Dangerously Chloe 16-04-18 Never Break Character

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 16-04-18 Never Break Character

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! Chloe learns that "masquerading" is business as usual in the strip club.

Rosa
BANNED

Re: Dangerously Chloe 16-04-18 Never Break Character

Post by Rosa »

First! :D

Just as we had figured, the ethnic accents were roleplaying.

And that's another wink to Stripperella when Ginger claims that she has like 4 different accents and has trouble remembering which accent to use with which regular. Persie in Stripperella changed her accent (and apparent ethnicity) every episode, a little mystery that never was explained... I guess, thanks to Ginger, now we know the reason, haha.
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

It looks like Cookie is checking out Chloe's ass.

bridgetvoid

Post by bridgetvoid »

ok i feel a lot better about the accent shit now, though i'm also kinda curious how much is written in advance vs what could've been retconned since the forum was so thrilled about it, though i also never watched stripperella (ok i think i did when it first came out but don't remember anything) so that reference was 10 miles above me

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

best page yet, more so that last panel, I love it a lot.
"Somebody just stake me now"

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

@TJgalon: Agreed. This is a great strip. :-bd

Hey, everyone, remember when I posted this ten days ago?

I believe this is my time to gloat, yes it is. I had Cookie's character down pat. :))
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

bridgetvoid wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:34 am
ok i feel a lot better about the accent shit now, though i'm also kinda curious how much is written in advance vs what could've been retconned since the forum was so thrilled about it, though i also never watched stripperella (ok i think i did when it first came out but don't remember anything) so that reference was 10 miles above me
At least now the joke is about racist folk eating up stereotypes like that.

DarkAsh

Post by DarkAsh »

@Cortez, sounds like Cookie is being a little racist by called non-asians "round eyes". Not that I'm offended.

I'm intrigued about where this is going, but it feels like it's taking three pages for Chloe to come to the the same conclusion that Teddi is someone different at the club. But is is home-life the lie or the club. Reminds me of Billy Joel's song "The Stranger".

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

Yuki in Ma3 has used the term "round-eyes" before, come to think of it... iirc it was when she wanted to be mean to Gary.... I guess Dave really likes making Asian girls use that term......

hey, where's Autumn!? did she leave early or what? I wanted her & Chloe to have a talk about her near-death experience and Chloe's hunky psychopomp bf... :((

DarkAsh

Post by DarkAsh »

I was wondering where Autumn was, too. She probably had to leave right after work to attend an NA meeting.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

This is actually some fairly interesting development. I feel foolish for assuming the worst, though to cut myself some slack, it did seem to be laziness at first, and the strip had been so superficial that I didn't even consider thinking there'd be another layer to the accents.

Anyways, while I like the development here, I can't quite see the relevance to the overall "story." I understand Chloe is learning about how the strippers use proverbial masks to manipulate men, similar to a succubus, like the time she fed from the energy of some high school boys when she infiltrated Teddy's school as the "sexy French teacher" (though, one would think any succubi academy worth its fire would have covered pre-existing Earth seduction industries). Yet, so what? Did Chloe believe Teddi wasn't a vast departure from the original Teddy? If she is thinking that Teddi also *acted* to seduce men, then she should be more concerned about the "why" rather than the "if."
I don't know, I'm not really looking for answers, merely spouting some rhetorical questions and junk. Chloe was meant to be somewhat intelligent, right? Since she had been off-screen or an inactive extra during the majority of that horrendous Teddi whoring/Pandora pranks are boring arc, it wasn't quite clear what her perception of Teddy had become after his mutation, so her seeming somber about the strip club being full of illusions doesn't feel like dots are connecting.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

DarkAsh wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:32 am
@Cortez, sounds like Cookie is being a little racist by called non-asians "round eyes". Not that I'm offended.

I'm intrigued about where this is going, but it feels like it's taking three pages for Chloe to come to the the same conclusion that Teddi is someone different at the club. But is is home-life the lie or the club. Reminds me of Billy Joel's song "The Stranger".
Yeah, "round-eyes" is a racial slur, though I think it is simply a counter to "slant eyes," so... simply tit for tat? :))

I like your point about is "home-life the lie or the club." I hadn't considered it and it does address some of my issues about the relevancy of Chloe's realisation.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Oh good! It was all just the strippers playing a part for the sake of ignorant patrons. Now maybe we can complain about more important things. 8-|

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:59 am
[

Yeah, "round-eyes" is a racial slur, though I think it is simply a counter to "slant eyes," so... simply tit for tat? :))

Especially since, as she said, they seem to enjoy those stereotypical personas.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Fourteenth! Fabulous.

While it's welcome to get an explanation for the accents, and not wanting to rain on the parade, but doesn't anybody else find the writing here a bit clunky. Plot exposition isn't always the easiest thing to do but why would the girls tell Chloe all about the reason for their club personas in such detail when she's supposed to have been working there for weeks if not months? Presumably that was part of her introduction to the place and how it operated, not to mention part of her getting to know the people who worked there.

You'd think at least one of them would have said "but surely you know all this?".