Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

26-04-18 Oh it is you

Post by Giz »

HappyFriar

Re: 26-04-18 Oh it is you

Post by HappyFriar »

Well damn. If Lynn's girl who she has trouble keeping distant with is already there, Didi probably won't get through the door. That is, unless the girl's there to tell Lynn in person that she's getting serious with the person she was on a date with, then Didi can comfort her between her oversized battering rams.

Here's to this moving along quickly. I'd like the trainwreck to occur soon and to get to the cleanup.

Edit: Oh, wait, that's Maura, not Annette. Nevermind, I was dumb, let the hijinx begin.
Last edited by HappyFriar on Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Huh, curious that Maura is there, but I'm thrilled at the prospect of DiDi's whims being denied; perhaps petty, but it just feels right for someone so egocentric to see their desires unfulfilled. The smug presumptuous of DiDi's thoughts also emphasise my stance against her.
Maura didn't seem receptive to Lynn's flirtations (unless she was playing the fool, though that seems unlikely), so her showing up feels a bit out of left field - possibly there was some set-up I'm forgetting.

Zii, while often blinded by lust, does seem somewhat intelligent - granted, she used it to help indulge her lust, nevertheless, she does seem to have awareness when broken out of her lascivious mindset. So, she should be smart enough to realise what is obvious: she and DiDi should not and quite frankly have not been a couple. The fact that DiDi was so singleminded in her rush to find carnal pleasure due to a fairly brief dry spell should clue Zii in that DiDi lacks the emotional and possibly intellectual capacity for a relationship.

GKNolan

Post by GKNolan »

Didi ran away from a heart-to-heart with her "l'amour" to have sex with somebody she's known for...less than an hour.
I'm not saying anything this thread isn't already saying, but dang.
She RAN.

Chantaru

Post by Chantaru »

Didi has "known" Lynn for weeks. She did sign her boobs, didn't she?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

I'm guessing Didi's going to arrive, assume Maura is attempting to take away Lynn from her ( 8-| )and either another impromptu wrestling match will break out (much to Lynn's delight) or Didi will tell Maura it's her turn to sleep with Lynn, showing just how clueless Didi is in regards to how open relationships work (and hopefully, in the process, realize just how stupid she was for bolting out of the apartment the moment she thought Zii gave the okay to have one).

Being foolishly optimistic on that latter one.
GKNolan wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:43 am
Didi ran away from a heart-to-heart with her "l'amour" to have sex with somebody she's known for...less than an hour.
I'm not saying anything this thread isn't already saying, but dang.
She RAN.
Like a bat out of Hell with her wings on fire.

Absolutely deplorable. :-Q
Chantaru wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:16 am
Didi has "known" Lynn for weeks. She did sign her boobs, didn't she?
She only bumped into her a week or so ago - and they never spoke a word to each other. Their next encounter was the one we saw recently - so, they've only known each other for less than a day.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

rakedan

Post by rakedan »

Yay for hijinks!
An idiot on internet with memory problem.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Boxblocked! :))

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Interesting. I did not really expect Maura to reenter the picture quite this soon. Considering the postcards & posters for the Kickstarter and how much her & Tess feature, fair 'nuff.

Things are going to get interesting. Didi isn't going to take well to this development, and Lynn is probably too flirtatious to stop pressing an edge for Maura. Now, if Didi had called ahead, Lynn might have been prepared to receive her and ask Maura to come back later (or something even more kinky).

And we all know that Maura's competitive streak will have her clothes off in no time flat to have sex with Lynn if it makes her 'win'. I am having visions of Didi & Maura in a cunilingus face-off between Lynn's thighs ala Gary & Matt at the failed foursome. Or the former in a catfight with Lynn munching popcorn still in her bath towel.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

So...
Zii used Sonya for sex and then dumped her for Didi who is only using Zii for sex. And now Didi has run off to boink Lynn who is only using Didi for sex...

And Matt is the big asshole?

HappyFriar

Post by HappyFriar »

Honestly, I think the only one who hasn't been a big asshole yet in the comic is Gary and Peggy.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Gary is an ex-asshole, remember. Former troll. And I tended to think that his social incompetence attained a level in assholery though its sheer intensity. Peggy, on the other hand, merely dumped pasta on the head of her then-boyfriend and made a pass at a complete stranger out of sexual frustration.

