Dangerously Chloe 5-04-18 Never Mentioned Chloe

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh

Re: Dangerously Chloe 5-04-18 Never Mentioned Chloe

Post by Gotoh »

@dmra: Ah, okay. About the only interesting ones like that I can think of would be Noa Izumi (from 'Patlabor') and Korra, who's easily one of the most down-to-earth/relateable characters, imo.

What I like about Korra is, she's a straight shooter. Meaning, she's nice, but brutally honest about how she sees things. If she goes off on anyone, it's usually because they've done something to deserve it. It doesn't always mean she's right, but her heart's usually in the right place even when she's wrong (which she'll admit). It's her most human and endearing quality (i.e. compassionate and well-meaning, but flawed).

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

i love chloe but...man she is SO SELFCENTERED in all of the WRONG WAYS!!!

Isnt concerned with the fact shes going to die messily and painfully!!!

BUT GOD FORBID !! TEDDI NOT MENTION HER TO HER CO-WORKERS!!!

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

This is why I'm hoping Chloe already took care of the problem while Teddy was busy sleeping around with his classmates (it would explain why Chloe isn't at all concerned about the situation and would teach Teddy a very hard lesson about keeping communication lines open when plotting harebrained schemes that directly involve another person's well being). Even the clawing at Teddy's wall in the middle of the night could be explained away as a form of 'sleepwalking' in Chloe's part - a side affect from being in close proximity to someone having noisy sex.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

Fluffy wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:20 pm
This is why I'm hoping Chloe already took care of the problem while Teddy was busy sleeping around with his classmates (it would explain why Chloe isn't at all concerned about the situation and would teach Teddy a very hard lesson about keeping communication lines open when plotting harebrained schemes that directly involve another person's well being). Even the clawing at Teddy's wall in the middle of the night could be explained away as a form of 'sleepwalking' in Chloe's part - a side affect from being in close proximity to someone having noisy sex.
That would be a really good and funny twist. I don't have much hope that it'll happen though.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Oh, me neither. Pretty sure they'll stick with Chloe's being a helpless little thing who needs her man to save her from imminent death because she can't be arsed to take care of the matter herself.
Last edited by Fluffy on Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Fluffy wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:16 am
Oh, me neither. Pretty sure they'll stick with Chloe's being a helpless little thing who needs her man (or one of her friends - maybe Lucretia, for a real surprise) to save her from imminent death because she can't be arsed to take care of the matter herself.
Homegirl can barely function as a member of her own species, and readers expect her to be capable of keeping herself from impending death.
**== **== **== **==

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

What can I say? I want to be optimistic when it comes to Chloe looking out for her own self preservation (I'm well it's a foolish dream, though - it's been made obvious since Teddy's impromptu sex change that Chloe is relying on him to save her).

But, seeing as that isn't likely to happen - I'd much rather see Lucretia go full incubus to save the day rather than see the above scenario play out. Chloe would still be the relunctant succubus willing to die before killing a food source; but at least Teddy wouldn't be painted as the ultimate self sacrificing hero (all the while completely disregarding the horrendous acts he was putting his classmates through while doing it).

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

Fluffy wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:25 am
What can I say? I want to be optimistic when it comes to Chloe looking out for her own self preservation (I'm well it's a foolish dream, though - it's been made obvious since Teddy's impromptu sex change that Chloe is relying on him to save her).

But, seeing as that isn't likely to happen - I'd much rather see Lucretia go full incubus to save the day rather than see the above scenario play out. Chloe would still be the relunctant succubus willing to die before killing a food source; but at least Teddy wouldn't be painted as the ultimate self sacrificing hero (all the while completely disregarding the horrendous acts he was putting his classmates through while doing it).
Simple solution: Use pheremones to get a job as a prison guard. Find a rapist in the prison. Bang him and disembowel the SOB in the process and disappear without a trace. Problem solved.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I'd be overjoyed if Prudence found a way to change Chloe to something other than a succubus, myself, but we'll see what happens.

dmra

Post by dmra »

An dear Prudence, if only she'd come out and play. Sadly her and the entire Angel team seem to have forgotten that succubi exist. Which puts them behind even Gabrielle and Tandy in the "doing your job" stakes.

Borrowing an idea from too many other places to mention one possible out is if Chloe's dad was actually an angel. Might explain why Chloe is quite so bad at being a succubus and maybe her half angel/half demon status gives her some choices/options.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Valkog wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:21 am
Homegirl can barely function as a member of her own species, and readers expect her to be capable of keeping herself from impending death.
It isn't so hard to believe, considering she has several viable options.
  • First and foremost, is her mom. Adora is an experienced succubus and told Chloe she's already gone through much of what Chloe is experiencing at her age. But (for whatever reason) it seems Chloe's either forgotten about that, or is reluctant to talk to her.
  • Failing that, you'd think she'd remember Ash, since he survived being fed on by her, Cess, and Laura for over an hour. According to Chloe, Ash should've been dead, or at least drained of enough energy that he shouldn't have been able to move. Yet, he wasn't even winded and only said he was hungry. Plus, Chloe said she was gonna keep tabs on him. But it seems she's forgotten about that to.
  • Lastly, there's Prof. Twiggit who's helped Chloe and her friends in the past. She's a science teacher with a genius level IQ and she seems fairly knowledgeable about succubi and cryptids, in general.
It's odd that all of them have seemingly slipped her mind. Instead, she's resigned to either wait on Teddy to come up with a solution, or simply die. :-??

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

Fluffy wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:20 pm
Honestly if this is true, and Chloe hasn't taken any moment at all to grab Teddi, shake her, and go "I'M CURED" then I'm just going to hate her even more. Hell, Gary can do it in Ma3 now, Chloe should be able to do so.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Again, it comes down to terrible communication skills - which all parties are guilty of in this comic.

But, to be fair - how often has Chloe had a moment alone with Teddy to talk about anything as of recent chapters?

Starphoenix

Post by Starphoenix »

So, I've been away for a while... is Chloe being more proactive in her own comic again?
Pretty much here for the ****posting.

Last Dangerously Chloe Comic Read: 09/18/17

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

She appears more; yes.

As far as being pro-active goes...eh...depends on your definition of the term :-??

Right now, she's currently posing as Teddy after seeking refuge at the strip bar he dances at (Teddy kicked her out of the house after finding out Abby has been transformed into a full grown succubus) and is pissed off that he never mentioned her to his co-workers (because that's clearly something to be more pissed about than being kicked out of the household after trying to save his little sister/reverse the changes Abby had done to herself after injecting herself with succubus/reaper blood).