Dangerously Chloe 25-12-17 Clothes Jumping Thingy

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-12-17 Clothes Jumping Thingy

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:49 pm
What first kill? Tiffany has yet to kill a single cryptid.
She slew a kraken to save the Hellrune twins, remember? It's even alluded to in the title of that particular short.
Fluffy wrote:
I find it ridiculous that a school would teach their students to give demons/threatening cryptids a warning before disposing of them
So, again, you'd rather they kill cryptids indiscriminately on sight?
Fluffy wrote:
and, you can't get much more threatening that a sex demon
Hecate, Ana, Quintessa, and Tia all prove otherwise. So does Faith. She's human, but she's also an abnormally powerful esper, who Tiffany and the comic's editor have expressed concern about what could happen if she ever turned evil.

We can safely say succubi pale in comparison to any one of them.
Fluffy wrote:
nd no, I'm not buying they'd change the rules because a single witch disposed of a threat to their academy.
She's half witch, but not just because she saved their school. There was also Jacqui, who presumably helped the student council while they were stranded in the Bermuda Triangle, Tiff is knowingly best friends with a vampire, and someone among the faculty at AA is a colleague of the CH principal.

The fact that members of the student elite and teaching staff are on good terms with several cryptids is plenty of reason to make them rethink their policy.

detrius

Post by detrius »

Guys, these are fecking child soldiers and you're debating how they're supposed to eliminate supernatural threats in an ethical manner.

You can't fix a situation like this with a pretext that is already completely fucked up beyond repair.

Master of 7s

Post by Master of 7s »

Gotoh wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:38 am
And small child, or not, most people wouldn't fly into a frenzy the way Chloe's doing. If the child was legitimately being threatened, they'd be more likely to alert the authorities.
Gee, it's almost like she's a demon from hell or something. 8-|

Trying to apply human logic to non-human entities, real or imagined, is pure folly, and besides, what authorities are going to be appealed to here?

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Master of 7s wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:59 am
Gee, you'd think she was living in the human world or something.
Master of7s wrote:
besides, what authorities are going to be appealed to here?
They're at a public park. It shouldn't be hard to find a cop or two, especially since Abby has a phone with her. It worked in VC/PMS.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Gotoh wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:35 pm
@JoybuzzerX: I'd agree, except the AA students winning would result in Chloe being dead, which we already know isn't gonna happen since she's the main character. And they're definitely not gonna kill off a child character.

So I won't be surprised if Tandy and Gabby suffer a loss. It can easily be explained by the cryptids having natural advantages (i.e. enhanced speed, power, supernatural ability, etc.) to balance out the AA students' training.
Chloe could end up running away.

Master of 7s

Post by Master of 7s »

Gotoh wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:39 am
Gee, you'd think she was living in the human world or something.
Somehow I doubt that beings who traverse freely between varying planes of existence give much thought to human conventions unless it suits their agenda. At best, non-humans blend in so they can do their jobs without drawing unnecessary attention to themselves, at worst they simply don't give a damn. Chloe has been shown repeatedly to be just barely above a feral beast when her demonic instincts kick in, so going all claws and hellfire to protect Abby is completely consistent with her personality.
They're at a public park. It shouldn't be hard to find a cop or two, especially since Abby has a phone with her. It worked in VC/PMS.
Vampire Cheerleaders and Paranormal Mystery Squad are completely different universes.

Unless it has been established in this universe that the populace at large is aware of the presence of demonkin and that a school of psychics, espers, and demon hunters on the corner of 25th and Main is common knowledge, I don't forsee that line of inquiry getting very far. For as long as I've been reading the Eerie Cuties/Magick Chicks line of web comics it's been Buffy the Vampire Slayer rules. The only humans who know anything is going on are the ones who need to know.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Master of 7s wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:35 am
Somehow I doubt that beings who traverse freely between varying planes of existence give much thought to human conventions unless it suits their agenda.
And yet, we've seen the other cryptids maintaining a low profile by not drawing attention to themselves (1st panel 3rd panel). Which is also part of the reason Layla's parents wondered if Quintessa would be able to accept that vampire-kind had adapted to present day societal norms.

