Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

HappyFriar

Re: 21-04-18 Should have talked like this sooner

Post by HappyFriar »

I mean people in the comic.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

Never thought I'd say that by the end of the comic the three characters I'd end up not completely abandoning would be Gary, Zii, and Sonya - everyone else has been in a sinking free fall. Heck, the only reason Peggy isn't sinking is because I never really got emotionally invested in her. Zii was sinking for awhile there, but I can forgive a character that realizes they fucked up; its a very highly under rated quality of a person that is not given enough due.

I just wish the ocean was deeper so Didi could sink even lower into it
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

brasca

Post by brasca »

vampire hunter D wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:28 am
seriously, is Didi autistic? because this is a rediculous degree of inability to understand someone.

I'm not against open relationships, but doesnt she get they have to be agreed to by your partner? An you dont run out in the middle of a heart toheart talk.
She mistook Kiley's therapy for a relationship so this really isn't all that surprising.

And it's not the worst thing that could happen. They didn't break up and unless Lynn is particularly exhausting in bed she'll still have sex with Zii.

We shall soon see if Lynn is as good as she thinks. She's a wrestler so she has stamina, but DiDi requires a special touch and seeing as how Lynn once portrayed the same monster she associates with sexual activity which made inhibited achieving an orgasm they might both be in for a night of disappointment.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Well Zii, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

When Gary gets home, bang him! :))

Khazuki

Post by Khazuki »

This is the first comic in a while that's made me laugh, or even smile. :)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:43 pm
They didn't break up and unless Lynn is particularly exhausting in bed she'll still have sex with Zii.
Somehow I can’t see the relationship surviving DiDi being quite this DiDi. Zii must have some limits, and if she rebounds onto Gary, and discovers that this thing kinda actually works, and doesn’t leave her with a sense of self-disgust, she might just become the second person ever to dump DiDi.
We shall soon see if Lynn is as good as she thinks. She's a wrestler so she has stamina, but DiDi requires a special touch and seeing as how Lynn once portrayed the same monster she associates with sexual activity which made inhibited achieving an orgasm they might both be in for a night of disappointment.
It will be interesting to see how the writers handle this. But if you want an excuse for why DiDi might get off on this, despite Lynn’s interest being purely physical — note that Kiley established that the true great love of DiDi’s life is wrestling. She might not have an emotional connection to Lynn, but she may have a passionate connection to what Lynn represents.

Could be rough on the furniture, though.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I am this close to feeling sorry for Suzi.
With all of these chickens coming home to her to roost, she could open a poultry farm...

I don't expect this thing she has with Chastel to last much longer. When it is done with, Suzi may be a wiser, better person.
Chastel, not so much.

Mordhaus

Post by Mordhaus »

Karma is a b*tch. This relationship was never going to work, the only person who is more likely to screw around on someone in this comic is Matt.
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite comic on the Internet.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

Has Didi's usage of French words gotten exponentially worse over time? Because for those that don't speak French sometimes not even context clues help and it's very, very annoying. "I believe we should be ouvert." What does that mean; honest, blunt, safe, kind?

"Vraiment?" Good? Necessary? What? Helpful?

"You've made me tellement happy!" Very, unbelievably, so?

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I too am interested in seeing how Lynn & Didi make love, not just for scientific purposes either. :-?

But seriously, how they will take to one another. Didi is a little inexperienced still with women, although I don't think Lynn would mind 'showing her the ropes' more. I expect Lynn will be able to get off fine enough, as long as her particular fetish isn't too extreme.

But I am really curious to see if/how Lynn will be able to get Didi to achieve orgasm. Lynn certainly is wanting it from her, so Didi just might be in the right headspace. If Lynn gets a little freaky, especially if it involves pseudo-horror/trauma or even breath-play, I feel Didi will lose her shit like how she reacts to horror movies. Didi's mind is weird that way. Or alternatively, Lynn might enjoy some kinky RP as well, and trigger a similar response. Didi needs to work on her make-believe skills in addition to her kayfabe. I am also curious to see how romantic Lynn can be, in order to work Didi up.

But you are right @Spidrift: the ladies seem notoriously difficult to get ahold of when the plot deems it. I just hope that Zii doesn't get even more depressed, although if the 'inevitable' Gary-Zii moment is to pass I suspect there are a few more twists & turns on this roller coaster ride.

I wonder if we have more surprises, though. I am not expecting a Scooby Doo "rubber mask"-like reveal out of one of our characters. Just, something that the creative team might have slipped in as a misdirect, and basically have us readers *expect* Gary-ZIi to be the only logical outcome. Granted, they are one of the few characters left who haven't boinked the other.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

BioYuGi wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:33 pm
Has Didi's usage of French words gotten exponentially worse over time? Because for those that don't speak French sometimes not even context clues help and it's very, very annoying. "I believe we should be ouvert." What does that mean; honest, blunt, safe, kind?

"Vraiment?" Good? Necessary? What? Helpful?

"You've made me tellement happy!" Very, unbelievably, so?
Google really is your friend, you know.

(Ouvert: Open. Vraiment: Truly. Tellement: So, emphatically, as in “So Much.”)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

I shouldn't need to google to enjoy the comic. Definitions in annotations would be lovely or just stop with the French speak.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Gary is going to come home feeling rejected and find Zii who is also feeling rejected so that means time for a mutual pity-fuck between Gary and Zii. But before we get to that though the comic will probably follow detestable Didi and we'll be back into the wrestling plot for another 2-3 months. As for Kiley, I'm thinking the creators changed their minds about bringing her back during the final volume or they lied about bringing Kiley back (yes, all creators can and do lie and they lie a lot just to troll the fanbase). As for Lita's look of boredom, maybe that reflects the creators' boredom with the comic and they're just going through the motions to wrap it up.

Continuity

Post by Continuity »

Zii's best option here is to just let Didi leave, then change the lock on the door. Zii needs to sit down and figure out what she wants, which is a world that doesn't include Sonya, Yuki, or Didi. MAYBE she could make a call to her ex-manager, and rekindle. MAYBE she could have some fun with Gary.

My money, as stated, is that she's much better off with Jung. When they first met, he insulted her and she punched him in the face. A classic start to a match made in heaven. Also, Jung has all of Gary's geek, with little to no self image issues.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

And he has the reputation of being a generous lover.

Still, I doubt Suzi and Jung would work in the long run.