Dangerously Chloe 21-12-17 Stay Away From Her

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Fluffy

Re: Dangerously Chloe 21-12-17 Stay Away From Her

Post by Fluffy »

Good - the real threat has finally shown herself. Now, let's see if these self proclaimed demon hunters are remotely competent in a real battle scenario . I'm betting on them being laughably bad and Chloe taking them both out with a blast of enthralling pheromones. Shouldn't be too hard, either - as we've already seen how Gabrielle reacted to Chloe and Tandy has had sexual fantasies about Teddy in his Chloe form.

But then, that would come down to Chloe knowing that the pheromones would work on these two girls. For all anyone knows; the only reason Teddy (unknowingly) used his as a defense mechanism was because he was secretly turned on by getting his ass whupped by a bunch of girls (or the idea that he was being self sacrificing by putting himself through Hell for Chloe).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

My money is on the monster hunters, since y'know they've got actual combat training while as far as we know, Chloe has nil, plus since their encounter with Teddy, they know about the pheromone threat.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:26 am
Good - the real threat has finally shown herself. Now, let's see if these self proclaimed demon hunters are remotely competent in a real battle scenario . I'm betting on them being laughably bad.
We've been told AA is a meritocracy and Gabrielle is admired by the student body. Also, Cerise has shown far greater ability than anything we've seen from Chloe so far, and Cerise considered Gabrielle and Tandy to be a threat. So they must have some degree of talent.
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:26 am
For all anyone knows; the only reason Teddy (unknowingly) used his as a defense mechanism was because he was secretly turned on by getting his ass whupped by a bunch of girls
I'd find that hard to believe. Otherwise, he'd simply take the beating and get his rocks off.

Not to mention, it still raises the question why Chloe didn't emit any defense pheromones when she was being dragged away by that mob at CH.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Just because we've only seen a few scarce lessons at the succubus school (mostly pertaining to how to feed) doesn't mean that Chloe isn't capable of beating the snot out of two self proclaimed demon hunters; you know - two girls who've never experienced a real monster battle; only simulated ones - with restrictions thrown in for safety reasons. And, when they were faced with a real threat (Cerise) - they mostly stayed on the sidelines while Melissa did most of the work (out of the two, only Tandy played an active role by protecting Melissa prior to the final battle; and, when she faced Cerise, she was disposed of within seconds and had to be dragged to safety. So, Tandy as a real threat against an actual demon? Don't make me laugh!

And Gabrielle? The other girls can rave about her expertise; but, so far as any of us seen, the worst she's done is threaten people with her knitting needles.

As for Chloe not using pheromones to defend herself while at CH? She was very clearly only just tapping into her powers and most of what she did do was by sheer accident. With the Doompanties, we've seen how capable she can be when she had control over her powers - and she was a formidable threat; only being taken down by a perverted doll with an obsession with girl's panties.

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:41 pm
you know - two girls who've never experienced a real monster battle; only simulated ones - with restrictions thrown in for safety reasons.
The reverse is true, Chloe has never faced monster hunters in battle, simulated or otherwise, nor has she ever received combat training has far as we know. It's not much of a stretch to believe that the two "self proclaimed demon hunters" who had time to prepare would have the advantage over the one monster schoolgirl who is caught by surprise.

Then again, if the plot is being fueled by idiocy, anything could happen.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Just because we've only seen a few scarce lessons at the succubus school (mostly pertaining to how to feed) doesn't mean that Chloe isn't capable of beating the snot out of two self proclaimed demon hunters
Exactly, which is why we can't just assume she's been taught how to fight. Tartarus doesn't appear to be like AA and Apollo.
Fluffy wrote:
you know - two girls who've never experienced a real monster battle; only simulated ones - with restrictions thrown in for safety reasons.
Tiffany is one of those girls and she's usually a ditz, but she still slew a kraken to save the Hellrune twins. So is Faith, who has been acknowledged as the most powerful esper in their school's history, and Callista proved her credentials as captain of their Archery Club in her first appearance.

