Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! Masquerading as Candy Rocks, Chloe meets some of Teddi's associates inside the strip club.

Milnoc

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Milnoc »

=)) I just completely lost it! =))

bridgetvoid

Post by bridgetvoid »

oh christ, so we're doubling down on song of the south bouncer with buck toothed broken english asian chick. for real circling the drain here.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

So... the other strippers suggested that she get into the shower, which is visible from the stage...? Which Teddi never seems to have seen...?

Is the writer even trying, any more?

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

As if revisiting this dumb, uncomfortable plot point and then not doing anything clever with it wasn't bad enough, now we have painfully Funetik Accents all over this comic. WHY?! No-one else talks like this in this town, so it just seems forced and unnatural.

"CHECK IT OUT, BOYZ! DEZE SILLY HUMIES ARE MUCKIN' ABOUT LOOKIN' AT TWIGGY GURLZ SPINNIN' ROUND POLES INN A DARK SPACE! LETZ GO IN DERE AND DUFF 'EM ALL OVER, SHOW 'EM HOW AN ORK NIGHTCLUB GOEZ!"

See? I can write silly accents too. Except because it's established as part of the characterisation of da Orks, it soundz loike somefin dey'd actually say, see?
FuzzyFace wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:37 am
So... the other strippers suggested that she get into the shower, which is visible from the stage...? Which Teddi never seems to have seen...?

Well, damn, I was so annoyed by the nonsense with the accents I didn't notice how stupid that was and how little it made sense until now. Nice catch.

As for your question: I'm not sure, but it certainly doesn't feel like it.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

FuzzyFace wrote:

I think it's supposed to be part of the act. But then it's weird they made it seem like she was entering the regular showers.

DarkAsh

Post by DarkAsh »

FuzzyFace wrote:

Teddi may have known about the showers, but Chloe wouldn't.

This is a real blow to my hope that this story is going to make any progress plot wise. Couldn't the page have Chloe learn more about what Teddi has been going through than she became a stripper and it was intentional? Also, why did she let her horns and tail become visible? She should have known that there was a possibility that someone could have spotted them. Anyways, I am starting to agree more toward the haters, after these last two pages. I think I'm just getting tired of how slow this story is progresses after it started with such great promise.

I also agree that the accents are getting ridiculous. David is not being racist, but it is a silly thing to have in a comic intended for a mature audience.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

F**king hell...
"Yo, brutha."
"Ching Chong, ping ping, Ching."
Look, I am normally one who thinks PC can become excessive, however, context matters - we've gone from one cliché street talking bouncer, to a super Engrish-y Asian character all at the same location, without any proper set-up.
Also, this may not be intentional, yet having an Asian character with that thick of an accent invites conclusions, such as she is a product of sex trafficking. The strip club has already been established as highly unethical, or at least lacking in professionalism (as they allow an underage Teddi to perform in gratuitous strip shows without properly verifying his age), therefore their involvement in using illegal sex workers isn't far from thoughts.
Also, also, the entire strip club BS has shown a rather unflattering portrayal of the industry: the strippers shown so far have been either unintelligent or have overactive libidos, and at least one is a drug addict with issues so bad they would've died. If it is for comedy, the joke falls flat; if it is just to add "realism," then it is rather dehumanising.

We finally get to see Chloe begin to process the realisation of the depths of Teddi's fall, but not only is it overshadowed by excessive fanservice, it also cuts to a terrible, unfunny, and completely nonsensical gag. I find it highly doubtful that prior strip shows had been set up as a "surprise" for the stripper, so the other strippers were needlessly indirect just to set up some crappy joke.
I mean, god damn, perhaps it is my own fault for being bothered, yet how can I not be when this strip becomes trash yet again? Granted, it hadn't returned to its roots before, but it seemed to be following an actual plot development for once...

dmra

Post by dmra »

FuzzyFace wrote:

Not to mention that Chloe didn't hear a single wolf whistle or shout of appreciation before she got under the shower.

I've never been to a strip club but I can't imagine they're the quietest of places especially when one of the star attractions walks on stage naked apart from wings and a tail.

DarkAsh

Post by DarkAsh »

dmra wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:31 am
FuzzyFace wrote:

Not to mention that Chloe didn't hear a single wolf whistle or shout of appreciation before she got under the shower.

I've never been to a strip club but I can't imagine they're the quietest of places especially when one of the star attractions walks on stage naked apart from wings and a tail.
I agree, I doubt the stall is sound proof so even if there wasn't a bunch of cheers before the curtains opened, it should have been considerably louder than it was back stage. Does this club have two stages so one always has a shower on it? I not, how did she not notice the shower moving? Did people throw money immediately after the curtains were opened or is Chloe so shocked she's been standing there for a bit? So many questions.

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

What the hell is this, the International House of Strippers (Come horny, leave happy)?

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

Yeah count me in as being super uncomfortable with those accents as well.

Also wtf Chloe is now dumber than Abby if she:
1. Immediately let her wings and tail come back out when anybody could walk in on her.
2. Didn't notice the crowd of people looking right at her.
3. Suddenly has an issue with people seeing her naked when she is:
a. Naked in a strip club.
b. A goddamn succubus.

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

BioYuGi wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:49 am
Yeah count me in as being super uncomfortable with those accents as well.

Also wtf Chloe is now dumber than Abby if she:
1. Immediately let her wings and tail come back out when anybody could walk in on her.
2. Didn't notice the crowd of people looking right at her.
3. Suddenly has an issue with people seeing her naked when she is:
a. Naked in a strip club.
b. A goddamn succubus.
That's a good point. She's odd in being somewhat chaste by succubus standards, but you'd think public nudity would be part of her curriculum in school.

dmra

Post by dmra »

DarkAsh wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:43 am
I agree, I doubt the stall is sound proof so even if there wasn't a bunch of cheers before the curtains opened, it should have been considerably louder than it was back stage. Does this club have two stages so one always has a shower on it? I not, how did she not notice the shower moving? Did people throw money immediately after the curtains were opened or is Chloe so shocked she's been standing there for a bit? So many questions.
The "Featuring Candy Rocks" poster outside the club has Teddi standing under a stream of water but the background looks nothing like the shower Chloe is using. It's possible the club has more than one set of plumbed fixtures and fittings but the full blown shower looks a bit elaborate for a strip club.

But frankly I think looking for logic and consistency in the strips nowadays is being a bit optimistic.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Dragon Paladin wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:52 am
That's a good point. She's odd in being somewhat chaste by succubus standards, but you'd think public nudity would be part of her curriculum in school.
You could chalk it down to her being surprised to suddenly discover that she is naked in public and not in a private shower. But it still rather beggars belief that she completely failed to see or hear anybody or anything before the other stripper told her about "Ginger" and "Cocoa" collecting the money.