Dangerously Chloe 5-03-18 Go to Your Room

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

rogermart

Re: Dangerously Chloe 5-03-18 Go to Your Room

Post by rogermart »

College credit? she didn't see when Abby sent Ilsa Teddi's picture and she went full ROFLMAO... With that Chloe has full scholarship for grad-school...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:28 am
Oh, shut up, Teddy. Your ability to talk down to Chloe in this situation is pretty much non-existent at this stage. You were the one who made the stupid deal that brought her into your life in the first place. You were the one who made several stupid-ass decisions that brought us to now. Your reputation as a slut is one of your own making because you listened to that stupid bitch Pandora rather than just asking Chloe what the ideal solution to her problem would be.

Now, Abby being an impulsive idiot with the attention span of a squirrel and Chloe reaching sub-Gary levels of spinelessness that have her simply bending over backwards trying to play negotiator with someone experience should have taught her has nobody's best interests at heart, those things I can't blame you for. But you lost the right to claim the moral high ground or even the intelligent high ground long ago.

So again, shut the hell up.

And a question to the writers: is there a POINT to all this? Are you BUILDING towards something? Or is all this nonsense just to DISTRACT us from the fact you don't hopefully know WHERE this stupid story is going at the moment?
lincoln_muadib wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:29 am
WELP... Teddy isn't wrong. Everything... EVERYTHING Teddy has done has been to help Chloe. X(

Meanwhile Pandora does nothing but stuff things up for everyone, Abbey stuffs things up for everyone, Chloe pretty much has NO IDEA how much Teddy has done for her (how many times has he gone to hell for them now? Twice? Three times?)

Honestly, if I were Teddy I'd tell them-

"Yeah, f*ck you guys, I'm OUT, off to be a stripper to make mad cash and live in a palatial apartment like I was before, Pandora, you can have my dad, Abbey, good luck, whatever, and by the way, since I'm staying the hell away from you, Chloe, you can't EVER claim my soul, and if you die from starvation, ya know what? That's just fine."

Because in this whole cluster, Teddy is the ONLY ONE to EVER do ANYTHING for any of them, and they pay him back with nothing.

They all need a damn good reality check.

As do any posters that think that Teddy is the bad one.

[-X
As far as I'm concerned, they're all a bunch of tossers and they deserve each other. I'm past kind of liking the others and hating Pandora with a passion. Now I kind of hate them all, and I really really hate Pandora.
The deal he made, he had no idea he was making.

A statue comes to life, says he made a blood pact and asks for his wish, he says girlfriend under duress, they give him a succubus. Never once saying, "Oh hey, if you do make a wish with us, you're making a demonic pact."

Funny how people seem to forget that little bit.

Though, it may be the one thing that can get him out of it, "Um, excuse me, you realize, when I made this wish, nothing was said about anything else until Chloe went, "Well, it can't be broken."

Abby at the very least had a contract to read over and sign (even if she didn't read it over).

dmra

Post by dmra »

lincoln_muadib wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:29 am
WELP... Teddy isn't wrong. Everything... EVERYTHING Teddy has done has been to help Chloe. X(
[-X
Not quite. Stripping was something Teddy did to get enough money to fund a fairly lavish lifestyle. Nobody made him choose that life. It was his own decision.

Equally nothing about Teddy sleeping with his harem of bully girls was in the slightest to do with helping Chloe or anybody really but himself. Admittedly his early efforts were supposedly to use up the charm they were under but at no point did he ever seem to think that perhaps that wasn't working and there might be some other different cause. And I'm sure the fact that he was getting regular sexy fun time with a bunch of girls who acted as his bodyguard at school had nothing to do with that.

And as for sleeping with the boys to find one "legendary" enough to survive sex with Chloe from what we've seen of the various encounters he seemed to be having one hell of a lot of fun doing it. Which might also explain why he never bothered to think through exactly what Pandora meant by there being legends about some men surviving sex with virgin succubi. Which really wouldn't be that impressive a story if the average teenage high school athlete was sufficiently manly.

