Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

28-12-17 Now is not a good time

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: 28-12-17 Now is not a good time

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Maybe she has, but it seems like Zii has never not been in "the mood," regardless of circumstance; there were the times she refrained, due to statutory concerns with Izz, however, every other chance she had, she was the embodiment of DTF.
Love, DiDi? Yeah, I think we all know she has no actual understanding or even capability of feeling romantic love; hell, Zii and DiDi both have mistook base lust as love, maybe they are suitable for one another? ... Even saying that, I still don't like it.
Perhaps cruel of me, yet I do hope to see their delusional and superficial coupling fracture and fall apart.

Gorgeous artwork - excellent displays of the respective giddiness of Maura and DiDi, as well as the subtle concerns of Maura and Tess as they hold secrets back to avoid upsetting one another. Zii's dour mood is clear, though I still don't care; neither do I care about DiDi, but rather exceptional and amusing display of her barely contained disappointment and arousal.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I don't recall that Zii ever held herself back from Izzy for long, out of legal concerns; after all, Izzy has told her that she's 18. It's more that Izzy has shown an exceptional talent for teasingly pulling away at the last moment. Though Zii has maybe shown faint signs of realising that Izzy yet another dangerously obsessive type.

(Whether we see Izzy weaning herself off the annoying and dangerous "teenage teasing flirt" thing before the end of the comic remains to be seen. Maybe Terry will accidentally distract her just as a desperate Zii thinks "What the hell, one more deranged stalker can't do any harm".)

Anyway, we got the predicted jump - no surprise there - if only for a couple of frames so far. And Tess may actually be getting somewhere with Damian, while Maura looks like she's considering flexing her orientation a little out of fangirlness. (Well, she is an Ma3 character.) And DiDi and Zii are slowly being dragged toward the realisation that their "romance" is about as romantic as one of Matt's one-night stands, and less self-aware. Okay, plots move along, which is good.

And is it just me, or does DiDi bust in frame 3 tip over the line from "excessive" to "yeah, beachballs"?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

A "cold douche."

I hope Didi means a cold shower and not something else! :))

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

So, this is what the next few strips are going to be dealing with, eh? *Sigh* Cue everyone gloating and laughing real snarky that they always knew DiDi was nothing but a selfish egomaniac who deserves to die alone, horribly, and there was never any substance to her relationship with Zii. Not to sound like a broken record, but time was I might have vigorously debated either of these things and hoped aloud for her redemption, but still not today. Not any day in the future, very possibly. Let's all just think whatever we want to and hope for the best.

Interesting developments taking place over at the wrestling centre, meanwhile. Wonder how much serious attention will actually be paid to those plot points, though.
Last edited by LegendaryKroc on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoeNobody

Post by JoeNobody »

Curse you, Censor Steam! Curse you to heck!

(Reference link: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CensorSteam)

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

I think there's a lot more than steam going on if you look at their hands and consider the scenes (off or on-screen) before and after.

Quote removed. The DAMNed
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

AlexDenton

Post by AlexDenton »

I like how Didi's first reaction isn't "Oh no, my sextoy ... hum, I mean the person I love is upset, I need to comfort her, or at least I need to ask her what's going on". No, it's "I need to take care of myself".
"Hi. I'm NG Resonance. What would you like to talk about?"
"I like your music."
"I think you're lying."
"Hey -- I'm a fan. You're not supposed to argue with me."
"I'm supposed to make you like me. You like it when I argue."

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I think Didi deserves the criticism of looking out for herself first (her being hot & bothered after her training session) rather than actually ask Zii about her emotional state and the affairs that led to it. You know, the emotional connection that she craves in order to orgasm. Zii not being in the mood is rarer than a blue moon... rarer still because of Didi being her lover. The cold shower can wait, Didi. If you really love her, you'd support her.

