Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

06-01-18 To pinning Roxie

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: 06-01-18 To pinning Roxie

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Well, Tess has a rather vivid imagination! She is one of the few characters not yet (unlikely to ever) seen in the reality of her imagining, but - at least to her thoughts - she is impressively passionate.
I quite like the appearance of Tess gazing in thought in panel 3; her expression is fairly neutral, however, has hints of what she is conjuring in her head

Perhaps being ageist, nevertheless, Damien seems noticeably older than his wrestling students... I suppose he has a strong physique, which counters his more wrinkled face. Perhaps he is similar in age to them and merely hasn't aged too well.

With that loud toast, surely Maura will notice her friend and trainer's presence? I guess restaurants can be really noisy, so the fact that the parties haven't noticed each other yet isn't *that* improbable... though, due to the close proximity, it is stretching believability a bit too far.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Tess and Marua appeared to be back-to-back and the booths they were dining in had somewhat high walls. Assuming they aren't dining in an establishment with non-Euclidean geometry in its architecture, I don't think they can see one another without actually getting up and passing by their table/nook. And while the toast was loud, it isn't out of place to hear in a fancier dining establishment. It's not like it was a platter of dishes crashing to the ground, just begging for a rubberneck reflex response. Or maybe if one of them laughed/spoke out in a way that the other would infallibly recognize the other's presence.

I agree though, that Tess looks great especially in Panel 3. I don't think I'd mind seeing if Panel 4 gets realized either. I just expect Damien to have hang-ups with getting physically romantic with students or some other conundrum.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

uzivatel

Post by uzivatel »

To think the last page had Maura fantasizing about Lynn Charming...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:02 am
I just expect Damien to have hang-ups with getting physically romantic with students or some other conundrum.
Damien's sexual behaviour still seems a bit enigmatic. He evidently has his share of heterosexual impulses, given that DiDi has an effect on him (I mean, sure, DiDi, but still), but he seems either to be oblivious of Tess and Maura's crushes on him, or to be able to let them slide while cheerfully exploiting them to keep the pair under his thumb. I mean, an amoral Damien who'd noticed could have banged them both six ways to Friday by now, while a Damien with serious ethics who'd registered their interest should really have told them firmly that he didn't mix business with pleasure. So he's either oblivious, sneaky, or weird.

As to the art - yeah, nice work on Tess, even if her expressions do remind me a bit of Peggy here. But it's Damien's underpants I'm worrying about. If imagined-Tess has, ahem, full access in panel 4, they must be pushed down his thighs (rather uncomfortably, I'd say, but I'm an old-fashioned boy with a preference for simple nudity), but the art makes them look to me more like they're well pulled up and, errm, filled, he's beanpole-tall, and Tess is bouncing up and down on the poor guy's belly. I'll guess and hope that the print volume deletes them altogether and makes what's supposed to be going on here a little clearer.

(Though I'm not actually hoping for a glimpse of Damien's nuts. My broad-minded heterosexual tastes only go so far.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Maboo

Post by Maboo »

*looks left* :-= *looks right*

I definitely saw male genitalia.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

So did I. In the shower this morning.

*rimshot*

But seriously - there are ... a couple of inked lines there, that could be meant to represent anything, or nothing. The art is a bit odd.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Looks like his bellybutton.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:36 am
worldshaking00 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:02 am
I just expect Damien to have hang-ups with getting physically romantic with students or some other conundrum.
Damien's sexual behaviour still seems a bit enigmatic. He evidently has his share of heterosexual impulses, given that DiDi has an effect on him (I mean, sure, DiDi, but still), but he seems either to be oblivious of Tess and Maura's crushes on him, or to be able to let them slide while cheerfully exploiting them to keep the pair under his thumb. I mean, an amoral Damien who'd noticed could have banged them both six ways to Friday by now, while a Damien with serious ethics who'd registered their interest should really have told them firmly that he didn't mix business with pleasure. So he's either oblivious, sneaky, or weird.
His best move, IMO is to act oblivious to their crushes unless they make some hard-to-deny moves on him, like trying to kiss him on the mouth or grabbing his crotch. Otherwise, he leaves himself open to responses like "What? I'm not into you like that! You're so full of yourself!!!" It'd be harder for Tess or Maura to make a reply like that if they'd just tried to kiss him hard in the mouth. I'm sure they aren't the first students to have crushes on him, and probably won't be the last. So obliviousness is best, until and unless said infatuated student tries to jump him. If they don't, then him being/acting oblivious allows them to save some face and at least continue a cordial teacher-student relationship.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Wow, take another look at Tess in the second panel. She almost looks like she's about to cry. She must have quite a thing for Damien. :-?

