Dangerously Chloe 18-01-18 Change Her Back

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Stoic Sage

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-01-18 Change Her Back

Post by Stoic Sage »

I almost wish that Abby had ended up at Artemis, it would be hilarious to see her wind up as a sidekick to the Mysterious Masked Academy Avenger.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Hey. I like the M.M.A.A.
Don't curse her with that millstone!

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

But Abby fawning over her might give Tiffany an idea on just how obnoxious she is when she does the same thing to Melissa.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Tiffany at least gives something back, which makes up for her annoyances. Actually, she gives a lot back. Abby used to give something beneficial, but lately all she gives is trouble!

Mind you, if she went the 'Decoy' route, she might be useful...

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:52 pm
But Abby fawning over her might give Tiffany an idea on just how obnoxious she is when she does the same thing to Melissa.
Tiff's last interaction with Mel was ages ago, before MC went on indefinite hiatus.

Besides, Mel was in need of reform and we were told she wasn't gonna do it on her own.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

You seriously can't be giving Tiffany credit for convincing Melissa to accept her Magical Girl status; because, last I checked, this was something Melissa embraced on her own terms - and that happened during her battle against Cerise. Before then, she was largely rejecting it - always forced into performing good deeds, as a result.

Ever since Melissa first transformed into her Magical Girl persona (against her will, I might add), Tiffany has been nothing but a salivating fangirl; and Melissa has shown nothing but disdain for her enthusiasm - whether it would be her gushing over her transformation, or literally being forced into participating in physical training - something of which Melissa was especially vocal against, which Tiffany chose to blatantly ignore.

Even after accepting her role as the new magical Girl, I think it would be grossly out of character for Light Melissa to embrace Tiffany's rabid fan-gasms every time she did anything remotely heroic.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Tiffany did provide useful intel and training...

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:57 pm
You seriously can't be giving Tiffany credit for convincing Melissa to accept her Magical Girl status
I said she was in need of reform, which is a different subject from accepting being a magical girl.
Fluffy wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:57 pm
last I checked, this was something Melissa embraced on her own terms
No, she didn't. That happened as a result of Cerise injecting her with Hecate's dark essence, which forcibly separated Mel's "good" side with her evil side. The same way Ash wasn't into guys, until he was zapped by Mel's wand.

On her own terms, Mel wanted nothing to do with heroism. The one time she realized she was starting to give sh*t about something besides popularity, she refused to accept it and literally ran for the door (Vol.3). And later, Tandy had to tell Mel how selfish she was behaving to get her to save the school (Vol.4).

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Error of Logic wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:57 pm
Tiffany did provide useful intel and training...
Not sure about the intel, but that training was given against Melissa's will - usually taking place while she was asleep (which Tiffany somehow managed to overlook). And, when she was conscious during training, Melissa spent the entire time complaining/begging to stop/giving Tiffany death glares.

Given all that, I somehow doubt Melissa is thankful for Tiffany's contribution.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

She did not seem quite as unhappy with it when the training kept Rain from beating her black and blue, as well as the other training matches. Certainly, it wasn't her thing, but she used it readily enough to score victories. And knowing her competitive nature...

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Error of Logic: Pretty much. She hated being forced to follow Tiff's workouts, but reluctantly admitted to benefiting from the results.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Pretty sure that panel you linked to is Melissa acknowledging that the wand is the result of her new found fighting skills, popularity and better grades; not Tiffany.

Tiffany may be dragging her out to train; but it's the wand that is making Melissa do it all physical work.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:44 pm
Tiffany may be dragging her out to train; but it's the wand that is making Melissa do it all physical work.
And without Tiff, Mel wouldn't have had anyone to instruct her, that's why the wand agreed with Tiff (panels 4 and 5).

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

But that's the point. Melissa isn't calling the shots - the wand is. Why would Melissa thank Tiffany for anything when it's the wand that is forcing Melissa to cooperate?

As it stands (in universe), the way Melissa views it, she owes her newfound popularity/grades/fighting prowess to the wand that controls her; not Tiffany - the squeeing fangirl who is blind/deaf to how much Melissa hates (to the point of repeatedly voicing her disdain) the physical training she puts her through and the magical girl role that has been forced upon her.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:46 pm
Why would Melissa thank Tiffany for anything when it's the wand that is forcing Melissa to cooperate?
Because without Tiff's lessons she wouldn't have learned martial arts. It's that simple. Remove her from the equation, and the wand wouldn't have had anyone for Mel to copy from.