It brings up the question: when Zii was crying in her hands, how much of her reflection - if any - was on how drunk she was on Didi? I personally don't think Zii has thought it out that far. I think she was just crying over the loss of her band and maybe a bit of how hard it would be to try to reconstitute it.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, she told Erik that her relationship with DiDi was the one thing that she hadn’t screwed up. Which is true enough, in the sense that it’s still ongoing, but does mean that she can’t call it a bad thing, because it’s the nearest to a good thing that she’s got. The fact that it was powering all the rest of the current round of screwing-up, and for that matter that her obsession with DiDi was the immediate cause of her relationship with Erik crashing, didn’t seem to cross her mind.

Actually, though, Erik seemed to take it as read that DiDi was at the heart of the problem. He guessed straight away, then didn’t bother saying any more about it — presumably because, meh, what are you going to say? Which makes him the one character who may yet have realised that whether DiDi is a “good” or a “bad” person is kind of irrelevant; she’s — well, “a force of nature” is the nice phrase, “utter bloody poison” is the nasty one.

(Though funnily enough, her failure to ask Zii about her problems here didn't worry me much. I mean, it wasn't especially nice of her, but, well, she' s an Ma3 character. I assume that if she nurses unacted desires for more than five minutes, parts start dropping off or something.)
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Now taking bets: how many months before this arrangement between Chastel and Nielsen ends?

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Zii's not in the mood for sex with Didi of all people? Hell has officially frozen over in this comic. And if this is the same evening, didn't Zii and Didi already have sex a few hours earlier when Zii answered her phone?

And I really hope we don't focus on the wrestling plot for too long. Kiley has been absent from the comic longer than the wrestling. And what happened to the Yuki/Matt and Gary/Tracy plot threads? To me it seems like most of the smaller but somewhat important plot threads in this comic are given the "draw and discard" treatment.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Okay, now would be the optimum moment for Didi for verify her claims that what she feels for Zii is actual love and not strictly physical by sitting down and asking Zii what has upset her so (off screen, of course - we don't need to see a repeat of the last few strips).

But, who are we kidding? Didi's last thought bubble wasn't about Zii, but needing an immediate cold shower because she can't go a single day without her orgasms. 8-|
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:04 pm
And is it just me, or does DiDi bust in frame 3 tip over the line from "excessive" to "yeah, beachballs"?
They're big, yes - but beach balls? No. Beach ball boobs would be perfectly round, and sitting higher up on the chest. Giz is great at drawing large breasts and make them look like they're affected by gravity.
Milnoc wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:43 pm
A "cold douche."

I hope Didi means a cold shower and not something else! :))
Come to think of it; knowing Didi - it's probably exactly what you're thinking.
Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:39 pm
Now taking bets: how many months before this arrangement between Chastel and Nielsen ends?
Months? LOL! Try days, if not hours.

Didi has never given much thought to how her lovers may feel if she dumps them to find another outlet for her orgasm fix. In Didi world, orgasms hold priority over other people's feelings.
Last edited by Fluffy on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

What? Who? Huh? Who are these people.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

samtheman wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:45 pm
And if this is the same evening, didn't Zii and Didi already have sex a few hours earlier when Zii answered her phone?
These are Ma3 characters. Once a day isn’t enough. Remember Yuki’s bout of swirly addiction?
To me it seems like most of the smaller but somewhat important plot threads in this comic are given the "draw and discard" treatment.
Hey, it could be worse. They could be Questionable Content characters.
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:10 pm
Spidrift wrote: And is it just me, or does DiDi bust in frame 3 tip over the line from "excessive" to "yeah, beachballs"?
They're big, yes - but beach balls? No. Beach ball boobs would be perfectly round, and sitting higher up on the chest. Giz is great at drawing large breasts and make them look like they're affected by gravity.
Okay, semi-deflated beachballs. I’m still pretty sure that DiDi has usually been looking a bit less grotesque than this recently.

(Though only Alex and Marie have ever managed a plausible in-universe reaction to DiDi’s bust, for some reason. Apparently the magic doesn’t work through a photograph.)
---------
Spidrift