Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Rosa
BANNED

Re: 22-05-18 I like strong men

Post by Rosa »

Error of Logic wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 6:59 pm
You'd never see Layla and Nina wrestling in a tub of whatever the fake blood was.
What a remarkably brilliant argument.

Let the grown-ups do the talking, kid. Go mow some lawns. Make a buck. You'll feel better.
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Fluffy wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:22 pm
To the point that she's pretending she has a girlfriend to make Cammie jealous - with no regards to how she's toying with three peoples emotions (Cammie, Aaina, and soon enough, Pierre - if Eloise successfully exposes Sandra's little night out with her 'lesbian lover').
Sandra gets exposed, they all are at first upset with her, but Cammi being Cammi talks to Sandra about it, maybe even two or three of them, and they come to realize, that Sandra is in love with Cammi and she just didn't know how to say it out right.

Realizing she may not be gay/bi but still totally into Cammi, can mess with Sandra's mind.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Rosa wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 1:53 am
Error of Logic wrote:
You'd never see Layla and Nina wrestling in a tub of whatever the fake blood was.

Let the grown-ups do the talking, kid. Go mow some lawns. Make a buck. You'll feel better.
You might try to counter with arguments sometime, rather than childish insults, this unwavering certainty that you alone perfectly understand the mind of the comic's creators, and a rigid unwillingness to accept the possibility that your headcanon and the story as written are not 100% the same. Just for a change of pace.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

Rosa wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 1:53 am
Error of Logic wrote:
ROTFLMAO
:)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
brilliant indeed!

hey you know how Arthur Dent & Ford Prefect found Elvis playing at a bar on a distant planet? well that couldn't have been Elvis... coz Elvis didn't do interstellar travel, never in his life... and that settles it... read his bio, it's totally clear!

oh and didja hear that rumor that Mr. Bruce Wayne is secretly the Batman? well of course it's false! Bruce Wayne is a classy gentleman, you'd never see him running over the rooftops of the city, having fistfights with thugs & gangsters and getting his Armani suit dirty!! That proves conclusively he's not Batman...

I'm starting to think you're right, Rosa, this dude is really just a kid...... :))

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

It doesn't surprise me in the least that you adhere to each other's opinion and support each other's agendas.
Mind you, I'm not entirely convinced you're not one individual flailing about with three handles.

DarkAsh

Post by DarkAsh »

What would the third handle be?

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:36 pm
I'm starting to think you're right, Rosa, this dude is really just a kid..... :))
It took me some time to realize. Looking back, it was pretty evident.
- His favorite book is Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. Oh, it was mine, too... when I was 12 years old.
- He thinks Chandler's little pulp detective novels are high literature.
- He has the attention span of a gnat. Every time someone writes something in a thread, then a week or two pass, then, in a new thread, I recall that so-and-so said such-and-such the other day, I get a reply from him saying he doesn't remember and demanding links. I've lost count of how many times this has happened. I'm like, boy, it was like ten days ago, you read it, you commented on it, and now you have forgotten? What's wrong with your memory?
- He has no knowledge of anything. Adults naturally know many things, because of studies, work, etc. If you talk about psychology or sexology, you do so because it's your area of expertise. If I talk about literature or history of literature, I know what I'm talking about because it's my job. He knows nothing at all - except what he finds in internet searches, google or wiki. He often tries to butt in on arguments he doesn't understand at all, quoting dumb crap he found on the net.
- He hasn't pledged a penny in his life. This is a clincher.
He was talking once about the importance of supporting Giz, and I suggested that we both could give money for a new project. He backpedaled in a panic and admitted he didn't know how Kickstarter or Patreon work as he had never given a dime to support anything. I was: :-o Everyone here has pledged a few bucks to an author or a project from time to time, so what was the deal with this guy? He's a kid or what? To which the answer was clearly: yes. This was the evidence that settled it for me.

Honestly, I feel a little embarrassed it took me so long to realize. I took him seriously, had serious discussions with him, went out of my way to explain things to him...... and then he replied with bits of vapid baloney copy/pasted from the net. I really should have realized sooner that I was wasting my time with some boy pretending to be a grown-up. Better late than never, as they say. *shrugs* I'll put him in my ignore list from now on.

(by @worldshaking00)

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Well, Rosa apparently won't see what I'm going to type, but I'll respond anyway for closure's sake.

