Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Fluffy

Re: Dangerously Chloe 5-03-18 Go to Your Room

Post by Fluffy »

TwoWayStar wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:57 pm
*drags hands down face*

i remember a time...a clear time.....a time when we were all wondering where this comic was going to go with hope and interest..like pages 1-10
I started loosing faith in this comic the moment the Valentine's Day arc ended - where Chloe deliberately sabotaged Teddy's impromptu date with Triana because - despite her intent on helping Teddy nullify the contract by helping him get a girlfriend - the thought of never seeing him again changed her mind.

Then Teddy was forcibly changed into girl; and all hope was lost.
but now i feel like all i see on DC forum is high levels of frustration and low-key anger..i wish i had the time to sit all of yall down one at a time and just ask "how is DC letting you down and what are you feelings and thoughts on the matter" so that we can all just get it out in a big catharsis.
It wouldn't matter, anyway - as the writer is set on his own ideas for this comic and no amount of griping from us readers will change the course of his path.

So, the best we can do is suck it up and deal with it by griping at each other via the forums until the comic's bitter end.
to the comic. *facepalm* *facepalmx2 combo*
There seriously isn't enough facepalms in the world.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Just to make it clear the only thing I'd criticise Faith for is arrogance and egotism in thinking that she was just so special that almost nobody could resist her. Like you I think she was horrified when she discovered the truth.

And getting back to Gabrielle there have been a number of times when Tandy (possibly others) have called her out on enjoying her job too much. And in any event I'm pretty sure that sticking sharpened knitting needles into somebody isn't in any interrogation manual out there but probably would be in any manual for trainee torturers. http://www.magickchicks.com/strips-mc/P ... eats_roche

dmra

Post by dmra »

[/quote]

I started loosing faith in this comic the moment the Valentine's Day arc ended - where Chloe deliberately sabotaged Teddy's impromptu date with Triana because - despite her intent on helping Teddy nullify the contract by helping him get a girlfriend - the thought of never seeing him again changed her mind.
[/quote]

To be fair the comic has made no secret that Teddy and Chloe had feelings for each other. So half of the interest was in seeing how they would eventually manage to get together without the contract being fulfilled and Teddy getting dragged off to Hell. So Chloe feeling jealous about Tedddy possibly getting another girlfriend really wasn't that out of character.

The big problem with the finding Teddy a girlfriend story line is that it seems to have been completely forgotten while instead we had chapter after chapter of Teddy trying to find Chloe a boyfriend - or at least somebody who could survive having sex with her.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Yes, but that contract said that he needed a genuine girlfriend in order for the contract to be nullified; not that the girl needed to be his one and only, forever.

Chloe could have let nature take its course and allow Teddy's relationship with Triana to blossom with the hope that it would void the contract. After that was accomplished, she could have made her move on Teddy whenever she damned well pleased - with no fear of having to kill him, if she didn't want to.

But, no - best to have Chloe do a complete 180 and utterly ruin one of their best chances to be free of a contract that neither of them wanted, all because- for whatever stupid reason - Chloe thought she wouldn't be able to see Teddy again after the fact.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

TwoWayStar wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:57 pm
but now i feel like all i see on DC forum is high levels of frustration and low-key anger..i wish i had the time to sit all of yall down one at a time and just ask "how is DC letting you down and what are you feelings and thoughts on the matter" so that we can all just get it out in a big catharsis.
In all honesty, it boils down to simply not having anything else to read at the moment. EC and MC are on hold indefinitely and PMS ended three years ago. So it's either DC, go back to Má3, which I'm not a fan of.

Regarding the comic itself, I'm mostly indifferent toward it. It doesn't have the appeal as the other two *C-verse comics, but I still read it on-again/off-again when I need to kill time.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:17 pm
Yes, but that contract said that he needed a genuine girlfriend in order for the contract to be nullified; not that the girl needed to be his one and only, forever.

