Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2017-10-20 Dark Alley

Post by Eisu »

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Re: 2017-10-20 Dark Alley

Post by 'J' »

Well, someone is about to regret his recent life-choices.
Yet still, I live...

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Both Aina and Cammi are looking badass and scary here.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Whew, missed the opportunity to say this, so... belated Merry Christmas, everybody, and a Happy New Year!

Also, geez this just suddenly got kinda dark. Like something out of a Batman comic dark.

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

I got it... Aina's a Spiderman Villainess!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, that went about as well for the guy as everyone expected. Good bit of classic wordless action sequence art there; props to Eisu, who can put it in the resume if and when applying for a gig with a superhero comics publisher.

(There's probably a TV Tropes term for that arms-spread, legs-bent, hair-swirling drop pose that Aaina is pulling. Or if not, there should be.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Castamir

Post by Castamir »

Why would you take off motorcycle helmet before getting into a fight? Their visors are wide enough so you don't lose any real peripheral vision, and a helmet good enough for a motorcycle is also good for protecting your most vulnerable body part, that also happens to be targetted the most.

Helping against being recognized by witnesses/police in case you beat the perp too hard (pretty likely to happen) would also be a bonus.
I hate dancing, but for your grave I can make an exception.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:46 am
Also, geez this just suddenly got kinda dark. Like something out of a Batman comic dark.
I am VENGEANCE, I am THE NIGHT... I am... BATMAN!
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Castamir wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:17 am
Why would you take off motorcycle helmet before getting into a fight? Their visors are wide enough so you don't lose any real peripheral vision, and a helmet good enough for a motorcycle is also good for protecting your most vulnerable body part, that also happens to be targetted the most.
I think that there is a TV Tropes entry for heroes never wearing helmets. (I was reminded only the other night, watching the Punisher TV series.) Helmets are a wonderful invention for everyone except artists and lead actors.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Osaru Sensei wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:22 am
LegendaryKroc wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:46 am
I am VENGEANCE, I am THE NIGHT... I am... BATMAN!
Yes, very clever.

You know, Kevin Conroy does excellent work, but for some reason I've got real sick of his Batman portrayals lately. Maybe I'm just sick of Batman and he voices the Dark Knight in more than half the stuff he does.
Spidrift wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:32 am
Castamir wrote:
I think that there is a TV Tropes entry for heroes never wearing helmets. (I was reminded only the other night, watching the Punisher TV series.) Helmets are a wonderful invention for everyone except artists and lead actors.
Yes, such a trope exists. Here it is.
Last edited by LegendaryKroc on Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Trope or not, I love how this superhero style scenario is unfolding!

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

honestly!!!!!!!!!! they look so awesome!!!

GREAT JOB on the action, i feel like im looking at a movie still :3

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

This strip deserves this soundtrack.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

“Batman Dark”? Really? Just because the lights are down?

“Dark” is if somebody kills somebody or reveals childhood trauma or sonething. This is just a comedy change-of-pace “BOO!” scene.
LegendaryKroc wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:45 pm
Yes, such a trope exists. Here it is.
No it isn’t. Here it is.

Proofread, old chum. Proofread.
---------
Spidrift

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Castamir wrote:

Helping against being recognized by witnesses/police in case you beat the perp too hard (pretty likely to happen) would also be a bonus.
Ahhh, but you forget, helmets also makes great weapon, which it wouldn't be one if it's being worn. Notice in the third/fifth panel how her hand is behind the wall? Holding the helmet... to whack this guy with.