Dangerously Chloe 4-01-18 I Know a Confession

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 4-01-18 I Know a Confession

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! Abby rushes to save Chloe by agreeing to all of Gabrielle and Tandy's demands and pleads for them to spare Chloe's life!

FuzzyFace

Re: Dangerously Chloe 4-01-18 I Know a Confession

Post by FuzzyFace »

OK, so the "Abby's puppy eyes win the day" appears, sadly, to be the solution. But... why? If they want to kill Chloe because demons must die, why would a promise to leave save her? You could have made a silly case for demon-Abby ("she's just a kid") but how does that apply to a full-grown demon who had just attacked them?

Fingers crossed that this is just a delay for stud-angel-Teddy to swoop in. Having the De Carlo family leave town is really kind of problematic, plot-wise.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

Okay, I'm glad Abby suddenly didn't get powers to dominate the others. But yeah, the crying puppy dog thing was the second-worst outcome.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Not really. They were already planning on taking it easy on her because she's a kid, so of course it would be effective.

Besides, it wasn't just that.

brasca

Post by brasca »

BioYuGi wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:37 am
Okay, I'm glad Abby suddenly didn't get powers to dominate the others. But yeah, the crying puppy dog thing was the second-worst outcome.
Well Gabrielle may have an ulterior motive in getting a second round with Teddi so perhaps that stab to her hand is wearing off.

I must say for someone that claims not to have esper abilities determining someone is lying by the taste of their tears seems like one although it's not really all that useful in combat.

Alexander Collins

Post by Alexander Collins »

She's licking Abbey's tears with a smile... I think I found someone else to hate other than Pandora. And like Pandora I want her to suffer and cannot stand that she doesn't...

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Okay, eww, it's really sick that Gabby enjoys the taste of tears. At least in South Park when they pulled that, they were trying to make the drinker out to be the most evil little shit on the planet so it made a twisted kind of sense. Here it just makes me wonder why we're supposed to want more of this character.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

I don't mind there is a stay of execution due to Abby's tearful plea - though, it is more genuine emotion from her than I can ever recall. Regardless, better that, than inexplicable power boost to rescue the supposedly more experienced mentor (DBZ can get away with it, but not even always, so this strip certainly has no grounds to do it).

The tear-tasting thing is weird; although Gabrielle has been established as sadistic in regards to emotionally tormenting her foster sister, there doesn't seem to be enough seen to justify her relishing the tears of an adolescent girl. Even if she views the girl as demonic, Tandy's reaction indicates it is not a - for lack of a better word - *normal* protocol when dealing with demons. So, to me, Gabrielle was already unlikeable, thus she has only added "bizarre" to my view of her.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:42 am
Okay, eww, it's really sick that Gabby enjoys the taste of tears. At least in South Park when they pulled that, they were trying to make the drinker out to be the most evil little shit on the planet so it made a twisted kind of sense. Here it just makes me wonder why we're supposed to want more of this character.
Yeah, though Cartman had a lot of development and, in spite of his malicious personality, likeability before they escalated his evil; at some moments before and prior couple seasons have made him a bit too *realistically* unpleasant, however, the point is that he had been given an enjoyable character that would allow the audience to find his villainy amusing.

On a tangent, there seems to be an occasionally apparent motif in this strip: using jokes or simple elements that have worked in other properties, but doing them completely wrong.

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

FuzzyFace wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:47 am
You could have made a silly case for demon-Abby ("she's just a kid") but how does that apply to a full-grown demon who had just attacked them?
A full-grown demon that just lept to the defense of said kid whom they were threatening. There's got to be some lee-way for that.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

BioYuGi wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:37 am
Succubus powers are still at work here, though - just, like Teddy, Abby is clueless to the fact.

Gabrielle just tasted Abby's tears, after all. Whatever Abby tells Gabrielle at this point - lie or truth - will probably be taken as gospel truth; with Gabrielle believing her interrogation training has proven Abby in being completely honest, when it's actually the succubus influence working its mojo on her - just in a different way.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

bejammin2000

Post by bejammin2000 »

The thing that happened that everyone said and knew was going to happen?

Well, imagine my shock!

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

I'm behind on the lore. What's Artemis Academy, again?
**== **== **== **==

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Artemis Academy = school dedicated to training monster hunters of the future; both human and magically imbued.

Though you seriously have to question their training regime when two of the students repeatedly put their guards down when talking to something they think is a dangerous demon from Hell.
Alexander Collins wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:40 am
She's licking Abbey's tears with a smile... I think I found someone else to hate other than Pandora. And like Pandora I want her to suffer and cannot stand that she doesn't...
It's not just the content look on her face as she sucks on Abby's tears that weird me out; it's also the fact she seems to be delighting in the fact that a pre-pubescent child is pleading with her.

Add the pressing a sharpened knitting needle at the kid's throat moments earlier with the clear message what she intended to do to Abby if she didn't do as she and Tandy ordered, Gabrielle's creep factor has blown off the charts in this one strip.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Alexander Collins

Post by Alexander Collins »

What is the deal with PixieTrix making horrible characters that get almost no comeuppance whatsoever?