Dangerously Chloe 5-02-18 Sign This Contract

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Kisai

Re: Dangerously Chloe 5-02-18 Sign This Contract

Post by Kisai »

Zorlond wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:33 pm
It's also possible that succubi are just naturally wired to be okay with sex with anyone/thing on command. Kinda like how apes can be taught to sign-language, and can have a simple conversation, yet never ever ask questions (because they're not wired that way). Different species, man. Which, of course, is going to be even worse for Abby, having been born human.
That's probably overthinking it.

That's how Chloe got written out of Eerie Cuties http://www.eeriecuties.com/strips-ec/This_is_so_sudden , by being sent to Tatarus, to learn to control her powers, etc.

The thing is, at least in the world that EC/DC/MC exists in, monster's are adept at passing for human by default. By transforming giving a human Succubus powers, and by unlocking their powers unchecked, we get a repeat of Chapter 7 of Eerie Cuties doompanties arc, without the mcguffin doompanties. The thing is, "all your succubus powers unlocked" was said, not "transformed into a full succubus". It's very likely that the body can be molded in this universe, but it doesn't change the nature of that who was transformed. Look at Kade and Ace in EC, neither of them actually changed their nature when transformed.

So the logical prediction here is that Abby still doesn't get a "when", be that "right now" or "in 4 years" or whatever.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

i still say some of you have never met a kid before in your lives lmao..have you ever seen diary of a wimpy kid? or lets go older, treasure planet? kids are ALWAYS thinking short term. heck have you never read a childrens or teen novel!?

SHE'S 12.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Geez, she should know how to sign in cursive by now. It's really so much easier that way than printing it. Primary education just ain't what it used to be, I guess. >Sigh!< :-?

Calaron

Post by Calaron »

'J' wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:01 am
Time for a spin-off?
They'll call it AC: Abby's Clueless.

Love that expression on Ilsa's face in the last panel. That is the smile of someone who is satisfied with a job well done and happy to watch the results play out.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

BlairFan wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:02 pm
Geez, she should know how to sign in cursive by now. It's really so much easier that way than printing it. Primary education just ain't what it used to be, I guess. >Sigh!< :-?
Not to mention it takes longer to finish a printed word than it does to scrawl a name; meaning Chloe should have been able to stop Abby before she had a chance to finish signing the contract.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Kids don't learn cursive anymore, period. I guess signatures would follow... I suppose the future is emoji signatures.

...although, my father was born in the Truman administration, and his signature is printed.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Zorlond wrote:
It's also possible that succubi are just naturally wired to be okay with sex with anyone/thing on command.
If so, the whole "how do we get Chloe deflowered" arc would be nonsense, as she could have done it with an angel - but she's not OK with sex with an angel.

I have thought of a possible out for Abby, here. She's under age - is her signature on a contract even legal? Yes, I know, local laws and all that, but Heaven and Hell do seem to follow a lot of them.

brasca

Post by brasca »

TwoWayStar wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:50 pm
i still say some of you have never met a kid before in your lives lmao..have you ever seen diary of a wimpy kid? or lets go older, treasure planet? kids are ALWAYS thinking short term. heck have you never read a childrens or teen novel!?

SHE'S 12.
Agreed and I have to wonder how this contract could be legally binding if Abby is underage. If it were that easy demons would be handing out contracts for bicycles and X-boxes. However, there may be a loophole on account of what Abby did to alter herself. Human children are probably off limits to demons, but once she injected herself with succubi and reaper blood she became a hybrid whom the rules no longer apply.

Storm-forge mystique

Teddy is also underage under Canadian law, though, or he wouldn't have needed a fake ID to strip, so presumably that's not an automatic deal-breaker, although I can see how Hell might honor a 16-year-old's contract (and marriage) but not a 12-year-old's (especially with succubi considered to mature at 14); then again, if they have a low age limit for binding contracts, no reason it couldn't be 12. Presumably Ilsa knows what she's doing regardless. And even if the contract is nullified by whoever the pitchfork arbitrates these things, that might not make her human.

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

FuzzyFace wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:18 am
Zorlond wrote:
It's also possible that succubi are just naturally wired to be okay with sex with anyone/thing on command.
If so, the whole "how do we get Chloe deflowered" arc would be nonsense, as she could have done it with an angel - but she's not OK with sex with an angel.
Except Chloe was raised on Earth. Pandora, who clearly wasn't raised on Earth, has no problem at all with doing it with angels, even seeks them out. I also get the feeling all the other succubi would happily join her, if they actually knew how to trick their way into Heaven like Pan does.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Exactly how would the location of where a succubus was raised influence who they slept with? Chloe may have been living on the Earthly plain; but she was raised by her mother, a full fledged succubus - who very much embraced her demonic leanings.

I think Chloe's opinion that demons and angels don't mix is a practiced belief between both demons and angels; and Pandora (and the angel dude she loves to shag) are the only ones who overlook the rule.
brasca wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:53 am
Agreed and I have to wonder how this contract could be legally binding if Abby is underage. If it were that easy demons would be handing out contracts for bicycles and X-boxes. However, there may be a loophole on account of what Abby did to alter herself. Human children are probably off limits to demons, but once she injected herself with succubi and reaper blood she became a hybrid whom the rules no longer apply.
I think the more probable loophole would be that she signed the contract with her nickname (Abby) and not her legal name (Abigail).

brasca

Post by brasca »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:34 am
Teddy is also underage under Canadian law, though, or he wouldn't have needed a fake ID to strip, so presumably that's not an automatic deal-breaker, although I can see how Hell might honor a 16-year-old's contract (and marriage) but not a 12-year-old's (especially with succubi considered to mature at 14); then again, if they have a low age limit for binding contracts, no reason it couldn't be 12. Presumably Ilsa knows what she's doing regardless. And even if the contract is nullified by whoever the pitchfork arbitrates these things, that might not make her human.
Teddy may be underage under Canadian law, but if there's any biblical rules in place being over the age of 13 probably makes him fair game.
Fluffy wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:01 am
Exactly how would the location of where a succubus was raised influence who they slept with? Chloe may have been living on the Earthly plain; but she was raised by her mother, a full fledged succubus - who very much embraced her demonic leanings.

I think Chloe's opinion that demons and angels don't mix is a practiced belief between both demons and angels; and Pandora (and the angel dude she loves to shag) are the only ones who overlook the rule.
brasca wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:53 am
I think the more probable loophole would be that she signed the contract with her nickname (Abby) and not her legal name (Abigail).
I seriously doubt a contract drafted in Hell could be nullified in such a way. She signed it in blood so that definitely counts for something.

Storm-forge mystique

Not to mention, a signature doesn't even have to be your name, let alone your legal name. There's a reason most people's are scribbles.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

But, in order for a contract to be binding, the name on the contract needs to be the legal name of the person signing it (or, their confirmed signature - legible or not). Nicknames shouldn't suffice.

But, in this comic - such things will probably be overlooked for the sake of plot. And, as Brasca mentioned, the fact the contract was signed in blood has to count for something.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Also, it's an infernal contract. Human standards of proper procedure probably don't apply.

Human concepts of what is fair and right are certain not to apply.