26-04-18 Oh it is you

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Collarnorcrown

Re: 26-04-18 Oh it is you

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Where we're going, we don't need rails. Full speed!
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

*deep sigh*

Looks like the comic is going to follow detestable Didi and the wrestling plot some more. Meh. Not interested.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Rosa wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:54 pm
I don't get it.

This isn't a surprise booty call. Maura has zero romantic (and sexual) interest in Lynn. This fact is set in stone. Like, Maura is the straightest girl in the comic.

And I can't believe she came to talk about wrestling and get pro tips from Lynn. Firstly, it would be awfully rude to arrive just like that, uninvited; secondly, it'd be a backstabby thing to do to Tess, and Maura wouldn't do that, not after what happened last time - the fight, the anger, the teary reconciliation...

But if it's not for sex or tips... why is she there, then? :-??
She and Tess were Lynn's only means of contacting DiDi until she accidentally met up with her at the wrestling school. Perhaps she's there to collect a finder's fee.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:06 pm
Rosa wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:54 pm
But if it's not for sex or tips... why is she there, then? :-??
I am just guessing here, but in this strip Maura sees Lynn & Didi being friendly. Friendlier than Maura thinks they should be considering the time Maura has invested into Lynn as her lackey/"Sweet T" eye candy/mentor. Lynn & Maura (indeed both of the Tempests) deal to get (juicy) information on Didi is supposed to be quid pro quo. Maura is hyper-competitive, and apparently is seeing Didi skip ahead of her in her friendliness with Lynn. Perhaps she is worried that Didi will get ahead of her/the Tempests in their wrestling career too, but that is supposition on my part. Considering how we've seen Maura act and how Tess (her BFF) has described her behavior, this seems like simple personal jealousy not too far from how she reacted to Peggy during the weirdness that was the movie date.

Like most of the characters in the strip, Maura is leaping to conclusions without all the evidence. She just has a competitive streak a mile wide. Of course she is actually correct if she is concerned that Didi is going to get more tutelage/favor from Lynn than her, in that Didi might just get to the WW3 before the Tempests do.

Maura has made it very apparent that she is not into women at all - or at least Lynn - by directly saying so and by not responding to Lynn's not-so-subtle advances. Sending Lynn the cleavage-laden selfies might be innocent of Maura, or maybe she is using her looks to try to keep Lynn interested in her end of their bargain. However with her zany outbursts she made at Gary & Peggy in the date above, I can easily see that if Didi mentions that she came over for sex with Lynn then Maura will yell out something even more... sex-related?... to garner more points with Lynn. I could even see some comedy mileage out of Maura just doing a quick about-face and hightailing it out of hotel once lesbian sex is on the table. Truth be told, I would rather see Maura be the straightest lady in the Ma3 universe than have her succumb to her own exaggerated competitive streak. Not that I wouldn't appreciate the fan service inherent with them goinking one another. Just sayin'.
Clearly, you have more ingenuity and imagination than I have. :) Well done! :ymapplause:

I can see it happening just like you surmise. If Didi arrives and takes all of Lynn's attention, Maura will be jealous. And become competitive purely for the sake of competition. Whatever happens from then on can't and won't end well for her... as she's the one character in this universe who I really can't picture going all the way lesbian-style. "I'll do anything for you!" "I'm gay." "Almost anything!" That's her.
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Hm... runnin' this through the Wrasslin Drama Filter...

Lynn, in nothin' but a towel, is caught talking to Maura by DiDi.
Both DiDi and Maura exchange a testy "What are you doing here?!", thinking that the other is trying to cut in on their action (Sex/Wrestling Tips, respectively).
Angry Rasslin' occurs.

Jerry Lawler Approved Ending:
Lynn loses her towel trying to break up the scuffle, and all three wind up in a sapphic fun pile in the hotel room. A hapless room service person gets a bloody nose and faints at the sight when delivering Lynn's meal.