Point being, I wouldn't take any of them lightly.
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 1974 3:21 pm
And, when they were faced with a real threat (Cerise) - they mostly stayed on the sidelines while Melissa did most of the work
That's rewriting the comic, 'cuz what actually happened was:
  • 1. Cerise used a spell to lure the student council away from the school, because she wasn't willing to try facing them directly.
  • 3. Tandy kept Mel safe and fed while they were in hiding, and had to get Mel to stop being self-absorbed and start looking at the bigger picture. Then sacrificed herself, so Mel and Sandi could escape in hopes they'd save the school.
...and the only reason Faith stayed out of it is because, until then, she was the one who protected the student body and made them feel safe. So she decided to give the girls a chance to stand on their own.
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 1974 3:21 pm
As for Chloe not using pheromones to defend herself while at CH? She was very clearly only just tapping into her powers and most of what she did do was by sheer accident.
Teddy's activated his powers by accident too, when he was under attack. So was Chloe, yet nothing happened. That's why it's odd that there wasn't a trace of any succubus defense mechanism in her case.

The Doompanties were a different case altogether and that was resolved the moment Layla found out what they were dealing with.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

When a person (in this case, Tandy) boasts about being such an awesome fighter/demon slayer - and the only example we've seen of her fighting skills was when she's taken out in one shot from an amped up witch; forgive me for thinking she's full of herself in regards to her prowess as a fighter.

And I was talking about Gabrielle being on the sidelines; not Faith - I know full well Faith was protecting the others during that epic battle for Artemis Academy. In Gabrielle's case - the only thing she's managed to prove thus far was how she likes to intimidate people by threatening to shove her knitting needles under fingernails - making her more of a sadistic bully than a legit threat.

So, as far as Ive seen - from Tandy and Gabrielle - it's been all talk and no action (fighting wise).

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:18 pm
When a person (in this case, Tandy) boasts about being such an awesome fighter/demon slayer - and the only example we've seen of her fighting skills was when she's taken out in one shot from an amped up witch; forgive me for thinking she's full of herself in regards to her prowess as a fighter.
Losing one fight doesn't discredit her ability.

Ash lost a fight to a Melusine, but it doesn't changed the fact that he fights well enough to compete with his gf and once defeated the entire Ninja Club single-handedly. Tandy lost to Ash and Cerise, but still defeated several of Ash's friends during the breastplate raid and in the brief time it took Gabrielle to pin Daisy, Tandy dropped all of Daisy's goons on her own.

And we know both of them train in live combat exams where anything goes; including the use of weapons, magic, and summons.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

And all of those opponents that Ash, Tandy, etc defeated were humans - some magically imbued; but, they were still human Those that weren't - you know, the monsters they're supposedly trained to kill? - defeated them without much effort. Even Tiffany's victory against the tentacle monster wouldn't have been possible if Jacqui (another witch) hadn't weakened it, first.

If Tandy and Gabrielle manage to defeat Chloe; its not going to be due to their supposed fighting prowess and Chloe's lack of expertise in it (because I sincerely doubt that Slash-Stab didn't teach her pupils the art of self defense), it'll be due to Chloe's (largely inexcusable) weakened state, which would play to their advantage.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:46 pm
And all of those opponents that Ash, Tandy, etc defeated were humans - some magically imbued; but, they were still human Those that weren't - you know, the monsters they're supposedly trained to kill? - defeated them without much effort.
I'm pretty sure Layla and Brooke would disagree. Layla wound up pleading for help and was fortunate that Faith knocked herself out.

Brooke began to struggle against Ash once he adapted to her and even asked why she suddenly couldn't hit him. Even after she snaked out on him, he continued to hold his own until she constricted him.

And Cerise stabbed Tandy, rather than actually fight her, because every time Cerise has tried fighting someone directly, she's had her *** handed to her.