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

brasca wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:29 am
It doesn't seem all that long ago I first created an account because my interest in Penny & Aggie lead me to read this strip and the rest is history.
LOL Penny and Aggie who fused into Peggy, right? ;)
I think there are meanings & hidden references in most of the the cast's names, perhaps in all... I'm only sure of these ones:

1. Suzi (Zii) is half Susan Quatro and half Madonna's Susan from the movie
2. DiDi's name is a bra size (obvious, no?)
3. Peggy is a portmanteau of Penny and Aggie (Sonya revealed this one, in the 1st arc with Peggy)
4. Gary comes from 'Gary Stu' the male version of Mary Sue (fitting for a mc who's tailored after a typical harem story protagonist)

as for the others, many names are prolly references too but I cannot tell.....

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

themacnut wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:10 pm
His best move, IMO is to act oblivious to their crushes unless they make some hard-to-deny moves on him, like trying to kiss him on the mouth or grabbing his crotch. Otherwise, he leaves himself open to responses like "What? I'm not into you like that! You're so full of yourself!!!" It'd be harder for Tess or Maura to make a reply like that if they'd just tried to kiss him hard in the mouth. I'm sure they aren't the first students to have crushes on him, and probably won't be the last. So obliviousness is best, until and unless said infatuated student tries to jump him. If they don't, then him being/acting oblivious allows them to save some face and at least continue a cordial teacher-student relationship.
True enough, if he's not too interested in taking advantage in their crushes. (And he can probably not sweat it; he's clearly considered good looking by women in-universe, and in the Ma3 world, that means that he's not going to be very sexually frustrated.) But if he's noticed any signs at all of their interest in him - and given that Roxie certainly has, he'd have to be fairly blind not to - there are plenty of ways that he could lead them on a bit further without leaving himself open to accusations of harassment.

Of course, taking Tess out to dinner might be precisely such a first step on his part. If Tess wants to throw herself at him, this gives her private space for a run-up.
BlairFan wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:07 pm
Wow, take another look at Tess in the second panel. She almost looks like she's about to cry. She must have quite a thing for Damien.
I'm reading it as saying that she's very embarrassed to be celebrating defeating Roxie. Which is possible. For one thing, Roxie is a star of Damien's gym; having her bested by a relative beginner makes the place look bad. Also, we still don't know if there's any kind of connection between Roxie and Damien, but the way they talk to each other makes some of us think that they might be brother and sister; panel 2 could be Tess saying "Should I really be drinking to beating up your sis?"
---------
Spidrift

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:16 pm
Maboo wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:48 am
I definitely saw male genitalia.
So did I. In the shower this morning.
oh no don't start again...
this is like the time you started talking about a 'taste for sodomy in your ass'...
we don't care if you saw male balls first thing in the morning.....
Spidrift wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:16 pm
if he's noticed any signs at all of their interest in him - and given that Roxie certainly has, he'd have to be fairly blind not to - there are plenty of ways that he could lead them on a bit further
Roxie has... what? surely not given signs of *interest in him*?? :-o
this sentence is a bit confusing...

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Dang, that's one of the more erotic scenes Giz has drawn. I agree it looks a little odd with the way the boxers are creased, but look at the lines that portray his hips and where this thighs start. Also keep in mind perspective. Some of you see her riding on his stomach, but there's a clear indication of testes below Tess.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Which is kind of what’s confusing the issue, because I assume that if anyone says “depicts balls” to the bloody advertisers, their howl of existential terror will echo eternally through the void.
---------
Spidrift