Dangerously Chloe 24-05-18 Manliest Cocktail in the Universe

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

lordoffiling

Re: Dangerously Chloe 24-05-18 Manliest Cocktail in the Universe

Post by lordoffiling »

Gotta agree with Pandora’s paranoia right now. The angels of this universe don’t need much of an excuse to rip out their swords as it is.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

Well they have to deal with succubi that have no goal other than to ruin marriages, relationships, and kill people by stealing their souls through sex. I'd be stressed out too if I was an angel.

brasca

Post by brasca »

lordoffiling wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 2:28 am
Gotta agree with Pandora’s paranoia right now. The angels of this universe don’t need much of an excuse to rip out their swords as it is.
True, but they don't seem all that effective. We have yet to see the angelic equivalent of Slash n' Stab.

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

Well thinking about it, even if you ignored the succubi and other supernaturals... there's enough crazy crap going on in the world right now that it's somewhat understandable if an angel watching over the world would be running low on patience.

...Well then again, there isn't much point in applying real life to fiction. Those poor catgirls suffered enough already.
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

I honestly never blamed Teddi for getting pissed at Chloe. I would be furious with her. But, i wouldn't just kick her out. I would demand an explanation, that way i could figure out if there's a way to reverse it. Then when i found out the truth, Abbey's dumb little ass would be grounded until she was back to normal.

joe england

Post by joe england »

Personally, I'm hoping that Teddy stays "Teddi." But I might be in the minority.

Pier777

Post by Pier777 »

Total shift of topic, but I find that the art on Pandora seems consistently clean and... well done, at least comparatively. At least more consistent relative most of the other characters. I don't know why, I could be totally wrong and insane.

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

Dragon Paladin wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 10:05 pm
I honestly never blamed Teddi for getting pissed at Chloe. I would be furious with her. But, i wouldn't just kick her out. I would demand an explanation, that way i could figure out if there's a way to reverse it. Then when i found out the truth, Abbey's dumb little ass would be grounded until she was back to normal.
Oh, so it's all the little girl's fault that she was dragged down to hell was it? She's, what, twelve? Children need looking after, the person looking after her lead her to Cut-Thrust. I mean, seriously, have I stumbled into a babysitters from hell convention? And how many honest explanations for unmitigated disasters would that have been at this point? Teddi's response was perfectly justified and Chloe's exile utterly deserved.
joe england wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 5:15 am
Personally, I'm hoping that Teddy stays "Teddi." But I might be in the minority.
I too, hope she remains female.

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

Passing Through wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 2:20 am
Dragon Paladin wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 10:05 pm
Oh, so it's all the little girl's fault that she was dragged down to hell was it? She's, what, twelve? Children need looking after, the person looking after her lead her to Cut-Thrust. I mean, seriously, have I stumbled into a babysitters from hell convention? And how many honest explanations for unmitigated disasters would that have been at this point? Teddi's response was perfectly justified and Chloe's exile utterly deserved.
joe england wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 5:15 am
I too, hope she remains female.
No, but it was her fault that she injected herself with succubus/reaper blood. And it was her fault for signing a contract that a DEMON named SLASH-STAB gave her. And i didn't say it was entirely her fault. Chloe is partialy to blame for bringing her to Slash-Stab to begin with. That was an incredibly stupid move. And i agree that 12-year-olds need guidance. And Abbey has none because Teddi is a piss-poor guardian. Even right now, he let his 12-year-old sister with a sex demon's body who sneezes aphrodaisiac hearts go out on her own. I'm not saying Teddi wasn't within his rights to lash out at chloe, but he should have gotten the whole story, if for no other reason than to better know how to move forward.

dmra

Post by dmra »

And don't forget that Chloe only took Abby to Hell because she was happily about to go off with some monster hunters who'd been about to murder Chloe a few minutes previously. Or that Chloe told Abby not to sign the contract but Abby decided to anyway.

And Teddi's doing such a great job of looking after his sister that she's now on her own being pursued around town by a mob of love crazed zombies.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

dmra wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 4:51 am
And don't forget that Chloe only took Abby to Hell because she was happily about to go off with some monster hunters who'd been about to murder Chloe a few minutes previously.
If they were going to kill Chloe, they'd have already done it since they had her dead to rights. Instead, they listened to what Abby had to say and decided to let her and Chloe off the hook.

Having Abby end up at AA might've been better for her in the longrun, since the faculty might've been able to help her. But we'll probably never know, since Chloe acted on impulse instead.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Don't forget that Chloe doesn't know characters like Gabrielle and Tandy like we readers do. Chloe had seen them threatening Abby by holding sharp things at her throat and then heard the conversation in panel 3.
http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... steel-wool

I don't know about you but cutting somebody's head off sounds a lot like murder to me. They may have changed their minds but the threat was real.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Gotoh wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 5:34 am
dmra wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 4:51 am
And don't forget that Chloe only took Abby to Hell because she was happily about to go off with some monster hunters who'd been about to murder Chloe a few minutes previously.
If they were going to kill Chloe, they'd have already done it since they had her dead to rights. Instead, they listened to what Abby had to say and decided to let her and Chloe off the hook.

Having Abby end up at AA might've been better for her in the longrun, since the faculty might've been able to help her. But we'll probably never know, since Chloe acted on impulse instead.
Again, even if they spared her life, Chloe has absolutely no reason to put any trust in them; especially when they openly discussed taking Abby away to a place where she would be surrounded by demon hunters who may not buy into Abby's story as easily as Gabrielle and Tandy had. As stupid as Chloe was to drag Abby to Hell, entrusting Abby's safety to two complete strangers - demon hunters, at that! - would have been epically moronic thing for her to do.

And how do you think Teddy would have reacted if Chloe came home and told him two demon hunters took a succubus imbued Abby away to an undisclosed location? I'm sure that would have sat just fine with him.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Fluffy: Which is why Chloe shouldn't have let Abby leave the house to begin with, since she knows cryptids have to keep a low profile.

Teddy likely would've been upset to find out complete strangers took his kid sister away, but I doubt AA's number and address are private. A quick look in the phone directory (or Google Maps) would've shown him right where to find her.
dmra wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:20 am
Chloe had seen them threatening Abby by holding sharp things at her throat and then heard the conversation in panel 3.
http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... steel-wool
Notice what Tandy said in the same panel you're referring to: "I thought we were only going to scare the kid outta town." But they changed their minds from trying to scare Abby off, to offering to find her help.

While it's true that Chloe didn't not know the AA students well enough to trust them, she still had better options and safer places she could have taken Abby to. Instead, she somehow convinced herself that taking a 12 year old to Hell (of all places) was a good idea.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

@Gotoh - Artemis Academy is a school meant to train its students to hunt demons/monsters - something that the general population has no idea even exist. If the monster school is unknown to the general public, I can't see why it wouldn't be the same for AA.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.