2017-11-07 Loved to confuse people

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Spidrift

Re: 2017-11-07 Loved to confuse people

Post by Spidrift »

That's IF, though, isn't it?

(I'd have thought that this would have been studied by now. Psychologists seem to love twin studies.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

otaku247

Post by otaku247 »

Taken from 22-09-2017 Sort of hit it off...
brasca wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:04 am
otaku247 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:36 am
Don't forget Lavali also, I'll wager she will see Sandra and Aaina together somehow and end up consoling herself while, uh, "reporting" the fact back to Eva
Why should Lavali care at this point? As far as she knows she's got a girl that makes other 10's green with envy. I could, however, see her try to bring Eva to a double date in an effort to showoff. I'm not sure if Eva would agree since she wants to lure Sandra over to her side and this would be the opportunity to do it, but this might be too soon. She wants to avoid Zoe making a connection.
Well given the blush in the last panel I guess this is where we find out if she has the same feelings for Aania as she still clearly does for Aaina, and whilst not exactly the scenario I posited it's interesting Lavali is being brought in to this arc, and I can't wait to see Eva exploit this somehow for her own gain. Delicious turn of events ;))

brasca

Post by brasca »

It looks like Aania has feelings for Lavali which is a bit of a complication. With Aaina it was an unrequited crush that seemed to dissipate after she hooked up with Eva, but now there's another girl that looks just like her and might like her back.

Wonder why she was angry before Lavali mistook her Aaina.

someone

Post by someone »

The previous page has her tagged as Aaina.

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:26 pm
So parents being silly happens.
One of my favorite historical example of silly parents is this guy. All his first names together phonetically sound like a phrase that could be translated as "martial like Hannibal, carry on my glory". You just know his dad wasn't the humble type.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

vampire hunter D wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:20 pm
Isnt it a bit late in the story to be introducing someone new though?
She was mentioned waaaaaaaaay long before:
http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... e_problems
someone wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:04 am
The previous page has her tagged as Aaina.
This was done to avoid spoilers. If I had tagged Aania in the last strip, everyone who reads that would know it's not Aaina and that would just ruin the mystery of that strip (the bane of name tagging). And this will remain for new readers who. My take on it is it's tagged Aaina because Lavali thinks she's Aaina in that strip and thus the readers do too... until now.

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Yeah, otherwise they'd have been a legion of forumite pointing out "You misspelled Aaina in the tag section !".

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

rogermart wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:27 pm
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:26 pm
I don't know. I can see parents doing it. My own mother would've done something similar with twin boys (Christopher Anthony & Anthony Christopher had her hoping for twin boys :p).

Dad's a twin and his name rhymes with his twin.

So parents being silly happens.
I know twins called Saray Araci/Aracy Saray, twin brother and sister called José María/María José and three brothers called Raymond E. (Ernest, Edward and Ethan), so I definitely believe this.
I work with some people, who all the sons in the family have the same first name (I believe after the father) and they go by their middle names.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:38 pm
That's IF, though, isn't it?

(I'd have thought that this would have been studied by now. Psychologists seem to love twin studies.)
Quick google search says percentage is almost at 50/50 of them both being gay and that genetics is thought to be just a part of it, not the only reason of.

So, with odds on about 50/50 leaning just slightly towards them both being the same, it would seem the odds are good enough for them both to be gay.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Fair enough. Sounds plausible to me. Thanks.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Epigenetics is a big part of the reason that identical twins don't always have the same orientation. Two people can have the same genes but experiences in and out of the womb can affect how each of them expresses those genes. Example: if one twin got more nutrients in womb, the deficiencies in the other twin will likely cause that twin to overexpress or underexpress a gene which can lead to all sorts of differences.

Cosidering that homosexual brains tend to look more like a straight brain of the opposite gender*, epigentics can actually cause very obvious and visual differences between people.

* Straight male brains tend to be asymmetrical with the right half being larger. Straight women tend to have a more symmetrical brain. There are also more connections between the right and left hemispheres in straight women while straight men tend to have more connections front to back within the halves.

Enough science ramblings. Cute and silly strip today. Curious to see where things are headed.

Spacedoubt

Post by Spacedoubt »

TWINS BASIL

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

X3N0-Life-Form wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:12 am
Yeah, otherwise they'd have been a legion of forumite pointing out "You misspelled Aaina in the tag section !".
This didn't occur to me when I did that but yes, this would've definitely have happened ^o^

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Now to wonder whether Lavali can transfer her emotions to another person who looks almost exactly like her crush...

Reminds me of The Prestige. Would Aaina and Aania have strongly different personalities?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Given that Lavali’s attraction is pretty clearly simple physical lust — no problem.
---------
Spidrift