Dangerously Chloe 8-03-18 Get Out of My Life

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

LegendaryKroc

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-03-18 Get Out of My Life

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:09 pm
To be honest, I feel bad for Chloe - only because she's getting chewed out for protecting Teddy's boob obsessed dimwit of a baby sister. Hell, everything she's done was to help Teddy - only she's the klutz of the succubus world, so all her plans end up blowing up in her face (the only exception being getting Teddy a girlfriend - where she deliberately sabotaged a budding relationship between himself and Triana due to selfish reasons).
And until recently, I did too. But then she went to Slash-Stab thinking she could trick her into turning Abby back into a normal human, only to get completely outfoxed and have Abby instead sign her humanity away because big boobies. All of Ilsa's appearances so far have shown her to pull tricks on people who try to deploy her to their advantage, be a sadist who enjoys cruelty and violence for their own sakes and enjoy greatly using her powers to screw with mortals' minds. There was no way going to her for help was going to result in a good resolution of that dumb plot, but here we are, and things have worked out completely for the worst.

Meaning well doesn't justify monumental acts of idiocy in my book.
lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:52 pm
See what you wrote right there? Those five words took all meaning away from the rest of your post.

Of the thousands of people who read the comic, like... twelve come to these forums regularly, and we are all nutjobs. The idea that Dave might care what we think about his work is just silly.
It's ironic that you reply to my post to tell me it means nothing, because what you just wrote means nothing to me.

1. I'm well used to mods other than The DAMNed ignoring my posts by now, what with no replies or feedback about getting that preview image changed up until Kisai said as much, and only in such a way as to tell us not updating it was a conscious choice. He can listen to or ignore my opinions at his leisure, but I'm going to put them up here either way. Things that are good will be praised, things that are bad will be criticised, things that are kinda in the middle will be acknowledged. I'm hardly at risk of catching something here.
2. Neither of us know each other in person (I assume) so I can't tell if you're a nutjob or not, but the same goes in reverse. You want to self-identify as a nutjob, that's your port of call, but I am not a nutjob. Moody, opinionated, jaded, socially-awkward, at times rude, judgemental and hypocritical, maybe, but not a nutjob. Your own case is weakened by referring to me as something I know I am not.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

@LegendaryKroc - I think lordoffiling meant that, although the majority of us here in the forum haven't been happy with the events that have transpired in the comic, nobody has any business claiming that we speak for the fanbase, as a whole - as the forum users aren't the entire fanbase. Saying that the writer isn't obligated to listen to the forum's criticism is also a very real fact - as this story is writer's vision, no one else's.

It doesn't mean we can't be critical - it just means it won't change squat all.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Exactly. Couldn’t have said it better.

Also the nutjob thing was, of course, exaggeration—although perhaps not much. We are all, you see, posting on a sub forum of a webcomic about sexy, goofy supernatural situations, and in many cases treating it as “serious business”.

I mean... *something* has gotta be wrong with us, right? :P
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

At least we're not outside, setting fire to people or dragging them into the woods. Or running for political office.

Maelphaxerazz

Post by Maelphaxerazz »

You do not know that. How can you be sure?

brasca

Post by brasca »

Cortez wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:10 am
brasca wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:54 am

True, but she's legally married to Teddi's father so eviction is unlikely.
She currently screwing someone that isn't Lance, so she's not that attached to him.
I know she doesn’t love him, but she could likely take him for everything in a divorce.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

She could, she has everything to do it: Succubus powers, access to an endless supply of lawyers (i know i know i know, i just couldn't resist :D )...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

otaku247

Post by otaku247 »

Conan_Edogawa wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:00 am
this is probably the price Abby had to pay in her contract.
This. Probably something like "This house only has room for one succubus and you're now it kiddo"

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:04 pm
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:09 pm
To be honest, I feel bad for Chloe - only because she's getting chewed out for protecting Teddy's boob obsessed dimwit of a baby sister. Hell, everything she's done was to help Teddy - only she's the klutz of the succubus world, so all her plans end up blowing up in her face (the only exception being getting Teddy a girlfriend - where she deliberately sabotaged a budding relationship between himself and Triana due to selfish reasons).
And until recently, I did too. But then she went to Slash-Stab thinking she could trick her into turning Abby back into a normal human, only to get completely outfoxed and have Abby instead sign her humanity away because big boobies. All of Ilsa's appearances so far have shown her to pull tricks on people who try to deploy her to their advantage, be a sadist who enjoys cruelty and violence for their own sakes and enjoy greatly using her powers to screw with mortals' minds. There was no way going to her for help was going to result in a good resolution of that dumb plot, but here we are, and things have worked out completely for the worst.