All things considered, the AA and Apollo students are pretty good to say they're still in training.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Paint it in favor of the AA and Apollo students all you want - in each and every fight they've had against a cryptid, they've been defeated - either because they were overpowered or their ego got in the way. The only reason the cryptids didn't kill them is because someone else intervened to distract the cryptid (Tiffany stepping between Layla and Faith, Melissa distracting Brooke to save Ash).

And Cerise stabbing Tandy is still considered fighting her; as disabling Tandy immediately took her out as an immediate threat.
Last edited by Fluffy on Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:31 pm
in each and every fight they've had against a cryptid, they've been defeated - either because they were overpowered or their ego got in the way. The only reason the cryptids didn't kill them is because someone else intervened to distract the cryptid.
Which is ignoring the fact that Faith had Layla dead to rights and could've killed her easily (which was confirmed by the editor), right from the start? Or the fact that Layla only survived due to a lucky break?

And Cerise is the *C-verse's posterchild for dumb luck, which was also noted by the editor who said her success is (quote): "1/3 luck, 1/3 spin control (i.e. fabrication and embellishment), and only 1/3 actual skill".

Brooke is the only cryptid we've seen so far who's defeated a slayer entirely on her own, without luck, or outside intervention. I'd say the same for Ana, except it's uncleat whether she's actually a witch, a human magic user, or both.
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:31 pm
And Cerise stabbing Tandy is still considered fighting her; as disabling Tandy immediately took her out as an immediate threat.
Oh c'mon. If Jay Leno shot Jet Li, could you really call that beating him? I'm certain we know what the outcome would be if Jay actually tried fighting him.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Would Faith have defeated Layla? Sure, according to her creator, she would have. But, as it was played out, Faith's overconfidence/ego got in her way and she nearly got herself killed, as a result. If you want to claim dumb luck in Cerise's case for winning her respective battles, the same can be said about Faith in her battle against Layla; as it was only dumb luck that Tiffany arrived and intervened in order to save Faith from a situation Faith put herself into.

If Tiffany wasn't there to stop Layla, Layla - in her deranged blood lust - would have taken advantage of Faith's weakened state and probably would have killed her in the process.

And yes, if Jay Leno and Jet Li got into a fight and Jay Leno won by shooting Jet Li, Jay Leno would be the winner - as the main goal in a fight is to overpower/defeat your opponent. How one accomplishes that is insignificant.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Gotoh wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:41 am
If she's (somehow) able to defeat them and lets them live, the issue becomes: what's to stop Tandy and Gabrielle from bringing out AA's big guns (i.e. Faith, good Mel, Callista, etc.)?
Of course, Mel knows Chloe, although I don't remember strips of them interacting in Eerie Cuties.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@FuzzyFace: I can't think of any interactions between Mel and Chloe either. I only mentioned her because she's the new student council president.
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:20 pm
If you want to claim dumb luck in Cerise's case for winning her respective battles, the same can be said about Faith in her battle against Layla.
Tiff's presence was fortunate, yes, but I'd hardly call it luck seeing as Faith wasn't losing when Tiff showed up. Layla was already down for the count, while Faith was busy deciding what to do with her (1st panel).

Layla, on the other hand, did luck out 'cuz Faith was debating staking her then and there. But when Tiff showed up, Faith changed her mind (3rd panel here) and decided to use Layla for combat practice first. So if Tiff hadn't arrived when she did, Layla would've been dead, not Faith.
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:20 pm
And yes, if Jay Leno and Jet Li got into a fight and Jay Leno won by shooting Jet Li, Jay Leno would be the winner - as the main goal in a fight is to overpower/defeat your opponent. How one accomplishes that is insignificant.
Sure, but I'm not talking about them scuffling, then Jay shooting him. I meant Jay shooting Jet Li to avoid fighting him at all, which is what Cerise did to Tandy. They didn't fight, because Cerise wasn't willing to chance facing her, so she stabbed Tandy instead.