Dangerously Chloe 12-02-18 Outside Her Curriculum

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 12-02-18 Outside Her Curriculum

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! Abby tries to adjust to her new mature physique. Ilsa explains her motives to Chloe.

Varanus

Re: Dangerously Chloe 12-02-18 Outside Her Curriculum

Post by Varanus »

She's been obsessed with boobs all this time and it took her that long to recognize she had them now? She looked down and saw she couldn't see her feet and yet acted like some unknown force was obscuring her vision rather than easily recognized flesh? I didn't think Abby's obliviousness could surprise me any more and yet here we are. If I were the writer I would have chosen different wording, keep Abby silly but not make it sound like she's half blind.

I wonder just how much Ilsa's views on attachments and sentimentality apply to succubi in general. I mean clearly most of them have emotional attachments, at least to their friends and mothers, even if said attachments can be rather twisted (heck their whole "don't have sex with a man you care about until after you learn to control yourself" cultural practice implies that it is normal for them to have some level of attachment and sentiment toward some people at least).

Richie

Post by Richie »

She's the lucky one. Some people can't see their feet due to their belly ;)

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

It's good to know Ilsa isn't completely oblivious. Up until now she never seemed to notice how Chloe wasn't really all that malevolent.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

I didn't think I'd find a character dumber than Pearl: http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=122517

This makes me think that Abby, all this time, was just destined to be a bimbo. She had no hopes in school, no real future, her goal in life was to be a stupid, slutty, big-tit whore who sucked dick for dimes. This has just accelerated her schedule, that's all. Now she has the body to match her mindset.

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

That's.... a bit of a stretch isn't it? Children are all about shortsightedness. Why would you think about what you're going to do ten years from now when ten years is roughly your entire lifetime(Well Abby is a little older but....) Though yes, she certainly didn't take after her err... "brother"
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

joe england

Post by joe england »

I have to admit... I'm kind of anxious for Chloe to show some backbone. I mean, I really sympathize with her position. She's an intrinsically good person trapped in a society which won't tolerate her moral impulses. It's a real nightmare for a nice girl like her.

But then again, she never actually DOES anything about it. She just whimpers and cringes whenever she's forced to do something reprehensible, but doesn't bother to stand up to these evil forces running her life. Is there really no way for her to go rogue? We've seen other succubi and even angels get away with stuff their superiors probably wouldn't tolerate, and Chloe does try to bend the rules when she can, but when her drill sergeant barks at her she simply falls in line. She's utterly resigned to being stuck in this sadistic system, as if there's no point in rebelling because that's just the way it is.

I'm not saying it would be easy, but there has to be a way out. She's gained some allies. And with her disposition it doesn't seem unreasonable to think that she could eventually convince powerful members of the forces of good to lend her aid. I'm sure many angels would consider it a feather in their cap to rehabilitate a demon, and those monster-hunting school girls show a degree of flexibility. Sure, there's a big trust issue between them, but it's not like she's happy damning people to Hell. At any rate, it's pretty obvious the supernatural bureaucracy isn't a flawless machine. In fact, it looks pretty clunky and prone to error. Couldn't she muster the courage to think outside the box?

Sooner or later something's got to give. Little Abby's just been claimed as a minion of darkness, consigned to the very same system, and I'm sure Chloe doesn't want to take that lying down. So when's she going to stand UP?

brasca

Post by brasca »

Show some backbone? This is Ilsa we're talking about. The only reason why Chloe has been allowed to be in the outside world for so long is she thought this was some kind of great scheme to destroy Teddy's soul and if Ilsa thought otherwise she'd be recalled immediately. The only reason Chloe isn't in trouble now is Ilsa thinks she just got attached to Teddy's sister in the process of her assignment.

And seriously what can Chloe do? Her whole life she's been told this was her nature. She might've had a chance when she was with Brooke and Nina, but the doom panties arc ruined that potential good influence. She hasn't had very good experiences with angels so she really can't seek help there and I doubt the cryptid hunters at Artemis Academy are interested. This is beyond defecting from one nation to another.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:45 am
Show some backbone? seriously what can Chloe do? Her whole life she's been told this was her nature.
Brooke's been fighting her nature since childhood and, excluding the incident with Ash (who went out of his way to provoke her), she's been successful. Likewise, Layla and her family have learned to adjust their feeding habits so their victims are left relatively unharmed. And Ace seems to live off human food, rather than feeding on humans themselves.

Granted, that's only three examples, but we have evidence of cryptids who have successfully learned to curb their baser instincts to blend in with humanity. Four, if we include Adora, who also seems to have adjusted.
brasca wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:45 am
she really can't seek help there and I doubt the cryptid hunters at Artemis Academy are interested.
Tiff is best friends with Layla, whom she also allows to feed on her regularly. The student council currently has a half-witch as their president, someone on the faculty is a colleagues of the CH principal and, just recently, Tandy and Gabby were willing to cut Chloe a break after hearing Abby's story.

If Chloe hadn't run off with Abby, they might've been willing to help her.

Hescotti

Post by Hescotti »

Chloe is just not cutting it as an evil succubus, and that's finally being recognized by other characters. Ultimately, she's going to be put on trial and forced to admit she's a decent, kind person after all - which by the standards of the warm place, makes her a total failure.

At which point, Pandora will have to chose between sticking beside her best friend or sticking a knife in her back.

It would also be a chance for the bumbling comic relief on the halo-and-harp team to do something right for a change and lend a hand.

This has been one of the driving tensions of the comic all along - Chloe's basically good nature vs. the expectation for her to do bad.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Why is she confused? She knew this was going to happen. That's why she signed the contract in the first place.

Does Abby have a disease that eats away her ability to retain memories, and the age-up just accelerated it to the point that she can't remember things from five seconds ago?
**== **== **== **==

Mr Picky

Post by Mr Picky »

MoonshadowDark

Post by MoonshadowDark »

I don’t think Abby is coming back with Chloe....

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

I find the suggestion that Chloe “show some backbone” to be hilariously naive.

Seriously. How exactly would that go?
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Gotoh wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:35 am

Tiff is best friends with Layla, whom she also allows to feed on her regularly.
But Chloe was never Layla's friend, she was Nina's. So, unless Nina successfully convinced Layla to help out Chloe - and Layla was willing to brainwash her own best friend to fight against demons in her sister's stead (highly unlikely) - Layla probably wouldn't lift a finger to help.
The student council currently has a half-witch as their president
Who doesn't have a good history with her, as Melissa pulled a prank on Chloe in high school - and probably because an older version of Chloe had ruined her ice cream when Melissa was a child. So, no help there.
someone on the faculty is a colleagues of the CH principal
Chloe is no longer a student at CH - so, why should CH bother getting involved in this mess?

The only one who could help Chloe in this case is Chloe herself.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.