Dangerously Chloe 25-12-17 Clothes Jumping Thingy

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Linnah

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-12-17 Clothes Jumping Thingy

Post by Linnah »

Considering Abby greatly resembles Nina in Chloe's eyes, it's likely that she's already been very attached to her by default solemnly because she reminds her of her childhood friend.

You could even see that she's been calling her a lot of cutesy nicknames in the past few strips, it really shows that Chloe cares.

(Also considering how prone they are to dealing with strife on a daily basis, I'm surprised the Artemis Uniform isn't fireproof)

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Gotoh wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:53 am
I'm still waiting for someone to explain where this all sudden aggression and over-protectiveness is coming from, because I don't recall Chloe having this strong an attachment to Abby before.

Chloe's been calling Abby 'Embers' for awhile now - not a pet name you give to someone you are indifferent to, and seemed to have bonded with the girl since almost day one.

Count the majority of the maternal thing happening off screen and roll with it. Same goes for the combat training - as you'd have to be incredibly stubborn/naive not to even consider the reality that demons would be trained in combat/defense against threats, just like these 'demon hunters' had been.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Gotoh wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:38 am
Chloe's only been living with Abby for what, a few weeks? A month or two? That's hardly enough time to form that kind of bond. And small child, or not, most people wouldn't fly into a frenzy the way Chloe's doing. If the child was legitimately being threatened, they'd be more likely to alert the authorities.
I figured its been several months at this point. And as for contacting the authorities, just who could she contact and how would she do so quickly enough? Slash Stab? She wants the people Chloe is with to suffer, so she may not be willing to help. Human authorities? First she'd have to get them to believe any of this is happening, then they'd have to be capable of dealing with monster hunters. As far as she's concerned Abby is in danger right now and she has the power to protect her so she's using it.

As for the frenzy, that's probably just an innate demon thing if they get upset enough more than training. Chloe's shown signs of it before.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Don't fret, Abby dear. Just go to this website: www.pixietrixcomix.com.
:p

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Varanus: Abby wasn't in immediate danger, they only gave her a warning. If they actually intended to harm her, they could've done it already. Instead, they fired a warning shot, then introduced themselves and laid down the law. From the looks of things, they probably would've left it at that had Chloe not attacked them.

How is that any different than a cop issuing a warning to a potential felon? That's part of the cop's job. I still think it was rash and way too soon for Tandy and Gabby to confront Abby and Chloe the way they did, but they likely view their duty as monster hunters the same way.
Fluffy wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:04 am
Chloe's been calling Abby 'Embers' for awhile now - not a pet name you give to someone you are indifferent to, and seemed to have bonded with the girl since almost day one.
Layla has nicknames for people too, including Brooke who she doesn't even like all that much. Just saying.
Fluffy wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:04 am
Count the majority of the maternal thing happening off screen and roll with it. Same goes for the combat training - as you'd have to be incredibly stubborn/naive not to even consider the reality that demons would be trained in combat/defense against threats, just like these 'demon hunters' had been.
Except we've at least seen the AA students training several times and were told about it by a member of the creative team in advance.

We didn't get anything remotely like it with Chloe, or Tartarus Academy in general. And we can't simply assume cryptids train in combat, otherwise, how would you explain CH? Brooke (I'm still undecided on whether Ana's actually a cryptid) was/were the only one(s) shown to have any practice fighting, 'til now.

But I suppose I'll have to accept it, regardless.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

I will be very sad if the demon hunters don't win against the succubus that has proven to be a lowly succubus since she can't even control herself in anything versus the well trained students who've shown they can kick butt and been taught too.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@JoybuzzerX: I'd agree, except the AA students winning would result in Chloe being dead, which we already know isn't gonna happen since she's the main character. And they're definitely not gonna kill off a child character.

So I won't be surprised if Tandy and Gabby suffer a loss. It can easily be explained by the cryptids having natural advantages (i.e. enhanced speed, power, supernatural ability, etc.) to balance out the AA students' training.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Gotoh wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:50 pm
@Varanus: Abby wasn't in immediate danger, they only gave her a warning. If they actually intended to harm her, they could've done it already. Instead, they fired a warning shot, then introduced themselves and laid down the law. From the looks of things, they probably would've left it at that had Chloe not attacked them.

How is that any different than a cop issuing a warning to a potential felon? That's part of the cop's job.
They threw a kunai dangerously close to Abby's head and Gabrielle drew her knitting needle across her throat, making it very clear what her intentions were if Abby failed to listen to them. Those were direct threats against someone Chloe obviously cares about. No compassionate friend is going to stand by and let people do that - especially to a child in their care.

