay in mind that the lesbians raising their daughters to hate men came about long before Teddy turned into a girl and made his peers into his personal harem (which he still, somehow, fails to notice he's responsible for).
Gary is constantly coerced into sexual acts he doesn't want.

Ace was basically raped by his "friends" in the were-girl mini-arc.

Heather enslaved her parents and forced them to make a baby for her amusement.

...etc.

It just find it surprising that the Anti-Men Lesbi-Moms was the one issue that made the Pixie Trix team panic and backpedal... Their comics are like, entirely made of triggers and political incorrectness...

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

And that's what great about them. :YMPEACE:

Well, no, actually, to be scrupulously exact, I should say: that's one of the many great things about these comics. Just one. A very great one. Not the only one. Image

I used to be annoyed by the self-righteous crowd in the forum and their endless condemnation of the work of Dave and Giz as an affront to political correctness... but not now, not anymore. These days, I find that the whines and wails of haters are but a sprinkling of piquant over the scrumptious dish that these comics are. :ymdevil:
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Tako wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:46 pm
Fluffy wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 5:24 pm
Tako wrote:

Gary is constantly coerced into sexual acts he doesn't want.

Ace was basically raped by his "friends" in the were-girl mini-arc.

Heather enslaved her parents and forced them to make a baby for her amusement.

...etc.

It just find it surprising that the Anti-Men Lesbi-Moms was the one issue that made the Pixie Trix team panic and backpedal... Their comics are like, entirely made of triggers and political incorrectness...
Each one of those examples you gave got some real backlash for how they played out; however - each one has an excuse to overlook it (not to mention the latter two are supernaturally influenced; thus far less likely to apply to real world situations).

Gary being talked into situations: No one is holding a gun to his head, he could always say no - he just doesn't; and never really shows any regret after the fact.

Ace being 'raped' by his friends: Many (including myself) agree with you on that regards; however, the writer seems to be adamant that Acina is a completely different person, despite the fact she's using Ace's body to get her groove on without his knowledge/blessing.

Heather enslaving her parents and making them have another baby: Much like succubi, Vampires can be real jerks (to put it mildly). Was she in the right to do it? Absolutely not - but, was there anyone that could've stopped her? (I only caught the very end on VC; so I wouldn't know).

When it comes to the 'men hating lesbian moms raising their daughters to become lesbians based around their own biases', however - is a very real BS concern in the real world; seeing as it's one of the main arguments anti-gay people will use against gay couples having/adopting children. So playing it off as a joke can come off as being incredibly insensitive. Not to mention, maybe whoever is behind the ads may have had an issue with the negative connotations behind the gag and demanded that it be changed.

But then, I'm just guessing here. Maybe ask the writer why he opted to change it - get the real scoop, you know?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

The whole Heather incident was something else. At first there really wasn't much complaining about her parents being enslaved because it was implied that they were abusive so "Eh, they(or at least the mother) deserved it". Additionally the whole "Make me a sister!" was played off as a gag. Then we found out that Heather's mother was, at worst, a bit strict, and that yeah controlling her into getting pregnant and seeing it was quite the fire starter. Heather additionally started falling out of favor with the audience due to her mistreatment of Leonard.

But no, she easily tossed her father aside when he tried to do something so no one was stopping her.
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!