Dangerously Chloe 26-03-18 Hello MIzz Candy

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

meps98

Re: Dangerously Chloe 26-03-18 Hello MIzz Candy

Post by meps98 »

"Yeah, it is clearly a case of being happy to find shelter without causing further drama, albeit a shortsighted achievement since it is likely the strip club would expect her to start working, and there would be some drama if a second "Candy" arrives."

I don't know about that. I think the management would love to have twin Candy's working. Having a headliner who needs no breaks and sometimes appears together on stage with her twin sister would be a gold mine. The question is, does Chloe know how to strip? Teddi found out that it is much more than taking your costume off while on stage. There are techniques involved that she worked hard to perfect. Teddi is more than a set of boobs and loose pheromones. Teddi is a professional!

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

But Teddi and Chloe do both have succubus pheromones, and Chloe's are undiluted.

dmra

Post by dmra »

And sorry to keep harping on about the bouncer but, rereading the strip, he really ought to rethink the shades. They're clearly having a bad effect on his vision because he managed not to notice Chloe walking up to the club, stopping to look at her own picture and then losing a couple of feet of hair just by ruffling it.

I don't know if the bouncer is dumb but he sure is unobservant.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

renmei wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:32 pm
True, but when you consider that EC-verse comics tend to end with a gag or punchline...
Not always. There were times when EC and MC strips ended on a cliff-hanger, like this one, or here, or these.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Hu hu... What could possibly go wrong ,really ?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Error of Logic wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:46 pm
But Teddi and Chloe do both have succubus pheromones, and Chloe's are undiluted.
Exactly. Chloe could just stand there - fully dressed - send out a few pheromone bubbles and make a financial killing that would put Teddy's nightly income to shame. But, of course, we're probably going to get Chloe wearing a skimpy outfit and put on an actual show to make bank; because this comic can't go a single page without some sort of gratuitous boob shot.

Before the accusations fly - no, I'm not a prude; I'd just like to see some plot/character development without it having to include the character becoming cheap eye candy.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

otaku247

Post by otaku247 »

otaku247 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:32 am
...Or she's just going to shapeshift into Teddi and 'save them from the indignity' of having to do that themselves and Teddi is then gonna go ballistic about Chloe stealing her 'career'
I'm gonna go ahead and say called it, even though it seemed pretty obvious this was the way it was headed - although you can take the lateness in my reply that I didn't expect it to be straight off the bat in the next strip, and Chloe's motivation is still up in the air for this one. :-??

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

bridgetvoid wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:34 pm
dmra wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:02 am
Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:28 am

... anyone wants to humor the troll and start flaming?
I'm feeling la-a-zy right now, so count me out.
It may be a bit of a stretch to go full "minstrel" on the basis of one sentence but I am struggling to think of any other characters (Gabby is the only one who springs to mind) who have obvious accents/dialects.

I certainly can't remember anybody else calling anybody "Mizz" or using "youse" so it might be nice to get a reason why one of the few black characters
in the strip talks differently to anybody else.
cause he's black and this comic is lazy now. also to the person who called me, a troll, no i'm legit annoyed that a human person of color shows up and seems to be talking like they learned english from watching gone with the wind or song of the south. it doesn't make sense, literally no one talks like that in montreal or anywhere else. so it's cool that someone can go on at length about how a fictional 12 year old is the definition of sexy, but being annoyed about a pretty gross caricature/stereotype is trolling.
To be fair, a lot of Italian-Americans do talk like that. But, i can see why people are a little put off by it. Also, has anyone else noticed that the 'i' in 'mizz' in the comic title is either an uppercase 'i' or a lowercase 'L'. It's kind of bugging me.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Dragon Paladin wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:08 pm
To be fair, a lot of Italian-Americans do talk like that. But, i can see why people are a little put off by it. Also, has anyone else noticed that the 'i' in 'mizz' in the comic title is either an uppercase 'i' or a lowercase 'L'. It's kind of bugging me.
[/quote]

Not wishing to stereotype but are there many black Italian Americans?

I hadn't noticed the "I" until you pointed it out but now you've said it it's rather hard not to see it. Luckily it doesn't bother me too much but I can imagine some people are going to find it really annoying.

Or perhaps it's just part of the bouncer's accent though Lord alone knows how you'd pronounce it.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Error of Logic wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:43 pm
Only everything.
Especially since Chloe could end up eating someone.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

We've seen her eat before - and she handles it quite well without killing anyone.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Teddy might disagree but I think anybody else should be safe enough.

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... ills_Teddy

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Difference there is that she wasn't looking to feed; she was in the middle of giving Teddy 'kissing lessons' and got carried away - thus, almost killing him. When she was kissing the jock, she was actively feeding and knew how far she could take it without killing him.

dmra

Post by dmra »

There is still the open question of what happened to the ambulance crew. But really I was just jumping at the chance to post a link to a time when the comic was consistently really really good.

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... erature_is