Post by Eisu »

Balancer

Re: 2017-12-19 X is your remainder

Post by Balancer »

Haha. No flaws in need.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

C'mon Nadine... you know what do you want to do ;)
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

brasca

Post by brasca »

Considering how many she's been through I can see why she'd like to change things up a little.

I'd still like to know what her cover story is. Up until now she was out of sight pretending to be Jean's mother. And if Alex remembers her from school the question of why she's living there will come up too. That'll certainly put her devious mind to the test.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

She was introduced to the school as Jean’s cousin. It’s not entirely unthinkable that she might be staying at the same place, though the question of why Alex hasn’t seen her there before would remain open.

Anyhow, nice to see that Alex has some good solid nerd under that cute-geek shell. Which may well be deterring Nadine from goinking him, just as that’s becoming the one option that might save her sanity. Catch-22 for sex comedy characters.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Great. Add blackmail to the list of dirty tactics Eloise and Nadine have employed. Charming.

Ah, the heck with it, why am I complaining? It's obvious even to casual viewers I'll be back for the next update, if only to satiate my curiosity or see if this subplot is over yet. Some days I just feel like a complete moan.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Can’t think why on Earth you think that.

(And I don’t know why you’re worried about those two using blackmail. They’re the bad girls. It’s their job to do bad stuff.)
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Judanas

Post by Judanas »

Yay villains doing villainous things.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

And frankly rather trivial villainous things in this case. Now, in a less comedic world, what Eloise did to Alex could eventually traumatise the poor guy -- scrambling his ideas about his own sexuality, lying about the emotional nature of their relationship, yadda yadda. But what Nadine is doing here is fairly minor. Yeah, blackmail is an ugly word -- but if you're going to be blackmailed into something, helping a schoolmate with her homework is hardly arson, murder, or even jaywalking
---------
Spidrift

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Watching The Dark Knight: "Oh C'mon!!! Why The Joker would blow up a hospital??? I'm not watching this anymore" :D
Last edited by rogermart on Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Yeah, yeah, laugh it up, everybody. But I'm back now to set the record straight.

Prior to this subplot, all I knew going in about these two is that one is a rich girl and the other is Sandra's Sitcom Arch-Nemesis (and while we're at it, an Unknown Rival) and really wanted to get with her cousin Pierre. I wasn't aware they were the types who gladly indulged in manipulation and blackmail, or that they apparently have so little empathy for their marks that making a guy question his sexuality is no big deal to them. Those are pretty big leaps and bounds from amusing with an OTT hatred and obsession with Sandra that's like the opposite of Alex's interest. Maybe they did more villainous things in the run-up to this subplot, I don't remember. I'm far more familiar with the villainous schemes of Eva who, by contrast, was never built up as anything but Zoey's rival before being revealed as a sinister schemer so when she stooped to dog-kicking that poor waitress it seemed like a logical progression.
Last edited by LegendaryKroc on Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

Nadine's 'lets just fuck' meter is building

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Can't help but notice that Miss Alex is still rockin' that pretty bow after ten minutes. ;;) Might be protesting a mite too much!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Given that Alex really isn’t that uncomfortable with suddenly discovering (and acting on) apparent gay inclinations, was previously somewhat fixated on a video game character in human form, and seems to have taken enthusiastically to pegging during his first major heterosexual encounter...

I think that the lad has a deep and rich sexuality, and isn’t even having that much trouble accepting it. I’m now imagining him growing up into Tip from Skin Horse. (A mostly-heterosexual transvestite Casanova whose one homosexual encounter to date was with a shapeshifting gerbil, for the tragically uninformed.) I reckon he’s just pissed off with Nadine’s being so blatantly manipulative.
---------
Spidrift

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I think Nadine is now my favorite character in this comic.