Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

19-05-18 Double the order

Post by Giz »

Continuity

Re: 19-05-18 Double the order

Post by Continuity »

So- is Annie testing Maura's relationship with Tess, here? Or does she simply dislike Tess that much?

brasca

Post by brasca »

Figured they'd cut away from Gary and Zii at this point.

I'm not sure what game Lynn is playing, but she may regret keeping Laura there considering who's taking up her offer on an open relationship.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

It seems like Lynn would know Maura is the dumb one of the duo (though, both aren't the brightest to begin with, Tess has been shown more as the "brains"), so Lynn calling Tess "Dum Dum" feels like an odd joke to make to Maura, since the latter mightn't actually get it.

Maura's uncertainty for showing up at Lynn's hotel suggests either she is discovering a side to herself that she isn't sure of, or, what is more likely, she is there at the behest of Tess; perhaps Lynn had deduced the latter, which is why she is throwing out an insult, as to unbalance Maura? Or, due to the duo's schemes before, Lynn thinks Tess is listening in via phone call and is simply to trying to provoke her into showing up?

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Insulting Tess' BFF? Nice way to screw yourself out of surprise nookie - and to show your true colours.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 7:44 am
Figured they'd cut away from Gary and Zii at this point.
I thought that they'd stick with them for at least another strip or two, because that last line just looked so open-ended. But I guess it's more in the nature of a cliffhanger.

Which in turn makes me think it's slightly more likely that Gary and Zii will get into a pants-off status, somehow. But mostly, I reckon we're about to see a complicated scene between Lynn, Maura, and DiDi, followed by DiDi running back to Zii and discovering her in at least a deep kiss and possibly something really flagrante with Gary.

(Meanwhile, Lynn is left with realisation that she's sacrificed a sure thing with a sex goddess to get an outside chance with a merely beautiful woman, at best. Oh what tangled webs we weave...)
brasca wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 7:44 am
I'm not sure what game Lynn is playing, but she may regret keeping Laura there considering who's taking up her offer on an open relationship.
Well yes to the latter, of course. As to the game she's playing... Possibly Diplomacy. You know, the board game which destroys relationships. I suspect that she's actually trying to drive a wedge between Maura and Tess, in order to make it easier o manipulate them. I don't see Lynn as evil, as such, but she definitely has a manipulative streak, although she uses openness and honesty very cleverly for that purpose. The cold-blooded reptile symbolism may not be an accident.

She probably realises perfectly well that Maura is really the dumber one of that pairing; I imagine that her mental script at this point is Maura saying "Oh no, I'm the dumb one", so she can come back with "Well maybe she likes you to think that..." Though of course that sacrifices her "honest and truthful" shtick. She's also gambling on the Maura-Tess bond not being 100% solid, of course, but I'm sure she has a proper cynicism on such things.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

Yeah, what everyone is saying

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 7:54 am

Maura's uncertainty for showing up at Lynn's hotel suggests either she is discovering a side to herself that she isn't sure of, or, what is more likely, she is there at the behest of Tess; perhaps Lynn had deduced the latter, which is why she is throwing out an insult, as to unbalance Maura? Or, due to the duo's schemes before, Lynn thinks Tess is listening in via phone call and is simply to trying to provoke her into showing up?
I'm sincerely hoping for the latter - because Maura inexplicably becoming bi-curious when there was no indication she even thought that way about Lynn prior would be something coming out from left field.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I thought we'd get a little more of Zii & Gary, but I suppose the return to Lynn and group will allow for the dust to settle from Zii's "Ba-Koom!"... at least for us readers. This also helps reinforce the fact that these events are occurring roughly simultaneously, lending itself to plot continuance once these two plots have their resultant backlash.

I get the impression that Maura might be feeling bi-curious, and I use that 'might' with a lot of emphasis. I think it is her overactive competitive streak that has brought her to Lynn's door. Just prior to arriving at her door, Maura was pissed that Didi & Lynn were friendlier than how she perceived her relationship with Lynn. While she might not want to sleep with women... Lynn included... she has to know (subconsciously at least) she has an effect on Lynn. Why keep sending her revealing selfies unless it is to keep forcing Lynn to keep her eyes focused on her? So, if push came to shove, Maura might 'lez out' if it meant keeping herself #1 in Lynn's eyes (compared to Didi)... but that still feels like a big stretch compared to how strongly she has said she isn't in to women.

I could see many an interesting sexy development occur when Didi arrives. Can't wait for the next installment.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

Ummmmmm...... it seems everyone has forgotten, but...

Lynn's nicknames for Tess & Maura are Dum Dum and Sweet Tits (or just 'Sweet T'), and she even have 'em under those names in her cellphone... we have seen before Lynn talking to Maura on the phone, calling her Sweet T, and, when at some point she needed to say something to Tess, telling Maura to pass the phone to 'Dum Dum' (to which Tess reacts like "Grr, stop calling me that!" and is like really annoyed at both Lynn & Maura)

and so, you see, it's totally normal for these two to discuss 'Dum Dum' when they are alone...

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Not much happens in this strip, right?

I guess we're in the middle of a slow buildup to... well, something. :p

By the way, just in case some of you haven't noticed yet, there's a small piece of news I think I should mention: Eisu is back! His injury is healed, and he's drawing again! A new strip of Sandra on the Rocks has just been uploaded! :-bd :ymparty:

All those who had been following the adventures of Sandra should definitely drop by the SOTR forum to say un petit coucou. :YMPEACE:
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Vitocap, your avvie is painful to look at and I don't even have boobs. As for the slow buildup, lynn is still wearing just a towel and Didi is coming. What do you think is coming?
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Glad you like my avatar. As for your question, I think what is coming is a cascade of quiproquos between Lynn, Maura and (when she arrives) DiDi, resulting in a great many strips of conversation to sort out the confusion.

As I say, slow buildup.

Time will tell if I'm right or not. :YMPEACE:
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Error of Logic wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 9:41 am
Insulting Tess' BFF? Nice way to screw yourself out of surprise nookie - and to show your true colours.
Divide & conquer
Yet still, I live...

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

Annnd back to characters I really don't care about. I knew it was coming.