Dangerously Chloe 22-03-18 Where Chloe Went

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

OllieOrOlly

Re: Dangerously Chloe 22-03-18 Where Chloe Went

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Another thing I don't think I considered (perhaps I have... there has been so much BS that one can lose track), is that Teddi didn't just whore out his own body, but also Chloe's; whether Chloe knowing how Teddi turned her body into a commodity will have any relevance, or she will merely hunker down in Teddi's old stripper hotel pad, while taking his place in the strip club.
Granted, since Chloe is a shapeshifter of sorts, she mightn't care about her *base* form being used for money, but rather seeing how far Teddi has fallen will make her feel worse than she already does, and add to her not-entirely-incorrect but overblown sense of guilt.

As contrived and lazy as it would be, time travel to undo this entire tedious, aimless, and vulgar plot is the only feasible way for any resolution. Maybe, maybe, the main characters conveniently have their memories intact, so they can remember which paths NOT to follow. Hell, maybe only Chloe would remember, thus adding some emotional weight to the time travel erasure of every event post- and even a bit before Teddy's gender flip.

*EDIT* Yet another thing I don't think I've considered is that even though the strip is rated "PG-13," the fact that it has underage people involved in arguably explicit sexual acts makes it technically illegal in my country.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I hope seeing how Teddi provided for herself will give Chloe a reality check.
No, she is not solely to blame for what happened, but she does share the blame. And she needs to really accept that and step up her game fixing things.

dmra

Post by dmra »

They could always tell Abby's school that she had hormone treatment from the same doctor who managed to turn Teddy to Teddi almost overnight. That seemed to work out quite well for him.

Edit - also on the Chloe can go anywhere idea. She might not want to go back to Tartarus seeing how she's hardly in Slash-stab's good books. And we don't know if she's even allowed to go see or contact her mother.

Or Adora could just be a victim of the 99% of responsible adults are on permanent vacation part of the comic's logic.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

No kidding, it's still amazing that the school bought Teddy's story and that they didn't think to call her father to confirm about the sex change.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

As I said back when it happened, the school—and everyone else—was kinda *forced* to believe Teddi’s story about having sex reassignment surgery. It was pretty unbelievable, but no other explanation made any more sense.

Abby probably could get away with the “growth spurt” explanation. What is the faculty at her school gonna say? No?
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:06 am
No, she is not solely to blame for what happened, but she does share the blame. And she needs to really accept that and step up her game fixing things.
I'm hoping this is where Chloe is going to find out just what Teddy has been up to these last few weeks (not just about the stripping, but what he was doing at school). Maybe we'll actually get to see how she feels about Teddy whoring himself out to the jocks as a means of finding her a boyfriend - without discussing it with her first.

I just don't want to see Chloe take all the blame for all this; as - though she's not guiltless - she's far from the only one at fault.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:19 am
As I said back when it happened, the school—and everyone else—was kinda *forced* to believe Teddi’s story about having sex reassignment surgery. It was pretty unbelievable, but no other explanation made any more sense.

Abby probably could get away with the “growth spurt” explanation. What is the faculty at her school gonna say? No?
I kind of assumed an unconscious use of part-succubus pheromones smoothed things over with the teachers.

otaku247

Post by otaku247 »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:39 am
Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:06 am
I'm hoping this is where Chloe is going to find out just what Teddy has been up to these last few weeks (not just about the stripping, but what he was doing at school). Maybe we'll actually get to see how she feels about Teddy whoring himself out to the jocks as a means of finding her a boyfriend - without discussing it with her first.

I just don't want to see Chloe take all the blame for all this; as - though she's not guiltless - she's far from the only one at fault.
This is a life lesson about communication. I have had many issues in my own personal life that have been screwed up completely down to lack of communication, and being stuck in that loop of thinking "I don't want to talk about it right now/I don't want to burden them with my troubles, they have their own to worry about/I should just Wo[Man] up and get on with it, or sort it out myself" until things got so out of hand they almost irrevocably imploded. Nowadays I'm so lucky to be able to discuss things that are troubling me with people I love and hold dear to me, and I can open up to counsellors and therapists as events warrant - but I first had to admit to myself that I needed to do this and that it wasn't a failing or weakness to ask for help, seek advice or just get things off my chest.

Sometimes it needs a calamitous event or shock to get your head in the right place and now hopefully Chloe is going down that road.

