Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

24-05-18 Walked right into that one

Post by Giz »

Hogan

Re: 24-05-18 Walked right into that one

Post by Hogan »

... I can't decide whether Maura is just that easily swayed or if Lynn is just that good...

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

It's probably DiDi, which is surprising since i figured she would interrupt them during the deed.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

I know Maura is ditzy bordering on stupid, but I find it hard to believe she would fall for such schlocky "romantic" spiel; thus, I'm still inclined to think that Tess and her planned this meeting, and their scheme did involve some... well, to be crude, whoring on Maura's part, as to gain some favour from an influential person such as Lynn.

Perhaps I overestimated Lynn's intuition? I had thought she caught on to some Maura and Tess shenanigans again, but maybe she really is simply following her base lust; she is sleazy, but it appeared that she was also sensible before now. Well, lack of sex in this strip is comparable to lack of oxygen, so she could be losing her usual intellect because of her apparently uncontrollable urges.

The knocking at the door seems likely to be DiDi, although, she is so dumb, I could believe it is just room service and DiDi has gone to wrong room/floor/hotel; if it actually is DiDi, she could easily misconstrue the situation as her interrupting a romantic rendezvous (well, to be fair to her, it is pretty close to that because of Lynn's opportunistic nature). In either eventuality, DiDi would be propelled back home.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Tess is clearly not involved in this, that's a very big reach. Maura is not a very good liar, she has a terrible poker face.

And your saying you overestimated Lynn's intuition based on your theory, which more than likely not true.

And again, Lynn isn't "sleazy".
Last edited by Cortez on Thu May 24, 2018 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

JackApostrophe

Post by JackApostrophe »

So I guess now we get to see yet another person tossed aside for the sake of sex with Didi.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

*a chant in a popular song rhythm* Let the towels hit the floor let the towels hit the floor.
Actually I see Hurricane Didi swoop in, towels drop, Anna gets carried out of the portion of the room she is currently in, while oblivious to Maura, WHICH ignites her competiveness .... (grabs popcorn cause it looks like its gonna get good here).
As for falling for the Shlocky lines. If nobody fell for them this planet wouldn't have humans on it :P

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ah, there's a wrong guess, one guesses. Given DiDi's past behaviour, I'll guess that she's about to charge in, all but tearing her clothes and Lynn's towel off, and then face an irritated or confused Maura. The obvious and probably most likely subsequent sequence is still DiDi gets upset one way or another, DiDi goes home, DiDi discovers Gary and Zii in some state from clinical but deep snogging to full pants-off swirly passion, DiDi gets even more upset -- but Ma3 has been known to surprise us before now, so who knows? Maybe Giz will say "to hell with the advertising revenue" and gives us a fully detailed sapphic destructo-nookie threesome in this hotel room. Suggesting that DiDi now goes on the road and proceeds to shag every woman (of every orientation) on the female wrestling circuit to jelly at every opportunity would be one way of giving her some kind of closure at the end of the comic.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 9:04 am
I know Maura is ditzy bordering on stupid, but I find it hard to believe she would fall for such schlocky "romantic" spiel...
Why not? Ma3 dumb is very, very dumb, and Maura regularly displays Ma3 dumbness. And Lynn has clearly located all of her switches -- despite which, she's still showing a degree of uncertainty as of panel 4. Combine a tiny twinge of bi-curiosity with a large dose of celebrity infatuation (refused to wash Lynn's signature off, remember?), and I see nothing too implausible here.
Cortez wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 9:23 am
And again, Lynn isn't "sleazy".
Well, going full-bore seductress to get into the pants of someone who's already said that she doesn't swing your way might be considered a tiny bit sleazy. Not unspeakably horrible, to be sure, but just a little bit selfish and lust-driven.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

Someone actually knows how to knock without barging in???

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

For once, Ms. Chastel has impeccable timing.

This whole scene put me in mind of a snake hypnotizing a fluffy bunny.

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

DarkAsh

Post by DarkAsh »

I feel bad for Maura. She’s going to be dumped like yesterday’s fish. Either that or Lynn will suggest a ménage a 3.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Given that the plot function of this scene is likely to be sending DiDi running back to Zii, I’d say that Maura has a fighting chance of staying with Lynn.

Of course, she might leave in a huff when DiDi shows up, but when Lynn is very openly seducing her for purposes of casual sex, she can’t logically complain about being two-timed.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

While it might be room service, I expect it is Didi at the door. Hotel doors better have doors that lock. Didi did not call Lynn ahead of her arrival. Plus, a double helping of room service food makes for great ammunition should a fight ensue.

Maura is definitely wishy-washy and confused in her affection toward Lynn. Lynn is a capable seductress, especially given her acting career. She can read her audience. Her words are a little overplayed, but I think she knows what words to use and how to use them based on her quarry. Maura is insecure and simple, if also a bit of a simpleton. Corny and 'schlocky' mushy compliments and talk fit versus Maura. I wonder how that dialogue would have fared if Maura was replaced by Roxie. Just a thought experiment since "princess" was used and Roxie dressed up as one.

Lynn is a horn dog, or whatever the female/lesbian equivalent is. She is attracted to Maura... nothing wrong with that. But I can only really see two outcomes to Didi's arrival: Maura gets unceremoniously booted or they fight (somehow) for Lynn's attention. As much as I'd be into a "fully detailed sapphic destructo-nookie threesome" anti-advertiser montage, I don't see Maura as the sharing type... and Didi would be too confused/embarrassed. I'd also see Lynn not honoring her deal with the Tempests much longer, since Didi is almost fully hers now... hence my thoughts on Lynn dumping Maura like a hot potato. The Tempests - and the entire wrestling school - are of little concern to Lynn. As a lesbian lusting over Didi and a with her business acumen, she knows when to close a deal.

Maybe they'll resolve their anger/dispute in the ring. Maybe we'll get to see some "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Also, her butt better not be blubber. I got the uncensored poster adder of the Tempests for the latest Kickstarter. Not that I have anything against a BBW, but I wouldn't want that hanging on my wall. {We know she doesn't have a blubber-butt, and it is Maura's insecurity facing Lynn's tightness speaking for her. Just making a tongue-in-cheek joke. Don't beat me up. b-( }
Last edited by worldshaking00 on Thu May 24, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Quinlan1973 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 1:00 pm
Error of Logic wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:18 pm
For once, Ms. Chastel has impeccable timing.

This whole scene put me in mind of a snake hypnotizing a fluffy bunny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEgkBetZY-M
Yeee-yup! (I loved the scene where Baloo showed up and turned Kaa into raw material for a new line of shoes.)
Spidrift wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 1:24 pm
Given that the plot function of this scene is likely to be sending DiDi running back to Zii, I’d say that Maura has a fighting chance of staying with Lynn.

Of course, she might leave in a huff when DiDi shows up, but when Lynn is very openly seducing her for purposes of casual sex, she can’t logically complain about being two-timed.
Since when does logic have any say in what happens in the Ma3-verse? :p