Meaning well doesn't justify monumental acts of idiocy in my book.
Im with legend here. I love Chloe to death and related to her so much in EC. But here in DC? Ive been watching and hoping things would go well for her.

BUT COME. ON! A TWELVE YEAR OLD. TWELVE. PICTURE A TWELVE YEAR OLD SIBLING AND THEN IMAGINE THAT...THAT HAPPENED TO THEM!! 12 year olds are dumb. They would love to be in the universe of Adventure Time or Star WArs or want to be superman or iron man WHATEVER actually extremely dangerous thing that us adults recognize as not actually good things. SHE IS NOT an ADULT. Whatever she "decided" to do is not automatically her fault ESPECIALLY when an adult (who knows how old Slash Stab is!!) is convincing her to.

Chloe. Was the last person with her. I love Chloe. But HELL was NOT the place to take a 12 year old human..so yeah, everything that followed was Chloe's fault. Good intentions should be her middle name.

BrianX

Post by BrianX »

Conan_Edogawa wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:02 am
BrianX wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:29 am
On the upside, Abby did successfully make herself shorter, so she'll probably be able to look normal... eventually.
no, she's just curled up in a fetal position and covering her ears.
I'm talking about the part after the initial transformation where she tried to change back to a 12 year old body. She was taller than Chloe, and shrank herself by about six inches. And that was it.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

TwoWayStar wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:48 pm

Chloe. Was the last person with her. I love Chloe. But HELL was NOT the place to take a 12 year old human..so yeah, everything that followed was Chloe's fault. Good intentions should be her middle name.

Teddy knows - via first hand experience - that Chloe's track record when it comes to looking out for others in her care usually ends in disaster - and yet, the dumbf*ck STILL trusted Chloe to mind his baby sister (a child who made it no secret she was obsessed with Chloe's boobs) while he partook in sexy fun times with a large number the high school athletes (and some of their girlfriends) Chloe's bestie and a reaper, and plotted how to safely bang Chloe himself; all without discussing this matter with Chloe - who should be directly involved in the whole thing.

Chloe may have been an especially stupid bonehead taking Abby to Hell to reverse her transformation; but Teddy is far from guiltless in this matter - all things considered.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

dmra

Post by dmra »

I'm not so sure Chloe's plan was actually that stupid. She had Abby who had partially transformed into a succubus and had just had a run in with two monster hunters. Obviously her first priority was to get Abby's transformation reversed.

And what were here options? She could hardly go to the angels. Her mother seems to be another absentee parent so it was either going back to her old school or Hell. Charybdis staff weren't much help with Ace's transformation so there was no reason to think they could do better with Abby.

Whereas Ilsa was perfectly able to change Abby. Chloe was even happy to pay a pretty hefty price for her to do that.

It's hardly Chloe's fault that Abby then decided to sign the contract to get herself made full succubus.

And for that matter would Teddi have been in a much better mood if he'd come home and found Abby still a 12 year old but one with wings, horns and a tail?

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

dmra wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:05 am
Her mother seems to be another absentee parent
Since when? Adora plainly told Chloe she can come to her anytime for advice. Chloe is the absentee, because she's either forgotten about that, or she's chosen to not accept the offer.
drma wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:05 am
Charybdis staff weren't much help with Ace's transformation so there was no reason to think they could do better with Abby.
The cause of Ace's transforation was differnt, so we can't really compare it to what's happened to Abby.

That said, Twiggit was in the process of deducing how the Tiresias Orb worked right before she was affected by it, which sharply reduced her IQ to being a bimbo. Had it not been for outside interference, she might have figured out a way to reverse the effect. The vase was just an alternative to what she originally had in mind.

dmra

Post by dmra »

I used absentee because we've seen nothing of her. In fact she hasn't even been mentioned. Why is an open question but I think it's got a lot more to do with authorial decisions than Chloe having some sort of selective amnesia or reluctance to see her mother who she previously seemed quite close to.

People here seem to keep making the assumption that the cast know everything that we do.

I somehow doubt that Chloe was privy to all the details of Twiggit's investigation. Also Twiggit was a scientist rather than a magician so why would Chloe think she had any expertise in Abby's case? And even if she did think of Twiggit it took weeks for Ace's transformation to be reversed and Chloe doesn't have weeks since Teddi is pretty likely to wonder what's happened to her after a couple of days at most. .

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@drma: I'm not suggesting Chloe knew what Twiggit did, that part of my post was strictly in response to your assertion that no one at Charybdis was able to help Ace when he was stuck being a girl.

However, Chloe does (or should) at least remember Twiggit, because she ws their 'go-to' gal whenever they needed help with weird happenings that were going on at the school. She even figured out how to undo Kade's transformation, because Chloe stole the idea from Twiggit.