...Or she's just going to shapeshift into Teddi and 'save them from the indignity' of having to do that themselves and Teddi is then gonna go ballistic about Chloe stealing her 'career'
either way I'm here for the duration. Also +1 Jason on the composition these last few strips, excellent art.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Interesting that of all the places Chloe could have gone she just happened to walk past the club where Teddi has been stripping. Maybe her succsubus instincts took her into the town's "red light district" rather than anywhere more salubrious or with more shelter from the rain.

And Teddi sure was lucky that nobody else who knew him ever seemed to notice the life size picture of him outside said strip club.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

No kidding, especially since Candy seems to be a main attraction. If not the main attraction since they are promoting her right there on the entrance.

Gary-in-phx

Post by Gary-in-phx »

Master of 7s wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:12 am
Is this strip being serious with the "protagonist wandering the streets in the rain" trope? There is literally no logic to for this scene to exist. Chloe is a demon. She can travel back and forth between the earth and infernal planes at will or she can just pop back to her mom's house. So unless there was something in that contract that Abby signed that nullified her powers (a point that should have at least been hinted at) this scene serves no purpose other than for plot convenience, which makes it trite and pointless.

I don't mind stories that meander a little bit, but the rules of the universe need to be consistent. If Chloe is so emotionally distraught over being kicked out that she forgot how her powers work, I can accept that, but there has thus far been nothing in this story that suggests that stress induced amnesia is a thing that happens to demons.
At first I thought this could be Abby's imagination of what Chloe's situation is right now. She asking telling Teddi a kid's version of "the worst thing". This wouldn't explain the marquee posters though.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:19 am

In hindsight, it's par for the course if you watch anime, or read manga. The teachers usually accept almost any story, no questions asked. One of the most commonly used plot gimmicks is the "new transfer student", or if the student happens to live on their own unsupervised.

So, considering that the *C-verse comics are anime influenced, we shouldn't be too surprised that everyone bought Teddy's story so easily. And on the off-chance someone raised suspicions about it, I'm sure the pheromones would take care of it somehow.
dmra wrote:Or Adora could just be a victim of the 99% of responsible adults are on permanent vacation part of the comic's logic.
This too, 'cuz nearly all of them seem to be in EC and MC. The closest DC might've had was Lance, until he got turned into a thrall.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Even in anime/manga you quite often get an explanation for why the parents are absent and, so long as they are alive, there's often some kind of parental visit or contact. I can see why it's done for plot purposes but they could at least have given us a bit more about Abby and Teddy's mother than just "she left us after the divorce".

The parents in EC weren't exactly paragons either but at least they were present. Ace's Dad was a bit of an idiot while Eugene was pretty much of a no show until the reincarnation arc but at least Adora and Maria showed some inclination for proper parenting.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

dmra wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:25 pm
Even in anime/manga you quite often get an explanation for why the parents are absent and, so long as they are alive, there's often some kind of parental visit or contact.
Well, yeah, the audience is told where the parents are, but the teachers usually aren't. Look at Ukyo in 'Ranma½': she just turned up one day in Ranma's class, as a new transfer student and the teacher took her story a face-value.

She didn't tell him she was living on her own, because she had left her dad back in Osaka when she ran away from home. That was something only Ranma and the audience were made privy to later.
dmra wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:25 pm
The parents in EC weren't exactly paragons either but at least they were present. Ace's Dad was a bit of an idiot while Eugene was pretty much of a no show until the reincarnation arc but at least Adora and Maria showed some inclination for proper parenting.
Eugene showed up earlier than that, we first saw him when he and Maria told Layla they were betrothing her to Dio.

That said, we didn't see much of Eugene, but we saw Maria fairly often and she seemed fairly responsible. Such as making Layla clean up as punishment for tricking Nina into drinking their father's alcohol. She also kept Blair from harrasing girl-Ace, detoxed Brooke after catching her drinking too and, during her cameo in PMS, she advised Stephanie and J.C. about Lori and her coven because she wanted to keep PMS and the cheer vamps safe.

And, of course, there was Twiggit. She's a bit of a flake, but still mostly level-headed. Which is why Brooke and her friends usually went to Twiggit for advice whenever weird things were going on at the school.
Last edited by Gotoh on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

And here we are again. Abby being her selfish dumb self. Seriously what would it take for her to just be GONE?

And really why isn't Alchemy taking her share of blame and trying to freaking help for once rather than being as dumb as Abby "oh I'm sorry, I just injected you with my blood because I was curious....my baaaad"