Ultra Dramatic Ending:
Lynn loses her towel trying to break up the scuffle and gets entangled in the scuffle... right as both Zii and Tess arrive. Hearts break. DiDi chases Zii, Maura chases Tess, Lynn stands naked in the hallway. Hapless room service person arrives with her food, gets a bloody nose, and faints.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I have to admit, given her obsessive frame of mind, I have visions of DiDi perceiving Maura (rightly or wrongly) as competition, and throwing her out of the window.

It’d be wildly out of character for the comic, obviously, and it really, really isn’t going to happen. But given her increasingly deranged and unattractive depiction, it just feels like something DiDi would be capable of at this point.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

HappyFriar

Post by HappyFriar »

Yeah, but then we'd see her escaping from police who were powerless to stop a ditz with big knockers, possibly a few given concussions by spinning boob-smacks, and then she'd end up getting home with nothing ever really coming of it.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Crazy prediction time!

Somehow, Didi will end up disappointed and will head back home.

She walks into the apartment and discovers Zii pegging Gary on the living room couch! :))

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

To be fair, I think the only thing that would make a dent in Zii's funk is Prince Gary's magical kiss "down there" if you know what I mean. Zii still has to be curious about it, if only on a scientific basis considering Gary 'the human cold shower' and her current lack of sexual enthusiasm. I also think that Gary would prefer to be the comforter and actually 'give' the sex rather than receive. Zii looks like she needs some TLC. Taking cues from Peggy, her being 'on top' gives her more control and vents frustration. I was going to delete that last sentence but I guess that argument could technically be a therapy for Zii as well. She did not look like she enjoyed pegging Matt, but that was also dressing up as an ersatz Kiley too. Let's agree that sex of almost any kind could be therapy for her if she could have a spark reignited.

I don't think your supposition is bad. Weirder things have occurred. I just think that the timing of the proposed affair would be shitty all around, unless Zii decides/relents that in order to keep Didi in any manner she has to go through with Didi's mistaken permission for an open relationship and decides to be open herself - partly out of 'why not' or 'for revenge'. Or perhaps Gary actually comforts her and she gloms onto him. Gary has a knack for saying just the right thing at the right time to the right woman (Kiley and Yuki, for instance). The logic should make sense to Didi, and Gary is also a friend whom she has slept with so all should be kosher.

Or Zii will even be more crushed now. Probably more realistic but not very rom-com.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Derfman

Post by Derfman »

Well, I've been meaning to ask this for awhile. Was this universal dislike of both DiDi and Zii intentional, or did the storyline just form a life of it's own? Really would like to know if the writer thought these plots through or it just "happened". Not criticizing, just curious.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

“Universal dislike”? Hardly. Okay, the story has done a good job of showing how DiDi’s combination of effortless sex appeal and serious lack of empathy can so easily tip her from “cute ditz” to something of a complete monster, but Zii seems, if anything, to be a bit more liked among the board posters right now. She’s shown that she can be genuinely vulnerable, and she’s honestly acknowledging her mistakes. I get the feeling that many people who previously went on about how horrible she was currently feel like hating her would be like kicking a sad-eyed puppy.

(If the comic was going to go on indefinitely, it’d be interesting to see how much Zii attempted to do something about her past mistakes and how much she remained in a self-pitying funk, and hence how many readers lost patience with her for the latter. But as it is, I assume that this will be tied up in a bow soon.)

Incidentally, I think it’d be poor writing if sex with Gary magically restored Zii’s mojo. She’s currently depressed, which is, very realistically, acting as a hell of a libido suppressant. She might yet shag Gary in a fit of emotional confusion, but I can’t see her enjoying it that hugely. It’d be at best relief, but not restoration.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Derfman

Post by Derfman »

It seems to me that Zii got no sympathy from the readers when her band broke up due to her total lack of brain cells while fixating on DiDi's "charms". Just saying. Still wondering if the writer was trying to make us dislike them at the time he wrote it and to what end.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Mayhaps he wrote it for the morals of "Don't talk with your mouth full" and "A band in hand is worth two in (her) bush."
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

This is not the blonde you did not know you were waiting for.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Not much to say here, except... dang, Maura is beautifully drawn in the final panel.