Post by Eisu »

LonestarF1

Re: 2017-11-03 Praise the Goddess

Post by LonestarF1 »

Whelp, I'm confused.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Well, from what I can make out of Lavali's speech bubble, it seems that on a day with tight deadlines, her ex Claire came back to her apartment for her toothbrush and an unpleasant argument ensued. Cue Lavali being in a bad mood and needing to vent. Sadly for her Aaina is also in a bad mood and not really up for this sympathetic ear thing.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Oh, Lavali. Noooooo. #-o Garçon will get you shot. Or at least a very snooty look.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

I’m confused. Where’s Sandra? Last we saw, Aaina has her hand on Sandra’s arm. Then suddenly she’s alone. I feel like we’re missing a page. Did Sandra not go with her? Why not? How majorly rude if she ditched her “lesbian lover” to flirt with someone else. Did Aaina just walk off? What happened???

brasca

Post by brasca »

You're not alone. The stamp has Marie, but she' nowhere in this strip. Aaina wasn't happy that Annette showed up and Sandra was getting flirty with her, but I don't think that would be enough cause for her to storm off.

And how cheap is Lavali's ex-girlfriend that she would need to return for a toothbrush?

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

The stamp has Marie
The dang server thing is acting up, I've uploaded a new stamp but it's refusing to show the new stamp until like, the server resets or whatever so it's showing the old stamp that has the same filename (the stamps are all filenamed for the days of update and an alphabet on it, and when it gets to a certain moment, it'll be overwritten with a new version that has the same filename and alphabet... this was the system that we've always used since the old server days and never really had a problem with it then but there's just something weird going on with this new server that we're trying to look into but at the same time everybody's super busy so we'll have to shelf it most of the time so, we'll do the best we can to try and fix it but til then, hope y'all can be patient and just turn a blind eye to certain discrepancies that you see... we know about it, we're trying our best to get to it.)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah, okay, narrative jump here. It's confusing, but one just has to take these things on trust and roll with it until All Becomes Clear.

Which means that the interesting question is What is the mistake that Aaina has to explain to Lavali? And the only one that seems interesting enough, and wouldn't be a lurch out of left field, is Lavali's catastrophic mistake in falling for Eva. In which case, the soap opera level is about to go through the roof. It'd certainly explain why she looks so angry in panel 1; she may well be very, very pissed off with Eva, if she's worked out the truth.

But how would Aaina know about that? Well, we now have her tagged as a cat burglar or similar, which means that she (a) would make a pretty decent spy, and (b) presumably pays a bit of attention to Parisian high society. And she's just been hanging out with Sandra, and presumably exchanging gossip. My guess is that she's picked up a few clues, put two and two together, and perhaps confirmed things with a little rooftop work.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Eisu wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:45 am
The stamp has Marie
The dang server thing is acting up, I've uploaded a new stamp but it's refusing to show the new stamp until like, the server resets or whatever so it's showing the old stamp that has the same filename (the stamps are all filenamed for the days of update and an alphabet on it, and when it gets to a certain moment, it'll be overwritten with a new version that has the same filename and alphabet... this was the system that we've always used since the old server days and never really had a problem with it then but there's just something weird going on with this new server that we're trying to look into but at the same time everybody's super busy so we'll have to shelf it most of the time so, we'll do the best we can to try and fix it but til then, hope y'all can be patient and just turn a blind eye to certain discrepancies that you see... we know about it, we're trying our best to get to it.)
That's okay, but just so we're clear this strip takes place immediately after the last one?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I’m sure that there’s some kind of time jump. I’d assume it’s of the order of an hour or two.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

someone

Post by someone »

A caption box with something like "later" could help here. At first I thought a page had been skipped. The transition is very abrupt, especially because there's a character in common between that scene and the previous, so it doesn't seem like a scene change at first.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

When an ex comes over for a toothbrush, the ex doesn’t want the toothbrush, the ex wants drama.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Now that I'm rereading the comics quickly, yes, this seems a big jump...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)