Dangerously Chloe 8-01-18 Be a Superhero

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

FuzzyFace

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-01-18 Be a Superhero

Post by FuzzyFace »

Not sure why we'd think Gabby and Tandy are *demon* hunters. Isn't AA a school for monster-hunters? It could well be that they'd had very little training as regard to demons; we know that they didn't get to practice fighting vampires. And even Faith hadn't been all that quick on the uptake with Layla, not realizing that she'd invited a vampire into her home.

And why are we saying that Teddy had summoned Chloe? He accidentally invoked some other kind of creature (presumably a demon lord) who then summoned Chloe.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

FuzzyFace wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:41 am
Not sure why we'd think Gabby and Tandy are *demon* hunters. Isn't AA a school for monster-hunters?
Not much of a difference, really. The terms are interchangeable for most people.
FuzzyFace wrote:
And why are we saying that Teddy had summoned Chloe?
They're going by what Abby told them and since Gabrielle's convinced that Abby was being honest, they have no reason to doubt her story. Plus, she might've forgotten to mention that she wasn't there to actually see how Chloe was summoned.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:24 pm
We've seen what she had done when Gabrielle and Tandy tried to hurt Abby; why would it be any different in Hell?
She'll be outnumbered by creatures with the same and/or greater powers. Some of which will know her.

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Gotoh wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:30 pm
That'd depend on the circumstances and whether I thought they were serious. But if my would-be killer was saying they changed their mind, I'd bank on them being sincere about it, unless I had reason to suspect otherwise.
OK I had a good chuckle over that, because out of context this sounds like a *really* dangerous attitude to have.

(sweetly) "Hey pal, you can come out now. I've put the knife away, I'm feeling much better now. You don't need to call the cops or anything. I'm really sorry about the stabbing."

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Right? You'd have to be ridiculously naive to trust anyone's word after they've held a knife to your throat. A smart person would deem that individual as a permanent threat that should be kept a wide breadth from.
FuzzyFace wrote:
Not sure why we'd think Gabby and Tandy are *demon* hunters. Isn't AA a school for monster-hunters?
That's what Tandy and Gabrielle referred to themselves as when addressing Abby. Blame it on the bravado that seems to be a common trait among all AA students.
Error of Logic wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:08 am
She'll be outnumbered by creatures with the same and/or greater powers. Some of which will know her.
And if Abby were taken to AA, she'd be outnumbered by AA students/faculty who may not all believe her sob story as easily as Gabrielle and Tandy had - most, if not all, trained to kill monsters/cryptids. If any of them are remotely competent and have more of an idea on how succubus work; more than a few could easily see Abby as a genuine succubus who enthralled two AA students into believing her fairy tale so as to infiltrate their school - and dispose of the girl in short order before she 'affected' anyone else. They'd all have to be shockingly stupid to take Abby (or Gabrielle and Tandy) at their word, alone.

So, given the option, I'd much rather see Abby in Hell (with Chloe - who's already proven she'll go through Hell and high water to protect the kid from any perceivable threats) than see her go to AA, surrounded by strangers who would just as soon kill her based solely on how she appears.

There's also the fact that, if the dimwitted duo took Abby with them to AA, they'd effectively be kidnapping her; as I doubt either one would inform Teddy where they took his little sister.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:06 am
Right? You'd have to be ridiculously naive to trust anyone's word after they've held a knife to your throat. A smart person would deem that individual as a permanent threat that should be kept a wide breadth from.
It isn't naive at all. It's been done countless times in film and in real life.

Ever see a standoff between two guys holding each other at gunpoint, until one lowers their weapon while trusting the other won't shoot? Larkan was nervous, but he lowered his gun first, because he was trusting his instinct that Poe wasn't really a killer and his hunch turned out to be correct.
Fluffy wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:06 am
And if Abby were taken to AA, she'd be outnumbered by AA students/faculty who may not all believe her sob story as easily as Gabrielle and Tandy had - most, if not all, trained to kill monsters/cryptids.
The students at AA have proven to be reasonable, they don't simply kill on sight. And you also forget that several of the student elite and faculty have close ties to cryptids. I'm pretty sure they'd be willing to give Abby the benefit of a doubt and see if her story checked first.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Does this mean Chloe has taken Abby to hell? I'm sure she could meet a lot of interesting folks down there! (I wouldn't mind seeing Chloe's mother Adora again.)
;-)

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Adora seems to be assigned to the mortal realm for the long term, given she 'raised' Chloe there and choose to send her to Charybdis, rather than Tartarus, until she temporarily went berserk.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

BlairFan wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:15 pm
Does this mean Chloe has taken Abby to hell? I'm sure she could meet a lot of interesting folks down there! (I wouldn't mind seeing Chloe's mother Adora again.)
;-)
Chances are, we'll be Lucretia soon; and odds are she'll probably mistaken Abby as Chloe's daughter.

Because jumping to stupid conclusions seem to be par on the course with the characters within this comic.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.