And comparing what these two self important 'demon hunters' did to what cops are trained to do? Most reputable cops won't throw lethal weapons at a potential threat's head, or threaten decapitation to people they only assume has done something bad. Tandy and Gabrielle - in their inflated opinions of themselves and their prowess (they're demon hunters in training, at best - not experienced hunters) - tried to strong arm a child and are now facing a real threat, as a result.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Succubus have 8d10 +40hp and a bab of +8

Of course they’re good in combat.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:13 pm
They threw a kunai dangerously close to Abby's head and Gabrielle drew her knitting needle across her throat, making it very clear what her intentions were if Abby failed to listen to them.
Neither of which was a direct attack. It was a warning. And, yes, cops have the authority to issue a warning shot if the situation warrants it.

If Tandy and Gabrielle actually wanted to harm either of them, they would've gone for the kill straightaway by throwing the kunai directly at Abby, or Chloe. Nor would they have wasted time explaining themselves, they would've simply gone on the attack. Tandy and Gabrielle didn't. Therefore, Abby and Chloe were in no immediate danger.

If a cop issues a warning, the felon doesn't get to attack them and claim it was self-defense. Drawing a line across her throat was issuing a warning, not an attack.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Warning shots aren't made directly at the person, though. It's usually aimed far enough away to give the would be assailant a scare. What Tandy did was throw a bladed weapon mere inches from Abby and Chloe's faces.

That's not a warning - that's a threat. Same goes for the 'slit throat' gesture.

As for how Tandy and Gabrielle are handling the situation - AA students seem to have this annoying habit of oozing bravado whenever facing a would be troublemaker - wasting valuable seconds showboating, instead of actively handling the situation. Gabrielle is especially fond of this (how many times have we seen her threaten bodily harm with her knitting needles in this comic, and MC?)

This is just on par for the course with these two. The only difference in this case is Chloe is having none of their BS.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:46 pm
That's not a warning - that's a threat. Same goes for the 'slit throat' gesture.
"Do not _______ or you will be shot." Threat, or fair warning?
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 1974 7:39 am
AA students seem to have this annoying habit of oozing bravado whenever facing a would be troublemaker - wasting valuable seconds showboating, instead of actively handling the situation.
So you'd rather they just attack indiscriminately, without discerning whether the situation warrants it first? 'cuz that's what AA's policy against cryptids used to be.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

The difference between a fair warning and a threat - see the difference? (skip to 1:13 to avoid Sansa abuse).

As for the 'demon hunters' choice in action in this case - if they've convinced themselves that 'Abby' is a threat, they should have killed her on the spot. The fact that they're not sure what her 'business with Decarlo' is; they should have kept their distance and not say/do squat all until a legit threat presented itself.

Right now, both Tandy and Gabrielle are stupidly putting on a bravdo to look tough to someone they perceive as being weak; and are justifiably getting their asses kicked because of it.
Last edited by Fluffy on Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:30 pm
The difference between a fair warning and a threat - see the difference? (skip to 1:13 to avoid Sansa abuse).
Bronn: "Careful now... you don't want to get blood all over your pretty white cloak."

I'd say that qualifies as both a warning and threat, since Sir Merron knew exactly what he meant, especially once Tyrion authorized Bronn to kill him if he spoke again. So not much difference between him and that guard warning those prisoners what not to do, unless any of them wanted to be shot.
Fluffy wrote:
The fact that they're not sure what her 'business with Decarlo' is; they should have kept their distance and not say/do squat all until a legit threat presented itself.
Agreed here. I've said that myself (at least twice).
Fluffy wrote:
Right now, both Tandy and Abby are stupidly putting on a bravdo to look tough to someone they perceive as being weak.
No, they're doing what every AA student is being trained for. We've been told that several times: first by Tiffany (3rd panel), then by Faith (4th panel), and Ash basically said the same thing when Mel showed up for his fight with Brooke: "Hey, Mel. Look: I'm fighting my first monster!"

Practice drills and combat exams are one thing, but they all seem to agree that live experience is better. So when an opportunity presents itself, they take it (as shown by Tiff and Faith's own words). They're gonna have to do it sooner or later and Tiff already has her first kill.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

What first kill? Tiffany has yet to kill a single cryptid. If we're talking the tentacle monsters in the Bermuda Triangle - that was Jacqui (a witch); and it was never detailed how she defeated them.

I find it ridiculous that a school would teach their students to give demons/threatening cryptids a warning before disposing of them; and, you can't get much more threatening that a sex demon who feeds off of male life forces/turning people into mindless slaves through sexual activity - something these 'demon hunters' should have been taught by their teachers. And no, I'm not buying they'd change the rules because a single witch disposed of a threat to their academy. One 'good' cryptid doesn't paint the entire sub-species as inherently good. If anything, Melissa's actions should make them even more wary - because something they initially thought was evil - who actually does have an evil twin, that the 'good' witch merges with on multiple occasions - may still pose a threat to their school.

You're trying to paint these kids/this school as being far more impressive than they actually are - and it's getting sad; so, I'm stepping away from this topic.