Dangerously Chloe 8-01-18 Be a Superhero

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Error of Logic

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-01-18 Be a Superhero

Post by Error of Logic »

I doubt there are any cures at Tartarus U., either...

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

I don't really know that it's implied that she's handing Abby over to sucubus school. I'm pretty sure that Chloe probably doesn't have a plan. Can't take Abby to Teddy's, because Tandy and Gabby will just grab her at the first opportunity. Slash stab is terrible and would only find the whole issue hilarious. Maybe they're off to Charybdis after a quick stop by hell...?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

BioYuGi wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:07 pm
Was Chloe not listening to fucking anything going on? The two were being incredibly reasonable given the situation and seemed fine with letting Chloe go and wanted to help Abby and her response was 'fuck ya'll I'm taking her to LITERAL HELL.'
What Chloe heard was her two would be assassins discussing taking Abby away to their school and Abby showing eager enthusiasm at the prospect of being trained as a 'super hero', when all Tandy and Gabrielle were doing was speculating what 'might' happen to Abby.

Chloe grabbing Abby and getting them the Hell out of there (and straight to Hell) was a smart move; as it got Chloe away from the threat, removed Abby from making yet another stupid decision and took them to a place where these two dunderheads couldn't pursue them.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:02 pm
Chloe grabbing Abby and getting them the Hell out of there (and straight to Hell) was a smart move; as it got Chloe away from the threat
How does (paraphrasing): 'I guess we can let this slide and try to get the kid some help' count as a threat? Neither of them were at risk, Tandy and Gabrielle were going to let Chloe go.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Dude, if someone just tried to kill you, you're seriously not going to see them as a non threat, just because they changed their mind.

As far as Chloe is concerned; Tandy and Gabrielle are still threats. Why else would she grab Abby and get the Hell out of dodge?

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Because frankly, NONE of the characters in this comic are exactly Mensa material.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:07 pm
if someone just tried to kill you, you're seriously not going to see them as a non threat, just because they changed their mind.
That'd depend on the circumstances and whether I thought they were serious. But if my would-be killer was saying they changed their mind, I'd bank on them being sincere about it, unless I had reason to suspect otherwise.
Fluffy wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:07 pm
Why else would she grab Abby and get the Hell out of dodge?
Either because she isn't thinking clearly, or simply because she's acting on impulse. Chloe has a history of doing both (hence, all the screw-ups she's made during the comic).

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Just because someone says they're not going to kill you, doesn't mean they're telling the truth.

Chloe doesn't know Tandy and Gabby well enough to take them at their word. They were planning on slicing her head off.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Not to mention taking Abby away to an undisclosed location (as I doubt Artemis Academy is a well known school to the general public) - and probably without anyone's knowledge/consent, either; making Gabrielle and Tandy a threat in Chloe's eyes; both to herself, and Abby.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

And yet taking her to Tartarus U. is not all that different...

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Never said it was; but at least Abby will be with Chloe - who has shown that she cares about Abby's personal welfare/safety. I sincerely doubt Chloe will allow any harm to come Abby's way.

If Abby had gone with Tandy and Gabrielle, however; there's no telling what would have been done with her. Tandy and Gabrielle could only speculate possibilities, and there's no guarantee that the headmaster would have bought Abby's story as easily as Gabrielle and Tandy had.
Last edited by Fluffy on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I have some trouble seeing Chloe as a better protector. Especially where they went.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

We've seen what she had done when Gabrielle and Tandy tried to hurt Abby; why would it be any different in Hell?

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Seems they left out the part were he UNKNOWINGLY & ACCIDENTLY summoned her. Seriously, that's a big part of the equation :p

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:19 am
Oh for the love of...Abby has got to have the attention span of a goldfish! These two incompetent monster hunters had every intention of killing her friend; now she's excited at the idea of training with them and becoming a super hero?

It's official - the kid is dumber than a bag of hammers.

And further proof that Gabrielle and Tandy are incompetent demon hunters - turning their back on the enemy, being clueless that that succubus can shapeshift (honestly, did they do any further research on their prey before going into this? They're demon hunters in training - supposedly trained by experts. They should have access to info about all sorts of cryptids at their disposal), and suddenly changing their minds about disposing of a threat because suddenly, it's the victim's own fault for summoning the demon in the first place and she's only hurting Teddy. Did they suddenly forget that Teddy's been enthralling half the school's population because of the succubus influence? because it sure looks that way.
Let's face it, these comics all have the same writers, so the same problems that Ma3 has with often featuring gags based in the moment without care for logic or continuity continuing here is to be expected. Now that I think of it, maybe turning away from the pure concentrated suckitude of TG!Teddy was only ever going to do so much to improve this comic; while abandoning that trainwreck was a relief, it didn't make Abby any smarter or those two anymore competent at their jobs. Or at least, it didn't mean the writers couldn't pull such stupidity out of nowhere to resolve a plot that would have ended very differently if anyone involved was even a little smarter.