Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

OllieOrOlly

Re: Dangerously Chloe 28-12-17 Macrame Dungeon

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:00 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:42 am
"Macrame Dungeon" is a pretty nifty name - although, since when is this the anime-esque *saying attack while using it* strip?
Since and as long as the anime-parody “ninja with a wacky secret technique for every occasion” was on screen?
... It could be because I'm sleep deprived, but I don't understand what you mean. Usually, when you (not a general "you," rather you, Spidrift) correct someone, you provide a link to a previous strip that shows the precedent, which would resolve the uncertainty on the matter.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm not talking about specific precedents. I'm saying that the character is flagrantly a parody of the whole "anime ninja with cool ninja powers" archetype, and is therefore likely to manifest any of the archetype's usual features at any time, whenever the writer thinks it's funny.

One of those features is yelling out the names of fancy moves. "Macrame Dungeon" is a bit funny. And I feel like I've just murdered a poor innocent little joke.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

i couldnt read the first word, thank gosh its the name of the forum lol

WELP THAT DIDNT LAST LONG -shrugs and walks off eating popcorn-

Jason Waltrip

Post by Jason Waltrip »

Trying to make letters that are both pseudo-Japanese-y-looking and yet still readable as English letters is hard! Good thing I also made it the page name in the forum just in case.