Even Brooke refrained from snaking out, 'til Ash went out of his way to provoke her. Chloe's been around each of them and should know what's at stake by instigating a battle and openly displaying her powers in public.
Master of 7s wrote:
Unless it has been established in this universe that the populace at large is aware of the presence of demonkin and that a school of psychics, espers, and demon hunters on the corner of 25th and Main is common knowledge, I don't forsee that line of inquiry getting very far.
How hard is to explain that a couple of teenagers were threatening a child? Nothing more needs to be said beyond that. It'd be up to Tandy and Gabrielle to explain why they did it and neither one could risk divulging the truth about their school.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

I thought it was established that this universe and the VC universe where one universe, with Layla being friends with someone on the PMS.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

We've been over this. Nothing in VC is canon to *C.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@JoybuzzerX: The part about Layla and Steph being friends only applies to VC/PMS' canon. In EC/MC's canon, the cheer vamps and PMS crew don't exist.

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Master of 7s wrote:

Trying to apply human logic to non-human entities, real or imagined, is pure folly, and besides, what authorities are going to be appealed to here?
We've been over this, DC doesn't exist in a vacuum, throughout EC & MC these characters have pretty much always been portrayed as "regular teenagers with quirks", with relatable human characteristics, be they values, attitudes, personalities, or just general behavior. You can't have protagonists that are supposed to be relatably human and be able to pull the "they're evil monsters" card when it's convenient. The most high profile "evil card" that's been pulled is petty and vain teenager Cerise getting high on evil juice, during which she committed rather despicable acts, including attempted mass murder. And yet, it's clearly been showed that she was not in her right mind during that, was actually forgiven in-comic after her evil spree (let's leave the debate over that for another time), and has otherwise be shown to simply be a bratty, impulsive teenager.

tldr; They have *not* been portrayed as non-human entities, so we get to apply human logic to them, albeit acknowledging their few quirks.

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

detrius wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:04 am
Guys, these are fecking child soldiers and you're debating how they're supposed to eliminate supernatural threats in an ethical manner.

You can't fix a situation like this with a pretext that is already completely fucked up beyond repair.
They're in training, but they aren't expected to actually go out and fight monsters. They're no more child soldiers than junior ROTC.
Gotoh wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:39 am
Master of7s wrote:
besides, what authorities are going to be appealed to here?
Even when the C-verse was considered with VC/PMS, Adam said PETM had no jurisdiction in Canada. Cryptids wouldn't call in PETM anyway since they'd be imprisoned at best.

When they were hunting for Nina, Ace told Kade, "We can't call the police! We're monsters!"
Gotoh wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:47 am
Master of 7s wrote:
Unless it has been established in this universe that the populace at large is aware of the presence of demonkin and that a school of psychics, espers, and demon hunters on the corner of 25th and Main is common knowledge, I don't forsee that line of inquiry getting very far.
How hard is to explain that a couple of teenagers were threatening a child? Nothing more needs to be said beyond that. It'd be up to Tandy and Gabrielle to explain why they did it and neither one could risk divulging the truth about their school.
Tandy and Gabrielle could just deny it. How would Abby explain her horns and wings?

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Reading this thread...

You ever get the feeling like some people just like to argue?
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

ven

Post by ven »

lordoffiling wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:04 pm
Reading this thread...

You ever get the feeling like some people just like to argue?
No, of course not, you are wrong

If this is the kind of rage that made Teddy move out for a while, I really hope she can "turn it off" after she won against those two. If she loses, there will be different problems to solve.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Gotoh wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:05 pm
Fluffy wrote:
What first kill? Tiffany has yet to kill a single cryptid.
She slew a kraken to save the Hellrune twins, remember? It's even alluded to in the title of that particular short.
Oh, please! Did you see the size of that thing? That's only the tip of one of its tentacles and I somehow doubt Tiffany - or the twins - could have held their breath long enough for Tiffany to kill the thing before running out of air.

My bet is Tiffany sliced that off, causing it pain to loosen its grip on the twins enough that Tiffany could grab them both and high tail it back to the surface before anyone could drown.

So, no - despite what the title implies, there's no indication/proof that Tiffany actually slayed anything; least of all,a kraken.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.