Dangerously Chloe 12-04-18 For a Good Deed

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

renmei

Re: Dangerously Chloe 12-04-18 For a Good Deed

Post by renmei »

meps98 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:38 pm
You'd think that but there are certainly cases where an addict was resurrected by a dose of Narcam (spelling?), gone right back out to get high again and received another life saving Narcam dose later that very same day. It's an extremely hard addiction to break away from.
You're correct, unfortunately. I'm just saying that it's not unbelievable either. All we know is that this time she seems sincere and that she's getting help. That's why I chuckled at the second panel. It captures that surreal line between wholesome and evil which only works because of the setup. It would be spoiled if we found out she couldn't quit. :(

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Cortez wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:35 am
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:41 pm
@dmra - but at the same time Teddy was saving Autumn's life; he was screwing over Al's - causing Al to be placed on a watch list after one too many inexplicable failed reaper missions, which could put Al's very existence in jeopardy, as a result.
But what's the alternative, just let her die?
If that was what Al was there for, yes. If Al didn't blab; Autumn would have died - like she was meant to. She only lived because Teddy interfered with Al's job; despite knowing full well what Al's job was and had to had some idea from their previous encounter that Al would get into alot of trouble if the soul he was sent to reap wasn't collected (maybe not the extent of the punishment until after the fact; but had to know there would be consequences).

This is why I can't help but wonder if Autumn was destined to die, and Teddy only delayed the inevitable, that Chloe's 'help' will result in Autumn's demise (successfully turning Chloe into this comic's resident buttmonkey).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

That seems too dark and too complex at this point.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

The comic has been dark for awhile now. This is the same comic that has a guy essentially date raping his peers with the intent of using one of the males to deflower a virgin succubus in his stead - despite being told on numerous occasions by another succubus that no mortal would survive the task, and a twelve year old who was turned into a sex pot.

Having a recovering drug addict fall off the wagon and die via overdose would be pretty tame by comparison (I'm not saying that's where it's going; I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if it did).

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

But sofar, the comic has held back from anyone dying for keeps - on screen, at least.

Derfman

Post by Derfman »

I wonder why none of the characters has commented on her now perfect eyebrows... as compared to Teddi's god awful briar patches. Why are they so thick? Funny thing is I typing this right under a Cortez post and his avatar of the original "Teddi" shows that there is no reason for them to be that way.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Maybe they think Teddi finally shilled out some of her incredibly high income on a beauty treatment.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Or the eyebrows could just be a way for the artist to show which is Teddi and which is Chloe since they are otherwise identical. So more for reader assistance than a genuine representation.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

But, as Derfman pointed out (using Cortez's avatar as an example); there is no reason for Teddy to suddenly have thick eyebrows as - the first time he took on Chloe's look, they 'were' identical; even down to the eyebrows (the effects of being injected with Chloe's blood).

Come to think of it, why does he have short hair this time around, too? It's not like he was given a lesser dosage, or the ectoplasm effecting the change in some way (outside of the extended transformation).

I think, in this case, the inexplicable change has more to due with artistic representation moreso than for the reader to have the ability to tell the difference between Teddy and Chloe.

sparky

Post by sparky »

meps98 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:38 pm
renmei wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:15 pm
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:44 am
Here's hoping all that money Chloe's giving her isn't going right back into feeding the habit.
I dunno. I can't think of a bigger motivator than actually dying and getting one more chance.
You'd think that but there are certainly cases where an addict was resurrected by a dose of Narcam (spelling?), gone right back out to get high again and received another life saving Narcam dose later that very same day. It's an extremely hard addiction to break away from.
They do have the ability to change things on those screen thingies that only they can see so perhaps someone did that to get rid of the addiction.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Teddi can't access stat screens.

Derfman

Post by Derfman »

Fluffy wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:01 am
But, as Derfman pointed out (using Cortez's avatar as an example); there is no reason for Teddy to suddenly have thick eyebrows as - the first time he took on Chloe's look, they 'were' identical; even down to the eyebrows (the effects of being injected with Chloe's blood).

Come to think of it, why does he have short hair this time around, too? It's not like he was given a lesser dosage, or the ectoplasm effecting the change in some way (outside of the extended transformation).

I think, in this case, the inexplicable change has more to due with artistic representation moreso than for the reader to have the ability to tell the difference between Teddy and Chloe.
Mystery solved. Looking back it seems she is getting the hair and eyebrows from Alchemy. http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips-dc/here-for-work

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Um, no. Because Teddy had the thick eyebrows/short hair after he was injected with Chloe's blood the second time around - even before Kimmy injected Teddy with ectoplasm; which literally makes no sense, seeing as the first time Teddy became a female via Chloe's blood, they were identical twins.

I really think it's just artistic interpretation (instead of having Teddy and Chloe being identical - with Chloe's demonic appendages being the only discernible difference between them - the artist let Teddy keep his hair style and thick brows to make the difference between them more obvious).

sparky

Post by sparky »

Error of Logic wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:19 pm
Teddi can't access stat screens.
Can Alchemy?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Yes,, they can.

The question is, would they have bothered?