Chloe could have let nature take its course and allow Teddy's relationship with Triana to blossom with the hope that it would void the contract. After that was accomplished, she could have made her move on Teddy whenever she damned well pleased - with no fear of having to kill him, if she didn't want to.

But, no - best to have Chloe do a complete 180 and utterly ruin one of their best chances to be free of a contract that neither of them wanted, all because- for whatever stupid reason - Chloe thought she wouldn't be able to see Teddy again after the fact.
But if Teddy didn't care for the girl involved that would be a pretty horrible thing to do to somebody. And if he did care for her there would be no guarantee that he would go with Chloe if she did make a move.

To be honest I think that some of us readers are doing a lot more thinking about this than the creators. I suspect they just liked the idea of doing a reverse "Ah my Goddess" with Chloe taking on the role of Belldandy while Teddy and Morisato (at least in the early days) were pretty similar. .

Ophidiophile

Post by Ophidiophile »

capicoli wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:48 am
Chloe may not be doing it on purpose but she probably couldn't make toast without ruining someone's day.
"How to Succeed Without Even Trying" by Chloe Love

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:17 pm
By the way, should Teddy referring to Alchemy as his boyfriend nullify the contract? Or does have to be a girlfriend?

On an unrelated note. The more i think about it, the more it bothers me that the mom is the one that is made out to be the bad guy. I mean, not only was she cheated on, the person Lance cheated on her with was her own sister.

So it's a bit iffy that she's the one they had " abandon the family" as Abby put it.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

She was cheated by her husband and her sister, but if that makes you abandon your kids, i'm sorry, you're not mom of the year...

And she would've won full custody really easy if she wanted, putting aside that the system usually favors the mother, Lance is always away racing cars, and he was the cheater, any rookie lawyer would've won the case...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

rogermart wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:22 am
Lance is always away racing cars, and he was the cheaterer.
...which wasn't his fault, Chloe caused that to happen.

dmra

Post by dmra »

I try not to judge any of the adult characters too harshly especially the ones we've barely seen. After all if there were any half way competent authority figures around then the story couldn't possibly happen. Teddy's school seem remarkably relaxed about a pupil who was a boy on Friday coming to school on Monday as a fully transformed girl for example.

The only adult who has been allowed to show any kind of skill or ability was Ilsa and that was clearly only because she could be used to move the plot forward.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

rogermart wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:22 am
She was cheated by her husband and her sister, but if that makes you abandon your kids, i'm sorry, you're not mom of the year...

That's my point. I'm talking about them making her the bad guy in the meta sense.
Gotoh wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:33 am

...which wasn't his fault, Chloe caused that to happen.
Which can't be proven in court, which i believe is their point. Especially since Lance doesn't even know it's because of Chloe, he thinks he did it of his own free will.

Their point i believe is that it would have been an easy case for her to win in court.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Gotoh wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:22 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:03 am
it was a catastrophic mistake, but better that from a situation that was - from her perspective - fatal to Abby
I'll never understand why people keep saying this.

Tandy and Gabrielle plainly said they were letting Abby off the hook, after she explained what happened. They even offered to get her help. Chloe heard the entire conversation. Abby wasn't in any danger.
We as the audience know, but Chloe was in a panicked state, so it isn't beyond reason to think that she either didn't hear or couldn't process that there was no danger.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

This seems to be roughly set in the present. And most states have had no fault divorce for decades. Whether Lance cheated has zero relevance to his parenting abilities and whether he should be primary residential custodian (the trend is also to to award joint custody and often 50/50 time split). The system no longer favors women over men in general as parents but there are still broad pockets of lingering prejudice/outdated values where that may be true.

On the other hand, Lance’s consistent absence is relevant and would be decisive in a contested custody dispute. Teddy’s mother obviously didn’t dispute custody. As noted above, the primary reason for this is meta: the absence of parental figures is essential to the plot. But her reaction is not outside the realm of human experience in divorce cases.

rakedan

Post by rakedan »

I know I shouldn't be saying this, fictional character or not, but I wish Teddy had just died back then rather than transformed into a girl...
An idiot on internet with memory problem.