2017-12-05 I recognize that view

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Abraxas

Re: 2017-12-05 I recognize that view

Post by Abraxas »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:53 am
Oh come on. What is it with these comics and ass comedy? "Hahaha, he's got a dildo in his ass!" Very funny - not.
I was gonna say

oh look Gary 2.0 ... Can't have normal sex so lay on the other kinks

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Yeah, that sounds pretty plausible.
Cortez wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:55 am
Some people like it up the ass.
And more power to them, but that's not what I was complaining about. Dildos in asses are not inherently funny to me.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:54 pm
Much more importantly, there's plenty of evidence that a lot of people love them their ass comedy. I mean, it's not particularly my thing, but I'm pretty sure it's a guaranteed laugh from a large enough audience. Not much point whining about what the market rewards.
A more legitimate point, and one I don't have a direct answer to. However, we just saw him getting a blowjob in the shower as the punchline of a jump cut joke; I'd kind of hoped this strip would have a more mature brand of humour for a moment before these two got into bed. Whatever, nothing I can do about it now.

hightechartist

Post by hightechartist »

My main complaint are these characters that check their phone during sex! How rude!

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Are there any straight characters, anymore? Everyone seems to be bi, bi curious of gay now.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

In this comic Pierre and Domenico seem straight... for now...

I would put Alex as confused, what we know is that he definitely likes women and he probably likes men but we're not sure...

In the entire Ma3-verse Gary is still straight, and the guy that is dating Ruby, and the guy that is dating Angie (it's been so long with SDB that i don't remember their names)...

In Erik's case it's true that he had a "devil's threesome" with Zii, but i think that he was entirely focused on her, so i would put him as straight... for now...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yes, Alex is confused. My guess is that when he eventually discovers the truth about “Jean”, he’ll decide that this proves that he’s straight after all, albeit with no objection to a little pegging (i.e. just like Gary), which indeed doesn’t stop him being straight, and roll with that for the rest of his life. But that’s just a guess. And we know that Marie is entirely straight. We’ve had no evidence that Domenico or Zoé swing more than one way, Tatiana seems to be straightly kinky, and so on.

Now, you can say that almost everyone, even the straight characters, seems to be a bit more kinky than is probably the statistical norm in real life, and I won’t argue. I’ll just put it down to sex comedy and not worry about it.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

I forgot Marie, Zoe and Tatiana... thanks Spidrift.

Ruby is also straight, and since she is a fujoshi i guess she doesn't even have second guesses with women like Marie did.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ruby is clearly at least mostly straight, and even if she is capable of any sort of experimental twinges, she’s still coming out of her painfully conventional, repressed shell, so there’s zero chance of her exploring any such side of herself at this point in time. If we ever saw a ten-years-on epilogue story, and it turned out that Ruby had eventually had a one-night-fling with a woman, I wouldn’t be shocked — this is the Ma3 universe, after all, and Ruby clearly has a very curious side. But equally, if that never happened, I’d not be at all surprised.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:12 pm
Whatever, nothing I can do about it now.
Could you do anything about it before? ha ha ha ha ^o^

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Well, no. The "now" just kind of slipped in there. *shrug*

brasca

Post by brasca »

Alex has yet to physically meet Nadine so I wonder who she'll be pretending to be in this family.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

We haven’t seen Alex speak to Nadine, but they’re at the same school, she was introduced to everyone by the head as Jean’s sister, and it’s the school’s uniform she’s wearing. Also, she may have a reputation (in a fine old-fashioned use of the word) among the other pupils, if not so much in Alex’s circles. So I think she’ll stick to the existing story.
---------
Spidrift

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

The astronomer in me is annoyed at the Moon illumintion. :P

Also, I'm wondering if the skyline is correct and that view could feature that Moon. Must be rather east of the Eiffel tower since I strongly assume it's evening still and not some hours before sunrise.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)