Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

26-05-18 All friends here

Post by Giz »

Cortez

Re: 26-05-18 All friends here

Post by Cortez »

Well DiDi doesn't mind Maura being there.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Meeting of mental giants here. :))

I suppose a "classic" DiDi trait is that she gains sexual partners so easily that she usually doesn't register anyone as "competition," at least not in the sense that Maura seems to have assumed; although Maura's sudden antagonism is more likely related to her sense of pride and zealous nature, rather than romantic jealousy.
It is also one of DiDi's traits to be blunt, and while I didn't expect her to bury the lede, it is obnoxious that the first thing she says to Lynn isn't a greeting or asking if it is a convenient time, but rather immediately blurting out how thrilled she is that her lust is *allowed* outside help.

I'm still hoping for a Tess interjection - Maura being stupidly competitive and DiDi being stupid, Tess could be inclined to butt in as her (possible) plan had become ruined (not that there is sufficient evidence of there being a scheme, however, Maura's uninvited and unexplained visit suggests such a possibility).
Lynn seems taken aback by the separate *conquests* crossing paths; it has been shown that she can manipulate an individual to satisfy her desires, but not two at once, particularly since neither would work to be compatible because of Maura's ditziness and competitive nature, and DiDi's utter cluelessness.

Gorgeous art as ever (even if DiDi seems a bit more towards FiFi than herself. Heh); I especially enjoy the body language emphasising the awkward situation, as well as Maura's little attempt to puff up her chest in both literal and adversarial senses.

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Maura's competitive streak might work out better than Lynn could possibly have imagined for the evening. Even if it is kinda face palm worthy.
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Now that I think more about Lynn's line of "I believe we're all... friends here," isn't just displaying her uncertainty of the meeting, but it also is a rather routine line used to ease a tense situation akin to an adulterer being caught out, yet trying to placate the wronged without acknowledging or accepting blame. This supports the notion that Lynn is unscrupulous at the very least, since her words seem to indicate she knows what she has been doing, in regards to frequent and changing courtship, isn't exactly thoughtful.
Perhaps looking too much into it and Lynn is merely trying to keep peace, since she had planned a peaceful evening before being interrupted; still, the fact that she went straight into "seducing mode" without second thought when the opportunity arrived, then had the reaction similar to someone caught whilst doing something wrong, supports the more carelessly lustful explanation.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

You're making a lot of assumptions there. She seems more unsure what the situation is.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, Maura's reaction was kind of predictable in retrospect. Love the bust upthrust in panel 4. And of course, the one bit of good news for Lynn is that if Maura was very unsure about her own potential for lesbianism before, she'll bury that now to prove a point.

And it has been interesting how the writers have simply allowed DiDi's utter social cluelessness to slide from "cutely ditzy" in early volumes (well, if the reader was making allowances for comedy) to just plain arrogant, tactless, and vacuous. And at the same time, the depiction of her bust has gone from "grossly implausible plastic" to "oh god woman just get reduction surgery that can't be comfortable"...

(Hmm. Is Maura's bust drawn smaller than usual here, to emphasise the difference?)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Maura's bust seems about the same here. Sometimes she was drawn to accentuate her cleavage, especially when she was poorly masquerading as Didi. Maybe she's wearing a bra like a sports bra rather than something more 'bust accentuating'.

Maura, oh Maura. I love her bust thrust. She's in a competition she has no idea how to win versus competition she is barely qualified to go up against. I'm not saying that Maura isn't pretty, but she is absolutely the underdog in just about every measurable metric here. Lynn wants Didi badly, probably more so than Maura right now. That also won't help Maura compete for Lynn's affection. I'm pretty sure Maura knows what can get herself off, but can she be good enough to out-lesbian neophyte love goddess Didi?

Didi is being rather blunt. Nothing much new about that, other than it shows how selfish she is. Unless she was intending to surprise Lynn with the 'open relationship' news, politeness should have had her call ahead. But no. She wasn't thinking about anything other than getting her rocks off.

Lynn is at an impasse here. I'm not sure how she will handle this situation. If she was smart, she'd stop Maura before things got any more uglier. But I suspect she will be piqued that two women are here fighting over her - possibly literally. She seems to ne one who would enjoy that.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Rrround one! *DING DING DING!* :D

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Give it up, Maura! You're no match! :))

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Well... maybe in the ring?

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

"Business is about to pick up here, King!"
"That's right, J.R.! And the food hasn't even got there yet!"

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

What are you quoting?

brasca

Post by brasca »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 12:04 pm
Maura's bust seems about the same here. Sometimes she was drawn to accentuate her cleavage, especially when she was poorly masquerading as Didi. Maybe she's wearing a bra like a sports bra rather than something more 'bust accentuating'.

Maura, oh Maura. I love her bust thrust. She's in a competition she has no idea how to win versus competition she is barely qualified to go up against. I'm not saying that Maura isn't pretty, but she is absolutely the underdog in just about every measurable metric here. Lynn wants Didi badly, probably more so than Maura right now. That also won't help Maura compete for Lynn's affection. I'm pretty sure Maura knows what can get herself off, but can she be good enough to out-lesbian neophyte love goddess Didi?
I wouldn't be so sure. Yes Maura doesn't know what she's doing, but she knows enough about what would get her off and is very competitive. DiDi is here for orgasms and will only do the minimum amount of effort. Have we ever seen any of her previous sexual partners look overjoyed later? Sure they're satisfied they got to have sex with someone so unattainable, but was it really any good? They've never really had time to think that through because she dumps them and seeks out someone who can.

Lynn may be the one with a tough decision to make because Maura could be better than she expected and DiDi not so much.

Bat-dork

Post by Bat-dork »

Oooo! I like where this is going!

With a little luck, they get to brawl, Lynn's business-minded side kicks in, she gets her cell phone out and films the fight for Maura's Vlog, it goes viral, and voilá. Instant publicity for both DiDi and Maura.

You don't think so? Could be. Maura could always suggest something along the lines of a sex contest and... NAAAH!! That won't happen. No way they're going to do that twice, right? Right? RIGHT?!?!