Really, you don’t want to look too closely at any of these characters. Though Ramona is kind of okay, on current evidence. I look forward to the return of SDB so we can discover what her faults are.

It will be moderately interesting to see what Maura is up to; it could be something innocent, though comedy probably demands not. She may turn out to be, literally, slow of thinking rather than stupid, and have just worked out what Lynn was hinting over dinner, and have thought “What the hell, try anything once, especially if it gets me some hot wrestling tips”. Or maybe she described the conversation to Tess, who deduced the obvious. Whatevs. Lots of possibilities.

Frankly, though, this bit of plotting looks a bit mechanistic. We’ve seen the same before, when DiDi ran to Gary’s place only to discover Yuki already in residence. It doesn’t generate a particularly hilarious punchline here, or set up any mind-bending plot twists, so it’s hard to care about it. My guess is that there will be confusion,and DiDi will bounce off the situation somehow and run back to Zii, and then discover Zii in flagrante with Gary. But who knows? In such a case, we might end up with DiDi confronting the knowledge that she’s bollixed up yet another relationship, giving her a moment of insight — but in that case I’ll call shenanigans, because DiDi has never shown any capacity for insight whatsoever.
worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:01 pm
Interesting. I did not really expect Maura to reenter the picture quite this soon. Considering the postcards & posters for the Kickstarter and how much her & Tess feature, fair 'nuff.
Maura and Tess are almost the only Ma3 characters who haven’t yet been the subject of assorted postcards, pinups, and cover art, because they’re too new. So of course they get seemingly disproportionate (un)coverage in the latest round of Kickstarter material.

Personally, I’d have preferred Lynn and Roxie, but what can I say? I’m a sucker for tomboys with power bobs.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

I don't get it.

This isn't a surprise booty call. Maura has zero romantic (and sexual) interest in Lynn. This fact is set in stone. Like, Maura is the straightest girl in the comic.

And I can't believe she came to talk about wrestling and get pro tips from Lynn. Firstly, it would be awfully rude to arrive just like that, uninvited; secondly, it'd be a backstabby thing to do to Tess, and Maura wouldn't do that, not after what happened last time - the fight, the anger, the teary reconciliation...

But if it's not for sex or tips... why is she there, then? :-??
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

tityanya

Post by tityanya »

Oh, good. This is going to crash and burn.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Rosa wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:54 pm
But if it's not for sex or tips... why is she there, then? :-??
I am just guessing here, but in this strip Maura sees Lynn & Didi being friendly. Friendlier than Maura thinks they should be considering the time Maura has invested into Lynn as her lackey/"Sweet T" eye candy/mentor. Lynn & Maura (indeed both of the Tempests) deal to get (juicy) information on Didi is supposed to be quid pro quo. Maura is hyper-competitive, and apparently is seeing Didi skip ahead of her in her friendliness with Lynn. Perhaps she is worried that Didi will get ahead of her/the Tempests in their wrestling career too, but that is supposition on my part. Considering how we've seen Maura act and how Tess (her BFF) has described her behavior, this seems like simple personal jealousy not too far from how she reacted to Peggy during the weirdness that was the movie date.

Like most of the characters in the strip, Maura is leaping to conclusions without all the evidence. She just has a competitive streak a mile wide. Of course she is actually correct if she is concerned that Didi is going to get more tutelage/favor from Lynn than her, in that Didi might just get to the WW3 before the Tempests do.

Maura has made it very apparent that she is not into women at all - or at least Lynn - by directly saying so and by not responding to Lynn's not-so-subtle advances. Sending Lynn the cleavage-laden selfies might be innocent of Maura, or maybe she is using her looks to try to keep Lynn interested in her end of their bargain. However with her zany outbursts she made at Gary & Peggy in the date above, I can easily see that if Didi mentions that she came over for sex with Lynn then Maura will yell out something even more... sex-related?... to garner more points with Lynn. I could even see some comedy mileage out of Maura just doing a quick about-face and hightailing it out of hotel once lesbian sex is on the table. Truth be told, I would rather see Maura be the straightest lady in the Ma3 universe than have her succumb to her own exaggerated competitive streak. Not that I wouldn't appreciate the fan service inherent with them goinking one another. Just sayin'.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.