Dangerously Chloe 28-05-18 Done With All That

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 28-05-18 Done With All That

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! At the local ice cream shop, the always helpful Prudence consoles a depressed Naomi until they run into Abby (or rather she runs into them!)

Insectoid

Re: Dangerously Chloe 28-05-18 Done With All That

Post by Insectoid »

This is the first page that's made me laugh in weeks. :))
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

Poor Naomi :( That dealy with the adultery hit her far harder than I thought. :( But at least she's happier now. :) :)

DarkAsh

Post by DarkAsh »

Yeah, Prudence and Naomi are back. Now this should be good. Hard to believe we haven’t seen them in over a year.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

Ye gods Abby's stupid. "Okay, there are people who want to kill demons. I better announce that I'm a demon to an angel. Surely that's not a horrible decision." I want Abby dead.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

Aww... this page makes me feel so waffy...

Prudy loves Naomi *SO* much, she's totally happy that Naomi snatched her halo again. Yes, even though Naomi's not asposta do it... but, hey, whatever: Prudy doesn't really care about the rules as long as she can make Naomi cheerful again. Such sweet friendship. So many feels. :x

Btw, did you notice the two cups of ice cream in the first panel? It's reasonable to assume that the waitress brought them at the same time... but Prudy's ice cream stands tall, perky and proud, while Naomi's ice cream has melted to a blob of depressed goo. I love these moments where the world around the characters seems to twist itself to reflect the mood of the scene. :) Remember how, at Prudy's trial, when the heavenly judges were about to announce their decision, there was a sudden pause and this happened?
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Passing Through wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 2:25 am
Poor Naomi :( That dealy with the adultery hit her far harder than I thought. :( But at least she's happier now. :) :)
She'll probably fail though. Like somehow Abby will probably go back to normal.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Naomi and Prudence - long time, no see. Naomi in the second panel is a fairly accurate representation of my attitude towards this strip; alas, even with the return of some absentee overall decent characters, I cannot find the enthusiasm that Naomi rediscovers in the final panel.
Naomi seemed like an interesting character to explore a storyline about the "amateur heaven-aligned" humans investigating the hell ones, but that plot thread was ditched in favour of some cheap smut and cheaper gags about her adoptive sister trolling her.

It seems like an overdone comment, yet Abby is dumber than belief; even though Prudence isn't the most zealous angel, it is still stupid to reveal her demonic nature to her, not to mention the human Abby crashed into - it has been explained quite clearly that it is a bad idea to reveal supernatural status to humans because of some nebulous rules, but rules nonetheless. Oy.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Rosa wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:29 am
Aww... this page makes me feel so waffy...

Prudy loves Naomi *SO* much, she's totally happy that Naomi snatched her halo again.
or her ice cream spilled on the ground. Normally she'd be crying over that.

I'm glad to see these 2 back and although I was originally joking about Naomi secretly wanting Gabrielle I might actually be right. Naomi complains that "it's not like anyone believed her," but she never told anyone her alien conspiracy theory. Even Prudence doesn't know she thinks she's an alien abductee. However, since she caught Teddi in bed with Gabrielle she's been in hiding for fear that all her misdeeds will not be taken kindly by angels. You would think Naomi would be happy that her evil foster sister is gone, but she's not. Well the only way to find out is to make and preferably soon ;)

Balancer

Post by Balancer »

On one hand I'm grateful to see Prudance and Namoi back, on the other hand I'm a bit weary given the direction this comic has been going if we might see Namoi getting the 'manlest' cocktail jab, for reasons.

Castamir

Post by Castamir »

Prud might be unable to think like a real angel, but that makes her the very best person in the whole *Cverse for Abby to blabb to.
I hate dancing, but for your grave I can make an exception.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Rosa wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:29 am
Btw, did you notice the two cups of ice cream in the first panel? It's reasonable to assume that the waitress brought them at the same time... but Prudy's ice cream stands tall, perky and proud, while Naomi's ice cream has melted to a blob of depressed goo. I love these moments where the world around the characters seems to twist itself to reflect the mood of the scene. :)
Me too! Although... Another possibility is that Prudy is on her second, or third, or fourth. That’d be in-character for her. :)
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

dmra

Post by dmra »

She certainly does seem to have a hearty appetite.

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... ten_a_bite

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 4:17 am
It seems like an overdone comment, yet Abby is dumber than belief; even though Prudence isn't the most zealous angel, it is still stupid to reveal her demonic nature to her
But Prudy is Abby's friend - Prudy wouldn't hurt/tell on her (deliberately, anyway). 8-|

Here's hoping Prudy accidentally blabs to Charity - and soon (of course, seeing as Charity is infatuated with Teddy, best expect even more sexual misadventures).
not to mention the human Abby crashed into - it has been explained quite clearly that it is a bad idea to reveal supernatural status to humans because of some nebulous rules, but rules nonetheless. Oy.
Naomi already believes that something is up at the Decarlo residence - though she firmly believes its something to do with aliens, and not angel/demons (even a trip to Hell didn't clue her in).

As for Abby's confession - pretty sure the joke is that her massive chest somehow blocked Naomi's ears (even though they're clearly visible); so she didn't hear any of it.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Hooray, Naomi and Prudence! ^_^ I've been looking forward to their return. Now I just hope they'll be able to positively influence the plot.