Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2017-11-28 Better for the job

Post by Eisu »

GES280

Re: 2017-11-28 Better for the job

Post by GES280 »

I really hope he doesn't freak out, but I know that won't happen.

WizzarTheRed

Post by WizzarTheRed »

I remember someone once said that Eva has a sweet face when she isn't being a snake. Eloise's face in the third panel seems to share that attribute.

Must be a model thing.

Mutant for Hire

Post by Mutant for Hire »

Well, maybe she can convince him he's bi now.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Poor kid. In so over his head.

Taken advantage of by sexy manipulative insatiable models.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Oh yes poor him :(

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

I feel for the guy. I really do. It must be so hard, having supermodels throw themselves at him.
**== **== **== **==

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

"It must be so hard, having supermodels throw themselves at him."

Well, yeah it's gotta be extra hard by now ;)

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

And probably bigger than what he was holding if she thinks he's "better for the job!" :))

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Depends on what he's looking for in life. If he just wants to shag beautiful women then sure, this is a dream come true with a little weirdness thrown in because it's a dream, and those have license to not make sense. But if he wants a more intimate, one-to-one loving relationship, which seems more likely from what we've seen of him up 'til now, he's getting his sexuality thrown into question and dragged into a two-person love triangle, things which at the very least seem like a pain in the ass when you realise they're happening/happened.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm not sure that we've seen any sign that Alex has ever really thought about what he does want. Marie wants him, Christophe wants something deeper than a string of meaningless shags, but Alex has just floated along with a wall full of Sandra pics to fantasise about. Not that I'd hold it against him; he's young enough that he really shouldn't be obliged to make up his mind just yet -- especially as his brain is probably fizzing in a hormone cocktail 24/7.

Anyhow, the gag is, let's face it, not that he does or doesn't want this, but that the a large percentage of his peers would kill to have such problems, and kill him slowly if he complained about them. By the time he leaves school, he'll have been in skin contact with more naked fashion models than most men get to meet in their lives.

And Eloise is indeed quite attractive in all these panels, but hey, that's good; Eisu has doubtless noticed that Eloise is a fashion model who's working very efficiently on a seduction here, and making her anything other than attractive would be silly.

Oh yeah, and -- "Glxblt". This has appeared before; it's not just random letters. In fact, it's either a demoscene musician from Finland reference or a Hortense McDuck reference. With these writers, 40% possibility the first, 60% the second, is my estimate.

Double post merged. The DAMNed
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Like how Christophe's last name is almost the same as a famous comic artist? :)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Is it? I didn’t think we knew what Christophe’s surname was.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Brux

Post by Brux »

I actually feel bad for Alex, no sarcasm here. It doesn't matter Eloise is a supermodel. It still sucks to be roped into sexual situations by someone taking advantage of your inexperience. Having no control over these situations is quite the contrary of a young nerd's dream come true.
*slithers off to lurk some more*

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

WizzarTheRed wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:47 am
I remember someone once said that Eva has a sweet face when she isn't being a snake. Eloise's face in the third panel seems to share that attribute.

Must be a model thing.
Maybe, look at Sharon Stone or Charlize Theron, sweet faces but when they play villain, shit is serious... Both come from modeling backgrounds. :-?
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...