Dangerously Chloe 1-01-18 Titanium Steel Wool

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Re: Dangerously Chloe 1-01-18 Titanium Steel Wool

Post by Tenjen »

Next page be like:

*breaths in* that new page feel

*flee's back to general discussion*
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

brasca

Post by brasca »

vampire hunter D wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:36 am
And this will be when Naomi or Prudence shows up
Agreed, but we might be surprised with an intervention from Charity, Zachuriel, or possibly some other cryptid.

If not Chloe could just teleport back to Tartarus although that would leave Abby at their mercy.

Zafnak

Post by Zafnak »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:36 am

And their plan was to threaten a child they believed to be a demon causing mischief in the mortal realm...and then leave town? The sheer stupidity behind that plan leaves me dumbfounded.

Uh, no. The plan was to threaten a child they believed to be a mischief causing demon and make *her* leave town. Still, it is kind of a dumb plan..

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

That'll teach me to read something when I'm half asleep. LOL.

Agreed, though - it was still an incredibly stupid plan. The fact that these two girls thought they were intimidating enough to scare off a demon is laughable. Also, even if their plan was successful, what would scaring a demon out of town accomplish? If they did thorough research on succubis, they'd know how dangerous they are/can be. The fact that these self proclaimed demon hunters thought scaring the succubus out of town would have been the best course of action to take shows just how incompetent they are as demon hunters - as they're not disposing of an imminent threat; they're just sending it out into the world for someone else to deal with.

At least Gabrielle had the right idea on how to deal with Chloe after she was restrained; which kind of shows how ill prepared these two were for this, seeing as Tandy had no idea what they'd do if their plan failed and didn't bother bringing anything to slay the threat once it was captured.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

You know, since they said they plan to end DC at some point, this would be an interesting way to end it.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Killing a child—even a demon child—may not be something they’d have been willing to do. When they showed up they probably figured they’d just spook the little hellspawn back where it came from and be done for the day. Fighting a full-grown demon wasn’t something they planned on.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

wilddeath wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:45 am
I mean this is just me thinking but didnt we cut to abby and chloe shenanigans from a scene of teddy saying its time HE became the ultimate man by getting angel dna injected into him? Sure abby saving chloe seems like the set up here but... wouldn't teddy swooping in as a gorgeous hunka hunka burning lover boy be the punchline to that? Also a nice bookend from her saving him at the museum at the beginning of the story.
It would also be much more satisfying than the other solutions we've postulated. And since Gabby is now quite aware that angels exist, it would be fun to see her reaction. And would angel-Teddy suddenly be as bashful as angel boys have been shown to be? If so, his reaction to the girls' current state of undress would fit right in with the comic's sense of humor.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Well at least we know it's not regular string like some people thought it might be. Other than that I just want us to keep going with this subplot or at least another of similar intelligence and not-you-know-who-focused.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Jeez, I know this comic has gone to some extreme lengths to sideline the title character, but this is a bit far.
**== **== **== **==

Pier777

Post by Pier777 »

Kinda want most of the Artemis student body get thrown into isolation indefinitely. You know. Cuz. Assholes.

Kisai

Post by Kisai »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:12 pm
You know, since they said they plan to end DC at some point, this would be an interesting way to end it.
Not on a cliffhanger they wouldn't.

It's probably being setup for Abby to save Chloe with some succubus skill that we haven't seen. Through I wouldn't rule out them being teleported/time freeze out by deus ex machina.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Agreed - it'll be the puppy dog eyes, that will only be enhanced to the nth degree due to her new succubus abilities.

If she overheard what they had planned for her, Abby will probably turn Gabrielle an Tandy's plan to scare her out of town on them by telling them to leave town, themselves - and we'll never see them again after that point.

It's a good enough way to get rid of two characters without much muss and fuss.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Kisai wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:47 am
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:12 pm
Not on a cliffhanger they wouldn't.

It's probably being setup for Abby to save Chloe with some succubus skill that we haven't seen. Through I wouldn't rule out them being teleported/time freeze out by deus ex machina.
Well, I did mean by beheading Chloe and then sending her back to hell having failed her test.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Fluffy wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:12 pm
Agreed - it'll be the puppy dog eyes, that will only be enhanced to the nth degree due to her new succubus abilities.

If she overheard what they had planned for her, Abby will probably turn Gabrielle an Tandy's plan to scare her out of town on them by telling them to leave town, themselves - and we'll never see them again after that point.

It's a good enough way to get rid of two characters without much muss and fuss.
That's so clever, I'm worried it would be too much so for this comic. It seems like recently they've gone in all the stupidest possible directions to pad the running time and score laughs that completely miss their mark.