Dangerously Chloe 22-01-18 Tears of Pain

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Judanas

Re: Dangerously Chloe 22-01-18 Tears of Pain

Post by Judanas »

Cortez wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:42 am
I wonder why they decided to make Abbey and Teddy's mom the "bad guy" after the divorce? Especially since she was the one who was cheated on.
I believe it's less that she's the 'Bad guy' and that as she's the non-interactive (Relatively speaking, the father at least turns up sometimes) parent. For a growing child, that's likely kinda depressing and won't make you particularly inclined towards that parent. That and the father wasn't exactly a bad guy either, being literally mind controlled and all.

Castamir

Post by Castamir »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:38 am
Even given the supernatural element of this comic; what 11 year old in their right mind would want to willingly condemn their souls to Hell, just for the chance of having a massive rack (Abby's entire reason for injecting herself with the succubus/reaper blood, in the first place)?
Every single one? 11 year old girls don't tend to be epitomes of rational thinking.
I hate dancing, but for your grave I can make an exception.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

What child is? But, there's a huge difference between what most kids strive for at that age and what Abby is aiming for.

Also, speaking as a girl - I can assure you that at eleven, my bust size was the last thing on my mind. I'm not saying girls don't obsess over their bust size; but to say all of them do is jumping to conclusions.
Judanas wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:07 pm
Cortez wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:42 am
I wonder why they decided to make Abbey and Teddy's mom the "bad guy" after the divorce? Especially since she was the one who was cheated on.
I believe it's less that she's the 'Bad guy' and that as she's the non-interactive (Relatively speaking, the father at least turns up sometimes) parent. For a growing child, that's likely kinda depressing and won't make you particularly inclined towards that parent. That and the father wasn't exactly a bad guy either, being literally mind controlled and all.
But that's why people are saying that the mother is being made as the bad guy - as she seems to have completely abandoned her children after the divorce.

Why is she not more of a part of her kids' lives? Where did she go? Hell, how did the father get custody of his kids when he's rarely home (only making sporatic visits to check in on them, leaving his sixteen year old son to essentially raise his eleven year old sister)?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Maybe because he makes more money and was therefore assumed to be better capable of providing the children with a stable home environment -- or at least it allowed him to hire better lawyers.
Or the mother saw too much of her cheating ex in the kids and washed her hands of them. Not every woman who gives birth is truly a mother.

capicoli

Post by capicoli »

Oh abby if you spent a month in Teddy shoes you would probably call the hunters back. It's astounding how he tolerates Chloe let alone Pandora. Abby is blind to all the negative consequence especially since thing like becoming a big busty girl is something she would want where teddy was against it because he was a guy.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Zorlond wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:29 am
It might be a strictly temporary thing, either going right back to normal after a time or a slow dwindling in size. Though succubi might keep a percentage of the growth permanently, just small enough that it takes a very long time to get unmanageable.
Given that Chloe has previously demonstrated at-will shapeshifting powers, it seems like a fairly meaningless statement anyway. At most, succubi who make someone weep get a brief symbolic surge.

Anyhow... It’s a mildly weird feature of Pixietrix comics that almost all the mortal human characters behave like they’re an age band or two younger than they are. The twenty-somethings in Ma3 act like hormone-addled late teens, the new graduate Ruby acts like a mid-teen who’s just shifting from “eeuurgh, sex sounds gross” to “hey, sex sounds fun”, and the 11-year-old Abby has the emotional maturity of a five-year-old. I think it’s the result of writers with a thing for school stories writing about adults.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

At-will shapeshifting might apply, but we've already see what happens when Chloe 'sucks in the girls' for too long.
http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... -busted-up

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

But that's completely sucking them in. Shifting to something slightly smaller probably won't affect her much.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

True... But if her default cupsize is enhanced, prolonged shifting might cause discomfort.
Eesh. Ultimately, a succubus who bathes in too many tears might be telegraphing her ability to cause misery to anyone who can read the signs. It'd be like a poisonous animal's colouring; "don't mess with me, I can mess you up."
Useful in some situations, for instance when dealing with potential enemies and to establish dominance among their own kind, but bloody inconvenient when facing informed prey and foes willing to take the risk - or angered by the display of cruelty.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

lordoffiling wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:16 am
I’m wondering what you all were like at eleven, in terms of understanding the world around you and making decisions.
I was busy planning for law school, because some of us pick a career early. Of course, I grew out of that phase and decided I'd rather sell hand-made vases. My point is, I was slightly indecisive at age eleven. I still wasn't bawling my eyes out at a so-called "role model", trying to guilt them into letting me destroy my entire life.
**== **== **== **==

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

lordoffiling wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:16 am
I’m wondering what you all were like at eleven, in terms of understanding the world around you and making decisions.
I would, if offered everything I wanted for the price of my soul and/or murdering people, have run away very fast.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

If this storyline allows Lucretia to come back I'll be very happy, I miss her. Maybe she's been bathing in tears daily to try and outclass Chloe.

Teerack

Post by Teerack »

makes the fact Chloe ruined that family even more sad now v.v

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Though Chloe is responsible for causing the divorce; she can't be held accountable for how the mother treats her own children after the fact.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Ah, yes, the pain oft being merely human, I have often felt that myself. I wish I had an easy answer for that. Perhaps Abby needs to slow down enough to contemplate, and then realize that her fate isn't nearly as dire as she thinks now. :-?