And finally having sex with Alchemy and Pandora was something Teddy chose to do which had zero to do with helping Chloe. And that hardly speaks volumes for his devotion to her does it.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Varanus wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:58 am
That was an accident
I'm starting to wonder if Chloe isn't actually an ifrit (panels 2&3, here), 'cuz she's better at it than Laura. :-\
Varanus wrote:
Besides, Teddy didn't even consider it that bad a thing, saying his parents were happier apart.
But are they really? We never had a chance to see what their marriage was like, so we only have Teddy's opinion on that. It didn't seem like Teddy's mom was unhappy, until she met Chloe and assumed Lance was cheating on her.

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

To be fair, Abby is correct in panel 1, that set up would make for a pretty spectacular Christmas card photo...

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Self-righteous characters can irk me at the best of times, but Teddi? All the BS! He has utterly no foot to stand on to be a friggin' "moral authority," on anything, let alone being pissy at Chloe for a momentary error in judgment; granted, it was a catastrophic mistake, but better that from a situation that was - from her perspective - fatal to Abby, rather than the possible year (I don't know how long it is in comic time, but for reality, it's been 2 years, right?) of inane, aimless, and thoroughly misguided crap that Teddi has done.
I went on a longer rant, but deleted it because I've mentioned elements of it multiple times before. I guess, one newish thing is that it would be quite tragic how Chloe's "best intentions" inadvertently brought upon the end of the DeCarlo's world, however, Teddi himself chose to become an unfathomably promiscuous tart, so it doesn't feel tragic because of Chloe, overall.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:03 am
it was a catastrophic mistake, but better that from a situation that was - from her perspective - fatal to Abby
I'll never understand why people keep saying this.

Tandy and Gabrielle plainly said they were letting Abby off the hook, after she explained what happened. They even offered to get her help. Chloe heard the entire conversation. Abby wasn't in any danger.

dmra

Post by dmra »

They didn't so much offer Abby help as say they were going to take her to their school.

So as far as Chloe was concerned they were going to take Abby away from her family and friends possibly never to see them again. Or at least not for some time.

In that situation taking her somewhere where Chloe thought she would be safe and where someone could reverse Abby's condition immediately wasn't exactly a bad thing to do.

Trusting Ilsa on the other hand not so smart.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

So, if the Artemis kids had followed through with their decapitation of Chloe, what do you suppose would have happened? I wonder how much of the shenanigans would just come undone

Also, Abby's face is hilarious. "You can't tell me to go to my room. 8^y"
**== **== **== **==

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:09 am
The deal he made, he had no idea he was making.

A statue comes to life, says he made a blood pact and asks for his wish, he says girlfriend under duress, they give him a succubus. Never once saying, "Oh hey, if you do make a wish with us, you're making a demonic pact."

Funny how people seem to forget that little bit.
Really?

One look at the statue, the tone of its voice (which - with a jagged black bubble and jagged white text - was nothing but sinister) hearing it refer to itself as being 'dread' and the fact it required blood to get it to speak should have been obvious to anyone with half a wit that the thing was dangerous.

The only reason Teddy went through with the wish was because he didn't want to be caught by the museum's security; not because anyone tricked him into making a wish.
TJgalon wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:51 am
I think your wrong Lincoln, Chloe has help a lot, because Teddy is alive. It been simple for her to do her job and leave. Not saying it been perfect help, but she been doing a lot for Teddy too.
And Chloe's help didn't consist of lining up clueless men into dying horrific deaths by deflowering virgin succubus, either - or willfully turning innocent people into her personal harem (like Teddy had in his quest to 'help' Chloe).
Cortez wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:50 am
Varanus wrote:
That was an accident
She has a lot of those, which is Teddy's point here.
And yet, Teddy keeps putting trust in her; so, Teddy can hardly claim obliviousness when shit hits the fan, considering how many times Chloe attempts in helping out have blown up in everyone's face prior to this.
Gotoh wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:13 am
Varanus wrote:
Besides, Teddy didn't even consider it that bad a thing, saying his parents were happier apart.
But are they really? We never had a chance to see what their marriage was like, so we only have Teddy's opinion on that. It didn't seem like Teddy's mom was unhappy, until she met Chloe and assumed Lance was cheating on her.
That alone should be some insight on how the relationship between Lance and his ex was - that she would automatically believe Chloe when she mentioned Lance going to a hotel with someone she thought was his wife.

