Dangerously Chloe 5-04-18 Never Mentioned Chloe

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 5-04-18 Never Mentioned Chloe

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! Chloe tries to pump Teddy's co-workers for information on his strip club life and doesn't like what she hears.

Hyper Magi

Re: Dangerously Chloe 5-04-18 Never Mentioned Chloe

Post by Hyper Magi »

Well that's an outfit o.o
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

YES IT IS.

I think I just had a nosebleed. :x

Btw we finally know the name of the Asian girl: Cookie. It's satisfyingly stereotypical. :p
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

Hrm...

Thinking about it, I wonder when Teddi stopped stripping for cash and started doing it for the joy of it? That might just be the succubus blood doing since Teddy didn't seem all that "repressed" far as I remember. Course this is all assuming Cookie is correct in her judgement of Teddi.

And Chloe, why would your name ever be brought up? He isn't supposed to be talking to mortals about you
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

because she's jealous? ;))
the other girls talk about the important people in their lives, like Cocoa who told everyone she had a kid who needs braces & she gotta get money to pay for that... but "Candy" never said a word about her gf Chloe to anyone... of course Chloe is angry... so much that she's messing up more & more her he/she/me pattern of speech, it's so funny......

it's good the 3rd gal has been given a name at last... hey, did y'all know that Chinese names usually have the surname first and the given name later? I'm guessing that, since our kinky exhibitionist stripper is named Cookie, her surname must be "Fortune" :)) ... lol, anyone wanna make a bet?

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

You're right about the way she words her sentences, it's getting really confusing for Candy's trio of coworkers. I hope they won't suspect she's high on something.

I was a bit afraid, after that horrible scene where Teddi chased her away, that Chloe would be feeling, like, at the bottom of a pit of despair or something... but thank goodness she's just too sunny and optimistic by nature to feel down for too long. She's already thinking of meeting again with Teddi, and in her own way she's preparing for a big argument (or rather a blame-fest) over their respective wrongs:
"You turned my baby sister into a buxom sex demon!"
"Oh yeah? Well, you never mentioned me to your stripper friends, so there!"
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

DarkAsh

Post by DarkAsh »

This is a good page. It feels like the story is made some progress after the last three pages. Chloe is asking questions about what Teddi's been doing here and she finds out that Teddi's never mentioned her to the co-workers. Hopefully this is going to light a fire under her to talk about what's been happening to Teddi with Teddi. Even the gag is solid. The art is exceptionally good to with great facial expressions for Chloe. I give it three and a half succubus horns out of five.

How quickly can Chloe get dressed. She was just holding the outfit in the penultimate panel and is fully dressed in the last, well full outfitted anyways. Maybe she's putting the collar on in the panel. It is interesting how the characters magically change position from panel to panel.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

The way Dark Chocolate, O'Reilly, and Ching Chong are standing in the last panel is kind of creepy, all just standing exactly the same wearing identical underwear, with the same body type on all three of them. It's like some weird cloning process.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Okay, I've heard Irish people talk, and I can't fit Grifty O'Houlihan's half-choked gibberish into the accent or rhythm. She's just saying stuff, and I'm pretty sure "canna(e?)" is Scottish. Not that I expect a low-class establishment like this to hire someone who knows any better.
**== **== **== **==

dmra

Post by dmra »

I'm no expert on strip clubs but is this really a low class establishment? It certainly seems big enough inside and can afford a fair degree of lights and stage equipment. The champagne room was also pretty big and well fitted out.

The amounts of cash the punters are throwing seem pretty respectable too.

I agree on the Irish accent though. Where the hell has Ginger picked that up from?

brasca

Post by brasca »

Hyper Magi wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:28 am
Hrm...

Thinking about it, I wonder when Teddi stopped stripping for cash and started doing it for the joy of it? That might just be the succubus blood doing since Teddy didn't seem all that "repressed" far as I remember. Course this is all assuming Cookie is correct in her judgement of Teddi.

And Chloe, why would your name ever be brought up? He isn't supposed to be talking to mortals about you
There really wasn't any need to mention Chloe. At least with Abby there is a sympathy angle to be working.

Chloe was on the verge of realizing some of what Teddi has been doing since she's been locked in a funk. Too bad she had to make it about herself.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

It seems to being played for laughs, but Chloe should be partially annoyed with Teddi, especially after that sanctimonious BS he expounded at her; perhaps she shouldn't take some random stripper's words as absolute truth, her description of Teddi seems accurate enough, thus Chloe should realise how her "fault" cannot be responsible for all of the crap Teddi had been doing.
I can understand Teddi not revealing much about the demon from Hell in his house, yet it seems... not so much callous, rather neglectful of him to not even mention Chloe as a friend or relative staying over, thus why the strong need for money.
The strip club's portrayal is a bit inconsistent - it appears so corrupt or unprofessional that they allow an under aged Teddi work there without properly verifying his age, yet they have a "classy" enough establishment to fool Teddi and Abby's dad (granted, he was influcenced by succubus pheromones); the strippers seem desperate for money, to the point of destitution, yet the establishment bothers to assign them stage personas based on race/appearance? I'm splitting hairs, but cannot help thinking about it.

Chloe does look very nice in that outfit, even if it is a bit strenuous how she nonchalantly put it on. Her time at the club hasn't been too bad - at least, not nearly as bad as I had thought - as there is some character stuff with her learning about the depths of Teddi's depravity. I just hope my prior fears of further lazy sexual/smut jokes continue to be skirted around.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

No there really was no reason for Teddi to mention Chloe at all. Does that mean he'd need to mention Pandora?

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

brasca wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:08 am
Too bad she had to make it about herself.
Can you blame the poor girl? Even her own comic isn't about her, anymore.
**== **== **== **==

dmra

Post by dmra »

BioYuGi wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:44 am
No there really was no reason for Teddi to mention Chloe at all. Does that mean he'd need to mention Pandora?
We've seen in the comic before that Chloe isn't always reasonable when it comes to Teddy - little things like spoiling his date with Tiana. But she does have some grounds to feel bad here.

I think it's clear that Chloe thinks of herself as Teddi's girlfriend - if not going by her day dream about their life together in Hell fiancee. I doubt very much that in all the time Teddi was working there nobody asked if he had a girlfriend/boyfriend. So to find that she'd never been mentioned at all would be a good reason for her to get annoyed at him.

How she'll feel once she finds out about all the sexy fun time he was having is another thing altogether.