1) If you don't think the works of JRR Tolkien are for adults, that's on you. Given that he is still one of the world's most celebrated authors, I'd hazard a guess you may be in the minority.
On a sidenote, I find it interesting Rosa brought up my appreciation of Tolkien, since the one time I mentioned my appreciation of his work was after she accused him of having "well-documented Nazi sympathies" and I referred to his Wikipedia article, which claims entirely the opposite. There are other sources around the net, but I digress.
2) I mentioned the works of Raymond Chandler once, after someone else quoted from his oeuvre. I did not say I think of them as high literature. Frankly, I don't think much of them at all; he was before my time.
3) Yes, I do require links, because Rosa has a tendency to selectively or erroneously quote people to serve her own arguments. Most of the time she ignores requests to link to her supposed source material, and just continues to utter her own claims.
4) Saying that I know nothing is patently absurd. I do quote from online sources, because that is the only way I can corroborate my own claims while having online discussions. I can hardly invite you all over to look at the books in my personal collection. And I corroborate because I do not care to make entirely baseless claims. I try to do a bit of research, when I can.
5) Claiming that having money free to pledge is a standard for adulthood is silly. Moreover, you are doing again what I mentioned in point 3. This is the whole "discussion" on the subject of patreon I had with Rosa. And no, I have not been having in-depth discussions with Rosa via pm, Skype, or any other medium. At the risk of being rude, I find it wearisome enough to talk to her in the forums, and she and I are not friends. Why would I have private discussions with her?
By the way, I'll congratulate Rosa on remembering past discussions we've had. I'll admit my memory is not always 100%. That's why the search option is such a boon to me; it allowed me to go back, look at those discussions she mentioned... and see that Rosa's memory is apparently also not flawless.
But let's be fair and go in on the subject of not pledging money to kickstarter or patreon. It's true, I have no experience with either, but for the record: if I have money going spare, I prefer to give it to charities, and I don't constantly have spare cash lying around. Logically speaking, is that more likely to be a sign that I am a kid living with his parents, or that I am an adult who has to pay for rent, insurance and other such trifling necessities?

Well, Rosa won't be reading these words, so you may think them so much wasted netspace. Me, I don't like letting people who try to silence me with petty insults have the last word.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

Rosa wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 8:07 pm
Honestly, I feel a little embarrassed it took me so long to realize. I took him seriously, had serious discussions with him, went out of my way to explain things to him...... and then he replied with bits of vapid baloney copy/pasted from the net. I really should have realized sooner that I was wasting my time with some boy pretending to be a grown-up.
loooooool :))
I guess you didn't read his reply, hm? kid claims that he never pledged a cent to Giz 'cause he gives all his savings to CHARITIES!!! =))
it's the best answer ever, lolol... here we are in Ma3 forum, where Giz is always inviting us to pledge money to her Kickstarters, and the kid's like telling her: "No, Ms. Lagacé, I'm not supporting you with even one cent, I won't waste money in some broad who draw comics, I pledge all my money to LOFTY and IMPORTANT things like charities!"
he should email her a gif animation of a loogie since he's at it...

oh, he also expresses astonishment because you are able to remember your previous conversations in the forum... as if it was difficult... I guess he himself can't even remember what he said yesterday? #-o that's iphone generation for you, zero attention span, zero memory, thinks wiki can replace actual knowledge... and he tried to pass himself as a grown-up man, yah, riiiiiight... here's number 42 from the old FW roster:

... and the funniest part is, description is down pat right: the kid done tripped up, blundered & was found out in the end. :)) =))

Last edited by Fairy Glade's Fairy on Wed May 30, 2018 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Yes, she did trip up and she was found out.
Fun, isn't it?

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Rosa wrote:
Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:36 pm
I'm starting to think you're right, Rosa, this dude is really just a kid..... :))
- His favorite book is Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. Oh, it was mine, too... when I was 12 years old
I don't know Error's age, but i'm 35 and i'm still a fan of Tolkien's work, my favorite book from him is The Silmarillion. So even if now i read books like Richard Dawkin's "The God Delusion" or Thomas Frank's "Listen, Liberal", doesn't mean that i find Tolkien's work only for kids.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Ah, the Silmarillion! That one gives a lot of colour and depth to the world of the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings -- in my opinion, anyway. ^_^

dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Agreed. It's dry reading -- more like a history textbook than a novel at times -- but it really is a great work of world-building. On that note, have you had the chance to read The Children of Húrin? I keep meaning to check it out, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I'm afraid not! I did get my hands on a collection of Tolkien's pre-Silmarillion poems and stories a while ago. There's some amusing stuff in there.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

rogermart wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 6:53 pm
Rosa wrote:
- His favorite book is Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. Oh, it was mine, too... when I was 12 years old
I don't know Error's age, but i'm 35 and i'm still a fan of Tolkien's work, my favorite book from him is The Silmarillion. So even if now i read books like Richard Dawkin's "The God Delusion" or Thomas Frank's "Listen, Liberal", doesn't mean that i find Tolkien's work only for kids.
In my case, it was the political content of his works that repelled me. As a kid of twelve, I didn't really understand the allegories and the messages. Later, I did.

And there was also the fact that, by then, I had started reading other authors and discovered non-Manichean fantasy writing. That had some impact, too.

(by @worldshaking00)