If you're going to believe the word of a stranger that easily; there was suspicions to begin with.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:03 am
Self-righteous characters can irk me at the best of times, but Teddi? All the BS! He has utterly no foot to stand on to be a friggin' "moral authority," on anything, let alone being pissy at Chloe for a momentary error in judgment; granted, it was a catastrophic mistake, but better that from a situation that was - from her perspective - fatal to Abby,

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Chloe is going to get in a word in edgewise in order to explain how it all happened. Teddy's too high up on his soap box to give her an inch of wiggle room to explain herself and Abby - as expected - fled from the scene because wanting to avoid her brother's wrath holds priority over defending Chloe; who, in this case, was dragged into this mess via Abby's shenanigans.
Last edited by Fluffy on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

dmra wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:34 am
They didn't so much offer Abby help as say they were going to take her to their school.

So as far as Chloe was concerned they were going to take Abby away from her family and friends possibly never to see them again. Or at least not for some time.
Except Chloe did the exact same thing. The key difference being, AA is safe since it's in our world. The same can't be said for Tartarus Academy, which is in Hell. Even Nina wasn't willing to set foot there and Teddy seconds her opinion, judging from his reaction to finding out Chloe took his sister there.

If Chloe wanted to take Abby someplace safe and find her help, she could've gone to see her mom. But it seems she's either forgotten about her mom's advice, or she's avoiding her for whatever reason.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

That's the problem, though - Tandy and Gabrielle could only assume how Abby would have been treated if they took her to AA; but, they have no way of knowing for certain how the situation would have actually been handled. You can't use how they treated Melissa/Cerise/Jacqui (witches - who, aside from Cerise, gave them no reason to see them as a threat) as an example of how they'd treat Abby (someone who looks like a child succubus - which is a creature that is notorious for manipulating people on a whim and literally feeds off of human male essence).

Tandy and Gabrielle may have believed Abby's story; but there's no guarantee that the faculty would have been so easily convinced.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

I think the more important thing is that regardless of their intentions, Chloe plainly doesn't trust monster hunters at all. It didn't really matter what Tandy and Gabrielle claimed they were going to do for Abby when Chloe regards them with such fear/animosity.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Gotoh wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:40 am
dmra wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:34 am

Except Chloe did the exact same thing. The key difference being, AA is safe since it's in our world. The same can't be said for Tartarus Academy, which is in Hell. Even Nina wasn't willing to set foot there and Teddy seconds her opinion, judging from his reaction to finding out Chloe took his sister there.

If Chloe wanted to take Abby someplace safe and find her help, she could've gone to see her mom. But it seems she's either forgotten about her mom's advice, or she's avoiding her for whatever reason.
Chloe took Abby to Hell with the express purpose of getting Ilsa to change her back to human form so that Abby could go home with nobody being any the wiser. Not the most sensible choice but hardly unreasonable. And one which she, knowing how hell works, was willing to pay a price for.

Unlike us Chloe hasn't had a chance to see Artemis Academy so all she knows about it is based on her interaction with Tandy and Gabby who, not let us forget, had only just finished threatening Chloe with removing her head using a dagger. Which was hardly a great advertisement for the better qualities of Artemis Academy and certainly not something likely to make somebody think it's a safe place even if it is in the human world.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Varanus wrote:
That was an accident, and depending on how time travel works in this universe, unavoidable.

What I find questionable is that this is his breaking point rather than the stuff Pandora has pulled, stuff he knows she did on purpose. Or is he just more angry because Chloe says she wants to help?
Do things to Teddi, and she will at least try to forgive you -- unless you push her too far.

Do things to Abby, her baby sister who she has been more or less raising and caring for singlehandedly for years...? You've already pushed her too far and are asking for what is coming your way.
Varanus wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:34 pm
I think the more important thing is that regardless of their intentions, Chloe plainly doesn't trust monster hunters at all. It didn't really matter what Tandy and Gabrielle claimed they were going to do for Abby when Chloe regards them with such fear/animosity.
Chloe does have some prejudices; not just against monster hunters, but against angels, too.
It'd be nice if she could reflect on the reasons why both those factions are usually hostile to succubi...