Dangerously Chloe 9-04-18 Hey There Crying Girl

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

dmra

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-04-18 Hey There Crying Girl

Post by dmra »

@Fairy Glade's Fairy you're welcome. The ad was something I vaguely remembered seeing so a few days ago I did some searching. Not quite sure why that particular image became so iconic but it is one that people seem to remember and like reusing.

@Storm-forge mystique I could be wrong but I seem to remember Alchemy saying something about reapers taking on the form that their "clients" expect. Which would imply that they have more than the two forms we've seen. Even if they are the only two that Alchemy can use that still wouldn't explain why reaper blood would "fix" a human transformation triggered by succubus blood. But like I said somewhere else it's "magic" so it will basically do whatever the creators want it to do.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Maybe it does. Everyone 'expects' Teddi to look like Chloe because of the succubus blood.

dmra

Post by dmra »

But that wouldn't explain why Teddi didn't look like Teddy at school where everybody was very surprised to see him as a girl. To be honest I think the reaper blood is a bit of a magical macguffin. Something that moves the plot forward but isn't really meant to make much sense if you look at it too closely.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Or maybe it 'killed' Teddy's form, leaving only 'Teddi' because a supernatural being can withstand the touch of a reaper where mortals can't. *shrug*

dmra

Post by dmra »

And if you think it's complicated now just wait until Teddi adds angel's blood into the mix in his attempt to become the ultimate man for Chloe. Assuming he'll still want to after kicking her out.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

With Teddi's luck, all that will happen is that she becomes the ultimate feminine beauty if she adds angel blood.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

@dmra: Alchemy said indeed that they change appearance according to whatever the "client" wishes to see, and even showed us an example: a skeleton face. (Seems it's a typical one, 'cause lotsa people expect the reaper to look like a skeleton in a cloak and hood and swinging a scythe.) The thing is we usually see Alchemy through the main characters' eyes and we haven't met many clients. The only one I remember right now is Autumn... who has just returned to the strip! Perhaps she'll tell us what Alchemy looked like to her?

@EOL: I'm guessing they'll take the angel blood from a male angel, not a female angel.
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I'm sure Pandora means to take the blood from the male angel she was having sex with when she was last shown.
I'm not sure it'll make Teddi into Teddy again, though.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

IIRC, injecting him with angel blood was mightily dangerous... but the rationale was that, according to Kimmy's deathmeter, Teddi was almost certainly going to die at Chloe's hands very soon -- and thus the blood transfusion was worth a try anyway.

I'm quite curious to see what's the new reading in Kimmy's deathmeter now that Teddi has kicked Chloe out. If his odds at life have improved tremendously, well, hey, there shouldn't be any need for the transfusion anymore... right?
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.